| FTBL Jimbo Fisher Fired: The Texas A&M coaching search.

An actual 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... list. Probably not yet. Targets that they want? 100%. And Bjork already had Jimmy Sexton on line 1 to close out the Jimbo file.
Oh I have to believe they already have a commitment(s) from a desirable candidate(s). Or as was discussed earlier today by Finebaum and some guy from ESPN whose name escapes me, they may decide to go with an up-and-coming candidate with all the infrastructure in the world already in place. I just don't see them paying this unprecedented buyout without plans ironed out beforehand. In fact, this is why they probably fired him now in case he wins out and finishes with 9 wins.

I just don't see them paying this unprecedented buyout without plans ironed out beforehand.
I don't believe this to be true. There are historical precedents to Bjork and the A&M admin making bad decisions. I also believe the timing is directly related to the December signing dates. Firing Jimbo after their last game? A lot of damage could come from waiting that long.

Billy Liucci, who basically runs the news arm of Texags.com, has indicated to his member base there isn't a #1 guy: just a list like all AD's have on hand.

I don't believe this to be true. There are historical precedents to Bjork and the A&M admin making bad decisions. I also believe the timing is directly related to the December signing dates. Firing Jimbo after their last game? A lot of damage could come from waiting that long.

Billy Liucci, who basically runs the news arm of Texags.com, has indicated to his member base there isn't a #1 guy: just a list like all AD's have on hand.

Is it possible their boosters put $100M in an interest bearing account and just let the lump sum make some money to go towards this, or is it possible they got an insurance plan to hedge a bet?

Is it possible their boosters put $100M in an interest bearing account and just let the lump sum make some money to go towards this, or is it possible they got an insurance plan to hedge a bet?
They only have to come up with 22 million or so for Jimbo, probably another three or four million for his staff. It's a big number, but stretched out. A&M will be paying Jimbo for several years.

If I am an AD I would put in a call to Kliesman at Kansas State. Winners know how to win. He has done a great job at Kansas State. If I was Texas A&m he would have to turn it down before I call Elko.

Awards
Championships
Accomplishments and honors
Head coaching record
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
Playing career
Biographical details
Current position
Klieman in 2022
TitleHead coach
TeamKansas State
ConferenceBig 12
Record37–23
Annual salary$4.5 million
BornSeptember 27, 1967 (age 56)
Waterloo, Iowa, U.S.
1986–1990Northern Iowa
Position(s)Defensive back
1991–1992Northern Iowa (GA)
1993Northern Iowa (DB)
1994–1996Western Illinois (DB)
1997Kansas (GA)
1999Missouri State (DB)
2002–2004Loras (DC)
2005Loras
2006–2007Northern Iowa (DB)
2008Northern Iowa (Co-DC/DB)
2009–2010Northern Iowa (DC/DB)
2011North Dakota State (DB)
2012–2013North Dakota State (DC)
2014–2018North Dakota State
2019–presentKansas State
Overall109–36
Bowls1–2
Tournaments18–1 (NCAA FCS playoffs)
4 NCAA Division I FCS (2014–2015, 2017–2018)
5 MVFC (2014–2018)
1 Big 12 (2022)
MVFC Coach of the Year (2017)

I am sitting here watching the replay of the press conference that I am assuming the athletic Director of Texas A&M was holding.

Several things stand out, number one, he seems to really feel the need to let everyone know that he made the decision to fire Jimbo, I just think it’s funny because he keeps saying I did this I did that.

Then he made kind of a stupid comment about nowhere in the country would fence come out and sell out of stadium for a ball game supporting the veterans like they did Saturday, I understand you have to prop up the school a little bit, but that was a bit stupid, and he wasn’t doing it for hyperbole
Purposes.

Lastly, he keeps talking about how they should be in the national championship conversation every year and so on, and I agree they are in the SEC. They have a good program and they have a lot of money, but have they ever truly been in the national championship conversation? I’m racking my brain and I don’t remember it.

I am sitting here watching the replay of the press conference that I am assuming the athletic Director of Texas A&M was holding.

Several things stand out, number one, he seems to really feel the need to let everyone know that he made the decision to fire Jimbo, I just think it’s funny because he keeps saying I did this I did that.

Then he made kind of a stupid comment about nowhere in the country would fence come out and sell out of stadium for a ball game supporting the veterans like they did Saturday, I understand you have to prop up the school a little bit, but that was a bit stupid, and he wasn’t doing it for hyperbole
Purposes.

Lastly, he keeps talking about how they should be in the national championship conversation every year and so on, and I agree they are in the SEC. They have a good program and they have a lot of money, but have they ever truly been in the national championship conversation? I’m racking my brain and I don’t remember it.
I think that’s his point. They should be (due to athletes, facilities, funding, fan support, NIL, athletic program) but they’re not. Why not? They haven’t even won a division title much less a conference or national title.

A pure lie. The one's that made the decision? 12th Man Foundation. The same ones who will decide who the next coach is going to be. It's not Bjork.

Purposes.
Nebraska, while losing. South Carolina, while not winning a football game.

It wasn't a bit stupid. It was A LOT of stupid.

As if we didn't have packed out stadiums under DuBose, and Shula. Geez.
Let's think about this for a minute. "Power Programs of the SEC."

UGA, Bama, top the list.
Texas and OU are coming in.
Tennessee. Even with Clyde on the sidelines they're a better program than A&M.

A&M will be behind UGA, Bama, OU, Texas, Tennessee...at best when they join the conference. They're behind LSU.

I'd argue Kentucky and Stoops have a better foundation than what's set in College Station today. Not as much talent, but a better foundation. (And, quite frankly, a better support group for the head coach.)

Under Mater, Auburn is on better footing right now.

I've been saying this for years, here, with Jimbo at A&M. That program was and is in severe disarray.

Got into Willie Nelson's stash.
While I was being facetious, I don't think I'm wrong.

His age. That "gruff" appearance his tries to carry. Unshaven, unkempt, and unhinged.

If you think about it you saw a coach leave Alabama for another SEC school who "carried" the same type of "look." As it ends up, a few months down the road and he's in rehab and taking an LOA for popping pills.

As many years as I was in the sports bar business...maybe I'm wrong, but there's a vibe there I've seen many a time.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Back
Top Bottom