| FTBL All the Bama hate...

Realized a long time ago the best way to shut up rival fans is to lean directly into their gripes and conspiracy theories
If you'll recall, I got into the sports bar business in 2007. I've leaned, heavily, on several. Many. Hundreds.

It's messed up when I do that self introspection thing...no one messes with me on college football in the bars in this area. Most know me...which is what's messed up.

Calling the Georgia fan a Rick James wanna be with Tay-Tay on your arm...that didn't set well.

I just don't get all the hate towards Alabama. It's not like Alabama decided they were going to be in the playoffs and put themselves ahead of FSU. THEY didn't make that determination. Yet everyone crying about it acts as if they did.

Even when the committee came out and said that if Georgia had won, the rankings would've been

1 UGA
2 Michigan
3 Washington
4 Texas

So FSU would've been left out, anyway. Yet here we are, with everyone being pissed at Alabama for being #4.

Whatever...I'm over it, now. Fuck 'em all.

I know we beat this to death about how biased fans look at the officiating through biased glass. (looking at you Tenn and LSU).

But that Auburn game was one of the worst officiated games I can remember, and not just from a Bama standpoint. Bama and daBarn both had calls go against or that were missed that were absolutely wrong. The SEC should hire refs that it is their full time job (like the NFL) and fine the piss out of them when they screw up.

My biggest gripe with officials is the fact that the replay official "doesn't like to overturn" what is called on the field, unless it is so oblivious that Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder both could have seen it. For instance the Burton catch that was in-bounds against the Barn. It was called a no catch on the field (after some debate). He was clearly in bounds. Those are the type calls that have to be overturned. To hell with your frat-buddies that are on the field making the call and you don't want to make them look bad. They are humans watching it real time. We have replay in the booth and in B'ham for this very reason.

It does not matter what any committee does, one fan base or two will always be upset. The debate could have just as easily been Texas/Florida St. or Alabama/Texas. Personally IMO, I feel like FSU did everything they could do to make the playoffs, they won every game and won their leagues championship. With that said, they are not one of the best teams in the country, especially with their starting QB out. Crap happens, remember 1978 when nd jumped from 5th to 1st the UPI Poll? I do! They jumped a #3 ranked Bama team that was ahead of them, BEAT Ohio St. in the Sugar Bowl and still did not get the nod over nd. #1 Texas and #2 Oklahoma both lost in their bowl games. Texas to nd and Oklahoma to Arkansas which wound up #3.

Sometimes decisions are made that are not fair for whatever the reason. Bama goes in because we defeated a team that was riding a 28/29 game winning streak, two time defending national champion, winners of 10 games in a row and in MY OPINOIN, one of the best teams in college football. Yes, an argument can be made that Florida St., Georgia and Ohio St. COULD have been in the top 4 but the decision was made by a committee and IMO, the chairman did a good job defending the decision.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom