| FTBL Game and Board Observations

Nate said:
bayoulsucajun said:
Bryant34 said:
bayoulsucajun said:
- LSU is the best fan base in the country

How long have you been following LSU football? I've been attending 'Bama's road games in Red Stick since 1987 (Bobby Humphrey ran all over you), and I can absolutely tell you that your fan base is on par with the SEC's average.

It is pretty convenient to talk about how many LSU fans are coming to THIS game, and then use that to make your argument that LSU has the best fan base in the country. I remember (a good number of) times when LSU had losing records, and brought as many people as Ole Miss.

Another factor to the "large" LSU contengent in T-town is that Alabama is YOUR biggest rival, while LSU is our THIRD biggest rival.

Stick around for a couple more years, and you'll realize who the big dogs are...

I would rate our rivals as
Ole Miss
Auburn
Florida/Alabama

Ole Miss..... lol..... your "biggest" rival is our homecoming game sometimes :):)

and ours too sometimes. Traditionally ole miss and tulane were our biggest rivals. They have both been terrible lately.

The Auburn games the past 10 or so years have been epic. That is probably the game we are most geared up for because it decides the sec west every year.

The florida games have been back and forth since about 2001. They are our constant sec east opponent.

I know bama has auburn and Tennessee and we are probably third, but i was responding to someone saying bama is our biggest rival

bayoulsucajun said:
Nate said:
bayoulsucajun said:
Bryant34 said:
bayoulsucajun said:

How long have you been following LSU football? I've been attending 'Bama's road games in Red Stick since 1987 (Bobby Humphrey ran all over you), and I can absolutely tell you that your fan base is on par with the SEC's average.

It is pretty convenient to talk about how many LSU fans are coming to THIS game, and then use that to make your argument that LSU has the best fan base in the country. I remember (a good number of) times when LSU had losing records, and brought as many people as Ole Miss.

Another factor to the "large" LSU contengent in T-town is that Alabama is YOUR biggest rival, while LSU is our THIRD biggest rival.

Stick around for a couple more years, and you'll realize who the big dogs are...

Ole Miss
Auburn
Florida/Alabama

Ole Miss..... lol..... your "biggest" rival is our homecoming game sometimes :):)

and ours too sometimes. Traditionally ole miss and tulane were our biggest rivals. They have both been terrible lately.

The Auburn games the past 10 or so years have been epic. That is probably the game we are most geared up for because it decides the sec west every year.

The florida games have been back and forth since about 2001. They are our constant sec east opponent.

I know bama has auburn and Tennessee and we are probably third, but i was responding to someone saying bama is our biggest rival
thats the way most LSU fans act... as if bama is their biggest rival... lemme ask you, how many posts do you have on the ole miss board??? or the florida board?

bayoulsucajun said:
Urban Meyer and Pete Carroll might argue with saban being the best recruiter in the business

I doubt it. Good recognizes good. Meyer and Carroll would probably give Saban his props, unlike a LoSerU fan with a scorned lover complex.

Saban had the #1 class in the nation for 2003 & 2004. At LSU, that is impressive at a school that had a tradition of mediocrity before he arrived. A trained chimp with a lisp could recruit well at USC or Florida.

Bama has traditionally recruited very well, dominating in-state and cherry picking nationally...probation and Shula being a poor recruiter hurt us.

bayoulsucajun said:

Six appearances (3 by LSU, 3 by Auburn) out of 15 ain't bad.

You've been there just as many times as Arkansas! Way to go!

Your biggest rival (per you), Ole Miss, has never been to the SECCG. bummer.

You must be proud of that Tiger Tradition... a tradition of, well, mediocrity.

Nate said:
bayoulsucajun said:
Nate said:
bayoulsucajun said:
Bryant34 said:
bayoulsucajun said:

Ole Miss
Auburn
Florida/Alabama

thats the way most LSU fans act... as if bama is their biggest rival... lemme ask you, how many posts do you have on the ole miss board??? or the florida board?

