| RECRUIT Holy Hell what a defensive class.

I've talked about this before, and what could be. But now it's actually happened. In my opinion, this is the best class we've ever put together defensively. And we just added to it a while ago. Out of all the guys that have signed, I'm most excited about Qua Russaw. The kid is an absolute baller and I can not wait to see what he can do as an ILB. We could have a hell of a rotation(if we actually rotate them in) of Linebackers the next few years.

Last edited:
When he met with Saban back in January two of the things Saban mentioned in regard to how the defensive staff saw Russsaw ...

How quickly he comes off the edge and how quickly he makes it to the QB...they pitched him as an EDGE.
He's moving to ILB, he's even talked about it. Honestly, he could play either one and still be an impactful player. But he'll have a much better chance of that by playing inside. We'll see what he actually does. But id expect him to be an inside backers when he gets here.

He's moving to ILB, he's even talked about it. Honestly, he could play either one and still be an impactful player. But he'll have a much better chance of that by playing inside. We'll see what he actually does. But id expect him to be an inside backers when he gets here.
I'd like to see to see the interview where "he's talked about it." Evidently, I missed this. I looked for it, no results.

• Tider Insider: DE/LB
  • 247Sports: EDGE
  • ESPN: OLB
  • Rivals: WDE
  • On3: Doesn't differentiate between ILB and OLB: in his bio he's listed as an EDGE.
  • In high school he played four positions: DE, OLB, WR, and RB.
  • Make of this what you may. His bio from the athletic department on the official school sites points to "Explosive and instinctive outside linebacker from Alabama" in the first sentence.
Setting all that aside ...

As mentioned, just like they do with all the recruits, when Qua was shown how he'd fit in the Bama defense it was as an EDGE type of player with Saban specifically pointing to how quickly he could get to the QB and how quickly (see twitch) he was off the LOS.

Setting that aside ...

I get looking at a guy who's 6'2" to 6'3" and thinking he's an interior linebacker. Makes sense because he doesn't have the build (height) for a position like JACK.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ChAWegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw3UxtCkucGBF0OwbXjBstDL
Found it. He's most certainly moving to the middle. We have an abundance of Edge players already. Plus, with his size and body frame, he's built to be an inside backer. He's most certainly going to get opportunities at getting to the QB while being an inside backer, hopefully they dial up some blitzing concepts for him and let him make a play. The kid is an amazing player, and I hope to see him soon.

Now that the class is locked in. Questions can now turn back to whom will develop said talent.

I don't expect anything to really break until after the sugar bowl, probably after the CFB final.
Just what do you expect TO break...?????

Right now ...just one opening on staff....

You expecting more....i think there is a lot of expectations and hoping...
But i really don't expect major changes...
i know a bunch do.......

I've talked about this before, and what could be. But now it's actually happened. In my opinion, this is the best class we've ever put together defensively. And we just added to it a while ago. Out of all the guys that have signed, I'm most excited about Qua Russaw. The kid is an absolute baller and I can not wait to see what he can do as an ILB. We could have a hell of a rotation(if we actually rotate them in) of Linebackers the next few years.
And grab a few off portal to season some young 'uns.....could be a winning formula

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ChAWegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw3UxtCkucGBF0OwbXjBstDL
Found it. He's most certainly moving to the middle. We have an abundance of Edge players already. Plus, with his size and body frame, he's built to be an inside backer. He's most certainly going to get opportunities at getting to the QB while being an inside backer, hopefully they dial up some blitzing concepts for him and let him make a play. The kid is an amazing player, and I hope to see him soon.

"They see me playing middle, but also rushing the outside. It doesn't really matter to me. I can play all over. . . . ."

There is nothing certain about his comments. More like either or. Injecting emphasis when there is none is not a good look.

"They see me playing middle, but also rushing the outside. It doesn't really matter to me. I can play all over. . . . ."

There is nothing certain about his comments. More like either or. Injecting emphasis when there is none is not a good look.
You can come back and tell me "I told you so" later if he doesn't. But he's going to play ILB. It's happening. And he can still line up on the outside as a ILB in certain situations. And them physically telling him they see him starting out at least at that position is a pretty good sign that he's going to be at the position.

It seems to me that there is a great deal of anticipation for 23 and beyond. It may be too early to mention this but I’m thinking we will all be looking back at 22 as an impetus for another great run by CNS. Believing that CNS has, saying it the nice way, adjusted current to “NIL recruiting” standards and this class may propel UA to the “ best is yet to come”. We have never gone more than 3 years since 2007 without a NC. The way we finished with this class is not consistent that Saban is finished. I’m thinking he’s pissed right now which is usually not good for the rest of college football. He will step it up even more because of FREEZE on the other side of the state. Hiring the right DC and OC has never been more important though.

Just what do you expect TO break...?????

Right now ...just one opening on staff....

You expecting more....i think there is a lot of expectations and hoping...
But i really don't expect major changes...
i know a bunch do.......
More will open up in next two weeks.

I"m surprised nobody noticed the recruiter ranking for this year..
Cox, Hutzler isn't in top 100. Golding is #53, and last year he was #3.... Huge fall.

I don't think those three will be back. That's my guess.

I'd like to see to see the interview where "he's talked about it." Evidently, I missed this. I looked for it, no results.

• On3: Doesn't differentiate between ILB and OLB: in his bio he's listed as an EDGE.
  • Make of this what you may. His bio from the athletic department on the official school sites points to "Explosive and instinctive outside linebacker from Alabama" in the first sentence.

As mentioned, just like they do with all the recruits, when Qua was shown how he'd fit in the Bama defense it was as an EDGE type of player with Saban specifically pointing to how quickly he could get to the QB and how quickly (see twitch) he was off the LOS.

Setting that aside ...

I get looking at a guy who's 6'2" to 6'3" and thinking he's an interior linebacker. Makes sense because he doesn't have the build (height) for a position like JACK.
Several people have said he's projected to play ILB at Bama. Me personally, He can play all over. He can be jack of all trade... moving all over on defense. He doesn't have to stay full time at OLB.. just play there once in a while... He can act as ILB/OLB depending on package they show on field. Bama has more options at OLB and ILBs now than they did last year.

Setting that aside ...

Except most of the JACK/OLB in the NFL are 6-6'4" so he's exactly the same size as them.
He's staying at Jack, and yes, Terry. I know you weren't the one questioning it. He's not an ILB and likely won't ever be one.

Back
Top Bottom