| FOOD Grillin' and Chillin'...

Ok, off tapa now. I see it.

Is this one meal or 2 separate?

One meal for 2 people.

I browned the outside of the pork loin in the pan, cooked the shallots, added red wine and blueberries to the pan. Coated the pork loin in mustard, cumin, rosemary, and garlic. Put the pork in the pan with the wine, shallots, and blueberries. Tossed the pan on the grill to cook while I worked on the lobster mac&cheese. I normally pour these type of sauces through a fine mesh strainer when I finish them to get out any seeds and the berries. I didnt really have time to f with it last night though.

I had a lot of herbs in the garden that I needed to use up so I made some green goddess salad dressing. Thats why its that funny looking green color.

Any of you ever cook directly on the coals? Going to cook a skirt steak on the coals this weekend I think, Alton Brown said it's his favorite way too grill.

Iv never tried it. Sounds interesting though.

You could probably put a small rack directly on top of the hot coals if you were worried about the ash. The lump charcoal burns so clean that ash may not be a problem.

I dont believe ive ever eaten brussel sprouts. That would probably be good. We used to make one with bacon, sweet potato, and zucchini.

Can't stand brussel sprouts. Almost shit myself when I realized how they grow.

maxresdefault.jpg

You fellas may have noticed that all of my pictures are fuzzy. The last time I replaced the glass, I forgot to take the protective film off of the inside.

The camera sticks out past the back cover on this POS phone you guys talked me into. As a result, the camera glass gets broken regularly.

Brussels sprouts can be delicious little olive oil, salt and pepper, wrap them up in foil and bake in the oven then when they're done, put them on broil and give them a nice slight char. Pairs well with salmon or lemon chicken

Only thing I have ever cooked direct on coals is Hobos. Make 1 inch meatballs, wash and halve new red potatoes, cut onions into wedges, cut carrots into 1 inch sections, place all in foil, sprinkle with some rosemary,thyme, cumin, salt and pepper, wrap foil into a closed pouch, sandwich in between a bottom and top layer of coals, let cook for 30 minutes, dig 'em out and dig in.

For today's supper, will be pintos, fried green tomatoes, turnip greens, masher taters and cornbread.

I have a masturbuilt 30 that's done me well. Recently bought an Akron and love it. Haven't touched my gasser or electric since. Smoked my first butt on the Akorn Saturday night and it turned out well. I'd share photo if I could figure out how on this pacle. To big to use the upload file button apparently.

I have a masturbuilt 30 that's done me well. Recently bought an Akron and love it. Haven't touched my gasser or electric since. Smoked my first butt on the Akorn Saturday night and it turned out well. I'd share photo if I could figure out how on this pacle. To big to use the upload file button apparently.

Get a free img program called irfanview, with it you can resize pics, which also changes the filesize. I use it to create my avatars.

Back
Top Bottom