LSU fans do not act like bama is our biggest rival. We get excited about every game because we have realistic national championship aspirations.

Bryant34 said:
bayoulsucajun said:

:che

Bend over, bayou, here it comes again. :lol:

crimsontradition14 said:
I am to the point where you are just becoming comical because your statements are so incredibly ludacris. Why is he still here?

Because bayou is entertaining and Justin Wilson is no longer alive to make us laugh. AaaaaaaaHeeeeee!

crimsontradition14 said:
That is true, you can't get ahead of yourself. Also, BC or OSU one have to be beaten for LSU to even have a chance. I wouldn't look past Atlanta.

I wouldn't be looking past Bama, Ole Miss, or Arkansas, either. There might not even be an Atlanta for LSU.

It's been a crazy year in the SEC so far; I expect it to get crazier.

Bryant34 said:
bayoulsucajun said:

2000 - Florida 28, Auburn 6 (73,427 at Atlanta)
2001 - LSU 31, Tennessee 20 (74,843 at Atlanta)
2002 - Georgia 30, Arkansas 3 (74,835 at Atlanta)
2003 - LSU 34, Georgia 13 (74,913 at Atlanta)
2004 - Auburn 38, Tennessee 28 (74,892 at Atlanta)
2005 - Georgia 34, LSU 14 (73,717 at Atlanta)
2006 - Florida 38, Arkansas 28 (73,374 at Atlanta)

I dont see your team's name on there anywheres.

All this losing has made you guys pretty sour people to hang around

bayoulsucajun said:
Bryant34 said:
bayoulsucajun said:

1992 - Alabama 28, Florida 21 (83,091 at Birmingham)
1993 - Florida 28, Alabama 13 (76,345 at Birmingham)
1994 - Florida 24, Alabama 23 (74,751 at Atlanta)
1995 - Florida 34, Arkansas 3 (71,325 at Atlanta)
1996 - Florida 45, Alabama 30 (74,132 at Atlanta)
1997 - Tennessee 30, Auburn 29 (74,896 at Atlanta)
1998 - Tennessee 24, Miss. State 14 (74,795 at Atlanta)
1999 - Alabama 34, Florida 7 (71,500 at Atlanta)
2000 - Florida 28, Auburn 6 (73,427 at Atlanta)
2001 - LSU 31, Tennessee 20 (74,843 at Atlanta)
2002 - Georgia 30, Arkansas 3 (74,835 at Atlanta)
2003 - LSU 34, Georgia 13 (74,913 at Atlanta)
2004 - Auburn 38, Tennessee 28 (74,892 at Atlanta)
2005 - Georgia 34, LSU 14 (73,717 at Atlanta)
2006 - Florida 38, Arkansas 28 (73,374 at Atlanta)

I dont see your team's name on there anywheres.

All this losing has made you guys pretty sour people to hang around

Appended for the sake of completeness.

Big_Fan said:
bayoulsucajun said:
Urban Meyer and Pete Carroll might argue with saban being the best recruiter in the business

I doubt it. Good recognizes good. Meyer and Carroll would probably give Saban his props, unlike a LoSerU fan with a scorned lover complex.

Saban had the #1 class in the nation for 2003 & 2004. At LSU, that is impressive at a school that had a tradition of mediocrity before he arrived. A trained chimp with a lisp could recruit well at USC or Florida.
Bama has traditionally recruited very well, dominating in-state and cherry picking nationally...probation and Shula being a poor recruiter hurt us.

Big Fan, let's not get carried away here alright. :roll: I think the lisp would be a little much for the chimp to overcome.

porkchop said:
Big_Fan said:
bayoulsucajun said:

Big Fan, let's not get carried away here alright. :roll: I think the lisp would be a little much for the chimp to overcome.

You are probably right...He would end up fired, authoring a book titled "Winsh, Loshesh, and Leshonsh" and working as an analyst on ESPN.

Back
Top Bottom