| FTBL jimmy johns, what's up?

It seems a guy with his raw talent and strength should be on the field. If nothing else we could use his tenacity out there besides special teams. Something just doesn't sit right about him not getting a shot in a big game tonight.

Go4Bama said:
It seems a guy with his raw talent and strength should be on the field.

That is the thing, I don't want to get very specific about all of this... but you have to have more than raw talent and strength to show up in Saban's playing rotation. I don't mean this to be a flame, I just don't know any other way to put it... if Saban felt that Johns would give them the best chance to win, he'd be carrying the football.

He should have got some carries tonight. I am not affraid to call a spade a spade. Him not playing in replacement of coffee as a big back was a bonehead move. The staff made some great moves tonight, but Johns should not have been in there and we should not have went for the home run ball towards the end of the game on third down. I think we did pretty well besides that.

If ImAlive1459 shows up to Saban's practice, it doesn't matter how I used to play. It doesn't matter if I run a 4.3 40 and squat 700 pounds. It doesn't matter if I averaged 7.5 yards a carry last year. What matters is my work ethic. If ImAlive1459 doesn't practice, he don't play. If he doesn't look like he wants it in practice, he don't play. If Joe No comes in and wants it more than me, I better step it up.

We don't get paid 4 million dollars a year to make the decisions. Jimmy Johns is not our running back. He's an impact player on special teams.

You know the coach knows best.
There are a ton of what -ifs.
What if he played and fumbled? Does he have fumble problems? who knows? Well the coach does. It's as simple as that. That's the only way I can attempt to understand some of this stuff.

I've said it all year he's a bigger and stonger back. Yet, we don't play him no idea why guess well never know. I wouldn't be surpised to see him transfer myself.

imalive1459 said:
If ImAlive1459 shows up to Saban's practice, it doesn't matter how I used to play. It doesn't matter if I run a 4.3 40 and squat 700 pounds. It doesn't matter if I averaged 7.5 yards a carry last year. What matters is my work ethic. If ImAlive1459 doesn't practice, he don't play. If he doesn't look like he wants it in practice, he don't play. If Joe No comes in and wants it more than me, I better step it up.

We don't get paid 4 million dollars a year to make the decisions. Jimmy Johns is not our running back. He's an impact player on special teams.

That's good posting right there. I can't believe anybody would actually question Saban. Granted through the Dubose era, Shula era.....we have had some guys learning on the job. What in the world is somebody that drives a school bus or washes dishes down at the local Shoney's gonna tell CNS about X's and O's. Not a freakin' thing!! aight. After the Arkansas game I told the fella that sits behind me that's why he makes 4 million a year and I don't.

My buddy at the Arkansas game asked me do you kick it? When Tiffin went in with about 4 minutes to go and we need a TD to tie. I told him no not with your kicker kicking at 50% accuracy. What do I know. I decided right then it doesn't do me any good to question this man becuase he has excreted more football knowledge out is rectum than I could ever want to attain in 3 lifetimes.

JJ is not playing because of what Porter said. He is not giving us the best option at RB. Nothing furthur matters. CNS wants to win and he will put the best players on the field to try an insure that.

Something we don't take into account is the fact that Coach Saban doesn't care about 1 game in 1 season. Did he want to win the LSU game? I'm sure he did. He's looking at the future of the program though. Not just the 2007 season.

This coach isn't going to change his coaching philosophy to gain an advantage in one game. He has a winning philosophy and it's going to pay off big time in the future.

This is a quote from his post-game presser last night....

Coach Saban said:
We're going to play the ones that want to do it [the right] way. And the ones that don't, we will replace them as soon as we can.

I'm not saying this is why JJ isn't playing runningback, but I don't think CNS said this just to hear himself talk.

i'm a big JJ fan as well, but maybe his inability to hold on to the ball is why he doesn't get many reps at TB. i can appreciate that. hate it for him though. my heart goes out to the guy. he play so hard and gets so little reward.

jdpas29 said:
i'm a big JJ fan as well, but maybe his inability to hold on to the ball is why he doesn't get many reps at TB. i can appreciate that. hate it for him though. my heart goes out to the guy. he play so hard and gets so little reward.

Him getting reps this week had a bit to do with our depth situation as well. Upchurch still wearing a black jersey early on in the week, and of course Coffee out. Neither Grant or Lowe are 20 carries a game type of players.

His ball control has some to do with his lack of playing time. But, it's only a piece of that pie.

kudzu said:
You know the coach knows best.
There are a ton of what -ifs.
What if he played and fumbled? Does he have fumble problems? who knows? Well the coach does. It's as simple as that. That's the only way I can attempt to understand some of this stuff.

Regardless of that fumble, JJ should have been put in on that 4th and 1, not Grant. JJ has the size and the power to make that play every time....Grant got stopped short.

Had Coffee been there, he would have been in the game at that moment to make that play because of size/power. I don't see why they wouldn't use JJ for the same situation. Bad play call.

Back
Top Bottom