| FTBL Will Jimbo last until the end of the season? Will the administration fire him when the season ends? Or do they give him another year?

Davestwin

A friend of mine who lives in College Station says the “Fire Jimbo” noise is as loud as he’s ever heard it. That ridiculous $80 million buyout is the ONLY thing that has kept him employed the past few years. Though, I don’t think it will protect him this season. That’s my guess … he’s fired at season’s end. There are only a few programs that can afford $80 million to fire a mistake but A$M’s one of them.

I think they'll finish 7-5 in the regular season... that would probably do it, IMO. No point in waiting, and unlike most all other schools, the money isn't as big an issue for them (they could pass around a hat in just 1 random luxury box at the next home game and easily collect the $70 million). They don't have to ride it out unless they want to... and now with Texas (and OU) jumping into the pool... IMO, they are going to want to start over sooner rather than later.

I think they'll finish 7-5 in the regular season... that would probably do it, IMO. No point in waiting, and unlike most all other schools, the money isn't as big an issue for them (they could pass around a hat in just 1 random luxury box at the next home game and easily collect the $70 million). They don't have to ride it out unless they want to... and now with Texas (and OU) jumping into the pool... IMO, they are going to want to start over sooner rather than later.
This is another one of those circular arguments that makes me laugh.

People point to their stadium, point to their coaching contracts, and say, "look out, A&M has a lot of money." And then, in an instant, will tell you they can't afford a buyout. 🤷‍♂️

I think they give him one more year even if he goes 7-5. His record is about the same or slightly worse than K. Sumlin. I hope they keep him ... lol.

Who do they go after if Jimbo is fired?
They have have to make a splash, so I could see them reaching out to Day, Riley, Kiffin, Harbaugh, maybe McVay if the Rams have a down year or the Vikings' O'Connell, if the Vikings continue their spiral and he's out of a job in December, i.e. big splash and not necessarily best coach.

Or . . .

With what they have to pay out, they probably just promote Petrino.

With all that being said, UK's Stoops would be a solid hire, and better than what they have now.

Who do they go after if Jimbo is fired?

I don’t know if they’d pull the trigger after just 1 season at a power 5 school, but I mentioned in summer that there’s been some smoke about Bjork being enamored with Deion.

So, here is why I want Jimbo fired:

We get Bo Davis back as DL coach next year. We get couple of their players transferring to Bama.

I’ve been in a bit of a fog this weekend, but I’m assuming you mean Sark here instead of Jimbo?

Back
Top Bottom