| FTBL Georgia Defense vs Bama Defense

Crtuneman

I’m watching the Georgia - UT game and I’m wondering to myself how the Ga defense is so much better than the Bama D. We have just as much talent as they do, plus a lot more experience. We have the best pass rushing LB in football in Will Anderson. We also have 5 star elite rushers in Turner and Braswell. We have 5 star CB talent in Kool Aid and Eli Ricks. We have 4 star talent with lots of experience at safety. We have supposedly one of the best ILB with Henry ToTo. Yet our defense is terrible while Ga defense is elite. The only difference is coaching. I know Saban is the smartest man in college football, so I know he sees this too. The Golding era has to come to an end. We will not have a good defense again until it does.
And I hear a lot of people say it’s just execution. If that is so then that means Bama is seriously bad at evaluating talent. If we sign an elite class but they can’t execute, then the recruiting analysts did something terribly wrong. Bottom line is we have too much talent to be this bad.

Example...play before Vol'n'tears fg....UGA rushed 7 players, Hooker threw an incomplete pass...Against us...we rush 2 or 3 give him 10 minutes to throw and he torches us or we get a PI call against us.

I’m watching the Georgia - UT game and I’m wondering to myself how the Ga defense is so much better than the Bama D. We have just as much talent as they do, plus a lot more experience. We have the best pass rushing LB in football in Will Anderson. We also have 5 star elite rushers in Turner and Braswell. We have 5 star CB talent in Kool Aid and Eli Ricks. We have 4 star talent with lots of experience at safety. We have supposedly one of the best ILB with Henry ToTo. Yet our defense is terrible while Ga defense is elite. The only difference is coaching. I know Saban is the smartest man in college football, so I know he sees this too. The Golding era has to come to an end. We will not have a good defense again until it does.
And I hear a lot of people say it’s just execution. If that is so then that means Bama is seriously bad at evaluating talent. If we sign an elite class but they can’t execute, then the recruiting analysts did something terribly wrong. Bottom line is we have too much talent to be this bad.
IMO. A lot has to do with Golding. However, what we see now is a lack of enthusiasm and determination. The players have to be held accountable for some of this. Tonight would be a good time for this team to live up to the standards of Bama football. We shall see.

Maybe Bama should stop trying to break its 100 year-old... Most Penalties In A Game record. Oops too late. Would have beaten Vols with relative ease has we not shot ourselves in the balls, back and foot. Commit stupid penalties... win stupid prizes.... lose vital games... play in the Capital One Bowl. ;)

Maybe Bama should stop trying to break its 100 year-old... Most Penalties In A Game record. Oops too late. Would have beaten Vols with relative ease has we not shot ourselves in the balls, back and foot. Commit stupid penalties... win stupid prizes.... lose vital games... play in the Capital One Bowl. ;)
Bama played one of the worst games I've ever seen them perform since I've been a fan (50th year) and they still were in it at the very end. UTn was given a gift that day. I am so wanting them to beat UGa and Bama wins out to play them in the SECCG. I totally believe a focused Bama team would spank'em. I spoke with an Ohio State fan last week and he asked me what team I am afraid of, I told him not a one...except the team Bama presented in Knoxville. They scare the daylights out of me.

ROLL TIDE!

Example...play before Vol'n'tears fg....UGA rushed 7 players, Hooker threw an incomplete pass...Against us...we rush 2 or 3 give him 10 minutes to throw and he torches us or we get a PI call against us.
Yeah, I've noticed that, too. UGA is pressuring the $hit out of Hooker and they got him totally off balance. Meanwhile, we rush 3 or 4 and give him all day to look like the prohibitive Heisman favorite.

Another thing I notice is how easy it is too play defense if the refs aren’t calling a penalty against you every 5 seconds. LOL I know Bama earned some of those penalties but they certainly did not earn all of them. And U Cheat earned a bunch of penalties that weren’t called.

They're better coached and have a much more aggressive scheme. Meanwhile, Golding's 'aggressiveness' comes from a safety blitz 20 yards from the LOS and recognizable stunts he's been running since 2019. I haven't seen Georgia run 3 down linemen all game against Tennessee. Saban and Golding ran it continuously vs Tennessee and got eaten up.

Saban’s by far the best head coach in college football history but I’m not convinced he’s the smartest man in college football … and he’s not the best defensive minded head coach anymore. That honor goes to Kirby. I’ve been saying that for years and it’s certainly been plain to see the past two years for sure. In a few minutes … either I’ll be eating crow about UGA’s defense or a couple of other guys on here will. In any event, Kirby going conservative was stupid and could have cost them the game.

And I've also heard that you don't see it anymore in the fans who attend games. I've heard Bryant Denny has become quieter over the years. Entropy brings spoilage and rot to all things.
I was just making this point to my family.
UT, while they only have 30-40 teeth between them, makes for a tough environment.
LSU - same (more teeth same number of brain cells)
The Swamp - Jorts & mullets, but a tough place.
The Barn - if they sense weakness, they will attack like a bunch of dogs on an injured dog.
Bryant Denny is full of $$ people & “cool” folks wanting to sing songs. It beneath them to raise hell for more than a few minutes.
50+ - would you agree?

you’re right about Will Anderson and ToTo being the best at their positions and the rest. But to me its overall LB play. I haven’t seen outside LBs breaking up passes all season. With the pass rush clogging the middle its either a pass in 5 to 10 yard space or QB sidestepping to the outside in that same space. i see the issue being defensive play calling.

Back
Top Bottom