| FTBL Kane Wommack

Last two years wasnt ?

We are about to go through a period of Revisionist History unlike anything we've seen in a LONG time, maybe ever as it pertains to Alabama football. Every little thing is going to be compared to the Saban Years and a lot of it is going to be done so in a dishonest or amnesia ridden manner. Now, that's not to say this team doesn't have some glaring problems, they certainly do... but a few of them were already cropping up like bamboo the last 2 or 3 years under Saban's direction.

We are about to go through a period of Revisionist History unlike anything we've seen in a LONG time, maybe ever as it pertains to Alabama football. Every little thing is going to be compared to the Saban Years and a lot of it is going to be done so in a dishonest or amnesia ridden manner. Now, that's not to say this team doesn't have some glaring problems, they certainly do... but a few of them were already cropping up like bamboo the last 2 or 3 years under Saban's direction.
Like stupid penalties that negates a good play? Can’t defend a HS team on 3rd down? Unfortunately, this is who we have become. Would we be saying same thing if our team was anyone else? I’m thinking it’s everywhere but even CNS couldn’t keep it out of Tuscaloosa.

Maybe I'm a victim of it. But to me, the defense has not played to the standard we were used to seeing since 2017.

Like stupid penalties that negates a good play? Can’t defend a HS team on 3rd down? Unfortunately, this is who we have become. Would we be saying same thing if our team was anyone else? I’m thinking it’s everywhere but even CNS couldn’t keep it out of Tuscaloosa.

I think a lot of it, not all of it, but a lot of it boils down to some poor position coaches... and I mean poor by Bama Standards... that is a common thread of both regimes in some areas. Not across the board, but it's an issues.

Maybe I'm a victim of it. But to me, the defense has not played to the standard we were used to seeing since 2017.

The defense has (major) issues, no way around that. But, a lot of fans have been bitching about the defense since Pruitt left in a manner that resembles the boy crying about the wolf. The wolf is in town now, but forgive me if I don't take the boy seriously at this point. He's been screaming for years.

I was hoping that Deboer would have retained Kevin Steele. That is if KS could have been talked into holding off on retirement for a season or two longer. The D had some issues last season, but not like it was under Golding

but a few of them were already cropping up like bamboo the last 2 or 3 years under Saban's direction.
This is indeed the case. Seems like people forget last years team was not very good early but got better as the year worn on. In general the D has been digressing for a few years now.

Maybe this should be a thread in its own self but is CKD an enabler or someone that makes excuses for poor play instead of challenging them? A lot of coach speak like I am proud of how blah blah blah found a way. He does not say we should never be there in the first place and these guys need to ask themselve what do we want and are we willing to work to get it. No challenging or calling it like it is. I hear we are not a finished product and we are learning. All true but that does not say anything other than we are what we are and only time will resolve this. Maybe that is what he is saying when he makes those kind of comments.

This is indeed the case. Seems like people forget last years team was not very good early but got better as the year worn on. In general the D has been digressing for a few years now.

Maybe this should be a thread in its own self but is CKD an enabler or someone that makes excuses for poor play instead of challenging them? A lot of coach speak like I am proud of how blah blah blah found a way. He does not say we should never be there in the first place and these guys need to ask themselve what do we want and are we willing to work to get it. No challenging or calling it like it is. I hear we are not a finished product and we are learning. All true but that does not say anything other than we are what we are and only time will resolve this. Maybe that is what he is saying when he makes those kind of comments.

He doesn't appear to be a guy that is going to send messages through the media like Saban did... beyond that, without knowing for sure what he says (and does) inside the complex, it's nothing but pure speculation. And he goes to great lengths to keep things inside the walls (on stuff he feels matters). But I mentioned weeks ago, when he's talking to the media, he says a lot without saying really anything a lot of times. That's just how he handles it on the public side of things.

He doesn't appear to be a guy that is going to send messages through the media like Saban did... beyond that, without knowing for sure what he says (and does) inside the complex, it's nothing but pure speculation. And he goes to great lengths to keep things inside the walls (on stuff he feels matters). But I mentioned weeks ago, when he's talking to the media, he says a lot without saying really anything a lot of times. That's just how he handles it on the public side of things.
A lot more coach speak for sure. So much positivity it can be nauseating. I have been trying to give CKD the benefit of the doubt and will continue to do so. To be able to do that I have to remind myself of his record, it is his first year and if he wins I do not care that it is different.

A lot more coach speak for sure. So much positivity it can be nauseating. I have been trying to give CKD the benefit of the doubt and will continue to do so. To be able to do that I have to remind myself of his record, it is his first year and if he wins I do not care that it is different.

Now that's a t-shirt I can get onboard with...

Back
Top Bottom