| FOOD Grillin' and Chillin'...

I realize I'm a cheater...but I love the convenience it allows. Stoker with meat and grill probes and a blower fan.

I'm grillin' some Prime Brisket from Costco for $2.69lb.

stoker_zpsqambtok8.jpg

Anyone have a good tried and true fried green tomatoes recipe. Please share
I soak mine in buttermilk with some black pepper for about an hour. I do a half all purpose flour, half corn meal, mix in garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, basil, and some Greek seasoning, take 'em out of the buttermilk, roll 'em in the dry mix and into a black iron skillet with peanut oil on medium heat..... you can double dunk 'em back into the buttermilk and back through the dry mix for a little more crust.

Anyone have a good tried and true fried green tomatoes recipe. Please share

I normally use a half breadcrumb, half corn meal mixture for the crust.
You will need a couple of beaten eggs, flour, 1/2 breadcrumb 1/2 corn meal mixture, and green tomatoes.
1. slice tomatoes
2. salt tomatoes and wait 10-15 minutes so that the salt will pull some of the water out of the tomatoes. This helps to prevent floppy fried tomatoes.
3. dredge tomatoes in flour, then beaten egg, then the breadcrumb/corn meal mix.
4. let the breaded tomatoes sit for 10 min if you have time. I find that the breading mixture will stick to the tomatoes better if you do this step.
5. fry them up.

I normally use a half breadcrumb, half corn meal mixture for the crust.
You will need a couple of beaten eggs, flour, 1/2 breadcrumb 1/2 corn meal mixture, and green tomatoes.
1. slice tomatoes
2. salt tomatoes and wait 10-15 minutes so that the salt will pull some of the water out of the tomatoes. This helps to prevent floppy fried tomatoes.
3. dredge tomatoes in flour, then beaten egg, then the breadcrumb/corn meal mix.
4. let the breaded tomatoes sit for 10 min if you have time. I find that the breading mixture will stick to the tomatoes better if you do this step.
5. fry them up.
Never thought about bread crumbs, gonna have to give that a try, thanks

Back
Top Bottom