| FTBL Georgia Defense vs Bama Defense

Yep I remember. I knew they would choke. I was hoping we would respond the right way but that did not happen.

In the mean time the Viles are in a corner sucking their thumb. At least all was not lost yesterday.

BY with none as a starter.
Mind numbingly amazing....

I remember the 70's and the Stallings years teams like the Viles who had Heath Shula that put up these big offensive stats and I used to say give them the stats Bama will take the champiohsips. I still think that way. It is hard to believe that a QB as good as BY will not win a NC. I think just fundamental talent BY is the best we have had. He has carried the team for two years but just could not overcome the injuries at WR last year and the major deficiences in the team this year.

I remember the 70's and the Stallings years teams like the Viles who had Heath Shula that put up these big offensive stats and I used to say give them the stats Bama will take the champiohsips. I still think that way. It is hard to believe that a QB as good as BY will not win a NC. I think just fundamental talent BY is the best we have had. He has carried the team for two years but just could not overcome the injuries at WR last year and the major deficiences in the team this year.
IMO...to be fair to BY, he doesn't have much to throw too outside of Gibbs.

I also think BY is still suffering from the injury. He did not look like he could throw with the usual velocity on Saturday night.
More and more I think BOB’s offensive philosophy is to just ride the QB’s talent - I don’t really see in “designed” creativity

I also think BY is still suffering from the injury. He did not look like he could throw with the usual velocity on Saturday night.
More and more I think BOB’s offensive philosophy is to just ride the QB’s talent - I don’t really see in “designed” creativity

I have never seen him one hop so many passes before. It's weird, because he looked good in the Mississippi State game, but appeared hampered in the LSU game. Who knows what the hell is going on within the program anymore.

I have never seen him one hop so many passes before. It's weird, because he looked good in the Mississippi State game, but appeared hampered in the LSU game. Who knows what the hell is going on within the program anymore.
If you go back to miss st game & look, very few long throws & the 1 that was completed was severely under thrown. The one hops raised my eyebrows also on Saturday night - at first thought, I thought “just getting rid of the ball” but as it progressed it just looked off.

I was just making this point to my family.
UT, while they only have 30-40 teeth between them, makes for a tough environment.
LSU - same (more teeth same number of brain cells)
The Swamp - Jorts & mullets, but a tough place.
The Barn - if they sense weakness, they will attack like a bunch of dogs on an injured dog.
Bryant Denny is full of $$ people & “cool” folks wanting to sing songs. It beneath them to raise hell for more than a few minutes.
50+ - would you agree?

Boy oh boy have you two hit the nail on the head. No one could tell me this isn't true after my last eight years of going to games. In that small time frame, there is a noticeable difference in the fans, atmosphere, and game day environment at Alabama. It's all about the lavish bought tailgates, expensive boxes, advertisement costs, how you dress, being seen, and how drunk you can get.

There is such an arrogance out of the fans "knowing" they are going to win they don't scream and yell, they don't stay the whole game, and don't arrive on time. Tuscaloosa is a pretty crappy game day experience these days compared to others. Excitement is in the air, but it's not the students, or the older fans, it's more of the first timers or people that get into town a couple times of year like myself. Campus is roped off like crazy, Yniversity being understood though. Everything is corporate from The Quad tailgating all the way through Downtown with bars and restaurants eating up most of the real estate at which to tailgate on without having to ride a bus to the stadium. There have been a few that have said the stadium was loud, Mississippi State game in particular, but I gave my tickets to my boss who graduated from Alabama in the late 90,s. He's been to all the big games throughout the years, but said the crowd was upsettingly quiet compared to so many other game days in years before.

Sorry for the rant, but I have felt like this before and didn't think anyone else had noticed or would be negative towards my thoughts on the matter. Girls fight to see who can show off the most skin and how sloppy they can get drinking. The guys roll with it, drink, and are already talking about the late nights around town. You never hear talk about the game, the opponent, or the team. Money has killed the vibe in Tuscaloosa. I've spoken many times about people being priced out of Gameday and the city as a whole, so just glad others have noticed as well that the fire just ain't there like in the past. A total reset is neccesssry.

Georgia and Alabama are not playing the same defense anymore. This is about coaching, not players.

How UGA approaches coverage and how they teach their zone coverage both with LBs and DBs sets them apart in defending the pass. They contest balls and don't give a bunch of open passing windows. Golding's D allows easy throws time after time and still gets beat due to complexity of the D and inability to communicate that.

LB coaching is also better at UGA - those guys play aggressively because they aren't thinking so much.

The blitz scheme at UGA is light years better, allowing their front to look great.

Boy oh boy have you two hit the nail on the head. No one could tell me this isn't true after my last eight years of going to games. In that small time frame, there is a noticeable difference in the fans, atmosphere, and game day environment at Alabama. It's all about the lavish bought tailgates, expensive boxes, advertisement costs, how you dress, being seen, and how drunk you can get.

There is such an arrogance out of the fans "knowing" they are going to win they don't scream and yell, they don't stay the whole game, and don't arrive on time. Tuscaloosa is a pretty crappy game day experience these days compared to others. Excitement is in the air, but it's not the students, or the older fans, it's more of the first timers or people that get into town a couple times of year like myself. Campus is roped off like crazy, Yniversity being understood though. Everything is corporate from The Quad tailgating all the way through Downtown with bars and restaurants eating up most of the real estate at which to tailgate on without having to ride a bus to the stadium. There have been a few that have said the stadium was loud, Mississippi State game in particular, but I gave my tickets to my boss who graduated from Alabama in the late 90,s. He's been to all the big games throughout the years, but said the crowd was upsettingly quiet compared to so many other game days in years before.

Sorry for the rant, but I have felt like this before and didn't think anyone else had noticed or would be negative towards my thoughts on the matter. Girls fight to see who can show off the most skin and how sloppy they can get drinking. The guys roll with it, drink, and are already talking about the late nights around town. You never hear talk about the game, the opponent, or the team. Money has killed the vibe in Tuscaloosa. I've spoken many times about people being priced out of Gameday and the city as a whole, so just glad others have noticed as well that the fire just ain't there like in the past. A total reset is neccesssry.
I really agree with you. One of the things that always pisses me off is when the media and some of the regulars make fun of the A-Day crowd (or the Fan Day crowd).
I realize that a lot of these folks can’t afford to go to a regular game and these are their only chances.
In my opinion, they are more passionate & loyal than many of the blue blood, arrogant fan base that you just described.

Georgia's Tight ends are a DBs/LBs nightmare...most LBs are too slow to cover and the DBs are too small.
I could be mistaken, but when I look back at Georgia's best games against us, their TEs were a key factor, particularly when only one TE was in the game. Their 2-TE set vs our "regular" front hasn't worked as well because that allows us to bring in heavier personnel. But, what I remember is their 1 TE, 3 WR, and 1 RB personnel has been lethal against our D. Their TE is more physical and/or faster than whoever is on them.

Back
Top Bottom