| FTBL Kane Wommack

I'm still under the impression this defense thrives when it's putting people under pressure. The fact that Wommack keeps dialing back on the blitzes and they keep getting success on 3rd and long is proof that if we stay aggressive in this defense it can be successful. The difference is we will get burned deep once in a while, you just hope that the rush can change the throw enough to make it uncatchable sometimes.

I'm still under the impression this defense thrives when it's putting people under pressure. The fact that Wommack keeps dialing back on the blitzes and they keep getting success on 3rd and long is proof that if we stay aggressive in this defense it can be successful. The difference is we will get burned deep once in a while, you just hope that the rush can change the throw enough to make it uncatchable sometimes.
Rushing when extra blockers are brought in and your secondary is green, on obvious passing downs, he is hamstrung… He can’t trust his secondary so he fills it with more tacklers… and it has to be more tacklers because no one can tackle by themselves..

I am too old to remember the detail but there was some discussion (during spring I think) about the change for DB's in coverage with Kane' scheme and I mean by former players etc, What I see is the front 7 are so damn average. Not an elite player amongst this group so far. You can't blame everything on a scheme all the damn time. The front 7 tackle like it's their 1st day in pads.

I watched the tape again. Defense wasnt that bad. It seems like two players on defense hurt defense as a whole with their inability to make proper play or do what they were told. This is personnel issues.

I am too old to remember the detail but there was some discussion (during spring I think) about the change for DB's in coverage with Kane' scheme and I mean by former players etc, What I see is the front 7 are so damn average. Not an elite player amongst this group so far. You can't blame everything on a scheme all the damn time. The front 7 tackle like it's their 1st day in pads.
I wonder if we would be having all these conversations if Caleb Downs had stayed... either way, I understand where you're coming from. We have a very young and very green secondary. But dropping more in coverage hasn't worked, so Kane needs to figure out a way to get more pressure on the opposing QB. I'm also noticing that in some cases, it's just outright blown coverages. Maybe this young D will improve and gel as the season goes on???? We have to hope so.

I wonder if we would be having all these conversations if Caleb Downs had stayed... either way, I understand where you're coming from. We have a very young and very green secondary. But dropping more in coverage hasn't worked, so Kane needs to figure out a way to get more pressure on the opposing QB. I'm also noticing that in some cases, it's just outright blown coverages. Maybe this young D will improve and gel as the season goes on???? We have to hope so.
And Downs lost last night…😉

Caleb Downs? who is he? Not familar with him. I don't know if Downs would've helped because he's a safety. IMO, safety play hasn't been the issue this season. It's more of CBs.

Caleb Downs? who is he? Not familar with him. I don't know if Downs would've helped because he's a safety. IMO, safety play hasn't been the issue this season. It's more of CBs.
So you think our linebacker play has been good? Because it's right there with d-line play as being one of the weaker points of this defense. There isn't a strong point of this D at all actually.

It's definitely not all on the scheme. There are multiple holes in the boat so it adds up top a complete system failure, but the scheme itself isn't the issue.

Back
Top Bottom