| FTBL Will Jimbo last until the end of the season? Will the administration fire him when the season ends? Or do they give him another year?

They have have to make a splash, so I could see them reaching out to Day, Riley, Kiffin, Harbaugh, maybe McVay if the Rams have a down year or the Vikings' O'Connell, if the Vikings continue their spiral and he's out of a job in December, i.e. big splash and not necessarily best coach.

Or . . .

With what they have to pay out, they probably just promote Petrino.

With all that being said, UK's Stoops would be a solid hire, and better than what they have now.
I think stoops could do some big things at a place like A&M

Jouganatos is a native of Sacramento, Calif., and did not attend Texas A&M. However, if someone without a direct connection to the Aggies feels this passionate about a coaching change, it is easy to imagine those emotions are heightened in College Station.

I think they'll finish 7-5 in the regular season... that would probably do it, IMO. No point in waiting, and unlike most all other schools, the money isn't as big an issue for them (they could pass around a hat in just 1 random luxury box at the next home game and easily collect the $70 million). They don't have to ride it out unless they want to... and now with Texas (and OU) jumping into the pool... IMO, they are going to want to start over sooner rather than later.

Was going to make this same comment that with Texas coming and those two playing again there is nowhere to hide anymore for state pride.

This is another one of those circular arguments that makes me laugh.

People point to their stadium, point to their coaching contracts, and say, "look out, A&M has a lot of money." And then, in an instant, will tell you they can't afford a buyout. 🤷‍♂️
Affording it can mean more than just the cash... I think aTm can afford it with $$$, but not in the perception and politics of it all. But, I really don't have any knowledge on it other than an opinion... a very uninformed opinion at that.

I think aTm can afford it with $$$, but not in the perception and politics of it all.
What perception do they have to save with their current staff? He just brought on Petrino.

The perception will also point to how he ran the FSU program in the ground, was paid a lot of money and didn't do a thing for A&M.

A&M is in the proverbial “between a rock and a hard place!” Keep Jimbo around and watch your football program crash and burn like he did to FSU, watch OU and Texas come in next year and start kicking your teeth in and push you toward the likes of Vandy, or fork out over $75 million to wash the stain away and attempt to find someone competent enough to take his place.

A&M is in the proverbial “between a rock and a hard place!” Keep Jimbo around and watch your football program crash and burn like he did to FSU, watch OU and Texas come in next year and start kicking your teeth in and push you toward the likes of Vandy, or fork out over $75 million to wash the stain away and attempt to find someone competent enough to take his place.

Jimbo gets paid the full amount no matter what. There is no “payout” for early dismissal. In many cases, a school gets relief of some part of the salary by what the guy gets paid in his next job. Not so with Jimbo. He gets paid 100% of his contract (over time) no matter what.

So, do they keep him around for another 7-5 season (or worse) or do they dump him in the hopes of hiring someone who can raise the record to 8-4 or better?

Back
Top Bottom