| FOOD Grillin' and Chillin'...

Damn, fighting words right there. Check out that filet I posted at the beginning of this thread.

Pork Tenderloin is some good food.
Filet is not a flavorful piece of meat. People like it because it's pricey and they think they should. That's JMO. There was a recent survey of top chefs around the country that asked them what the most overrated cut of meat was and something like 19 out of 25 said filet.

how about some trash can chickens

IMG_5279-X3.jpg

IMG_5278-X3.jpg

Actually I like filet because of the size, I can eat all the sides and still have room for desert.

Biggest steak I've had was a Shula's, the 48 oz down in Orlando http://www.donshula.com/48oz.php. Was a horrible steak, dry as hell. Ate all the sides, etc.

I like the ribeye, but don't care for when it's half fat and half meat. Love the flavor the fat provides, but hate that I'm paying for 1/2 a steak I can eat.

Give me brisket any day of the week at this point.

Actually I like filet because of the size, I can eat all the sides and still have room for desert.

Biggest steak I've had was a Shula's, the 48 oz down in Orlando and they have my name on their plaque. Was a horrible steak, dry as hell. Ate all the sides, etc.

I like the ribeye, but hate all the fat that is inedible.

Flat or point? Or 1st cut or 2nd cut as some Texas restaurants present it?

Biggest steak I've had was a Shula's, the 48 oz down in Orlando http://www.donshula.com/48oz.php. Was a horrible steak, dry as hell. Ate all the sides, etc.

I like the ribeye, but don't care for when it's half fat and half meat. Love the flavor the fat provides, but hate that I'm paying for 1/2 a steak I can eat.

Reminds me, had some brisket tacos in some strip mall Mexican place, in Richardson, mmmm slap yo momma.

Bone in Ribeye is the best cut if steak

Bone in ribeyes technically don't exist. They are actually Small End Rib Steaks but no one would buy them if they were labeled that. The cows ribeye muscle starts off right off the chuck then goes into what a traditional ribeye is before enlarging in the small end rib steak. It goes into the top loin or New York strip, which is the large part of a t-bone. The traditional rib eye has more of the lip or cap around it. That goes away a bit on a small end rib steak. The rib eye muscle gets larger from front to back. The cap does the opposite.

So to recap, a bone in ribeye isn't a ribeye. It has a larger ribeye muscle but less cap around it. It's a small end rib steak.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

I'm a weirdo, I love ribeye but don't really care for prime rib.

Then again, I love bacon, pork tenderloin, pork shoulder, sausage...but don't really care for ham.

I love ham when it is not processed ham. Where you can pull it apart by the strand, just like a good pot roast. Otherwise, meh. I also usually go for a filet. I agree it is not as flavorful but I am kinda a lazy eater, so if it is seasoned right, prefer it over other cuts of steak.

I don't care for chicken wings because of the work involved for the little payoff. I love crab meat but prefer someone else do all the work of getting it out of the shell, same for crawfish. Never cared much for lobster except in a good bisque or dip.

I love ham when it is not processed ham. Where you can pull it apart by the strand, just like a good pot roast. Otherwise, meh. I also usually go for a filet. I agree it is not as flavorful but I am kinda a lazy eater, so if it is seasoned right, prefer it over other cuts of steak.

I don't care for chicken wings because of the work involved for the little payoff. I love crab meat but prefer someone else do all the work of getting it out of the shell, same for crawfish. Never cared much for lobster except in a good bisque or dip.
I consider myself a pretty lazy man, but I really enjoy eating where I have to do the work like peeling shrimp, busting crab, etc. I much prefer eating peanuts in the shell as well.

I consider myself a pretty lazy man, but I really enjoy eating where I have to do the work like peeling shrimp, busting crab, etc. I much prefer eating peanuts in the shell as well.

I dunno, shrimp hasn't ever really bothered me. The shell is thin and so much meat compared to it. Crab and crawfish, so little payoff for the work. Also, good roasted in the shell or boiled peanuts are just a simple pleasure in life. Pistachios, walnuts, pecans, much rather someone else did the work.

I always hated steak night and pot roast night as a kid. My mom was really bad about overcooking and not seasoning and each little piece had to be chewed 50x before it could be swallowed.

That was a shit ton of work with very little payoff. That was even while soaking it in ketchup.

I always hated steak night and pot roast night as a kid. My mom was really bad about overcooking and not seasoning and each little piece had to be chewed 50x before it could be swallowed.

That was a shit ton of work with very little payoff. That was even while soaking it in ketchup.

Same on steak(mom and dad both liked it well done) but always had great pot roast. Once I got older and ordered my own steak, whole different ballgame.

Back
Top Bottom