| FTBL Game and Board Observations

bayoulsucajun

Verified Member
- There is a good and a bad to perrilloux not making the trip. The good is there will be more touches for scott, holiday and williams. The bad is, if flynn goes down we are taking the redshirt off of a freshman QB.

- Dorsey is trying to make his injury sound worse than it really is. He will be fine and ready to go come Saturday

- This week is taking forever. I cant wait to head up to Tuscaloosa tomorrow. I hope the tailgating is in the same realm as it is as LSU

- iiiibnjiii is the worst poster on the board. I have picked up that everyone else doesnt care for his poor attempts at humor either

- Bama fans are even bigger saban apologists than i expected.

- I think its hilarious that people try to make fun of people from LA for eating crawfish. People all over the world come to LA to try the cuisine here. If any of you havent eaten at some of the restaurants down here, it is a must

- Other fan base love to call Miles an "idiot" "retard" etc... I think part of it is because people cant understand how a guy could sound so awww shucks and still have a 29-5 record. He is a good coach and has beaten supposed great coaches

- If bama doesnt go better than 9-3 for the next 3 or 4 years will bama fans call for his head or still worship him?

- I remember watching the bama game when georgia scored to win it. Seeing the bama fans in disbelief that their savior could lose a game was astonishing

- The amount of lsu fans heading up to tuscaloosa is going to blow you guys away. LSU is the best fan base in the country

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_XXRr8dGTE

- Like someone said, bama needs to get up early if they have a shot. If lsu goes up and gets the crowd out of it, then it is going to be a long day for saban and his followers

"Saban apologists?" That's laughable. I wasn't aware I needed to apologize for a head coach that's led an often outmanned club to a #18 ranking and share of the division lead. I have many Bayou Bengal friends and I remember them talking as if he could walk on water. Say no to hypocrisy.

He brought your traditional doormat of program to heights it had never seen before and provided a national championship as the cherry on top. Instead of bashing him, you should be thanking him. You have your "coach", and we have ours. It's high time that your fanbase moved on.

With that said, I hope you have a great time in Tuscaloosa and that you are treated well. You guys always make for, well, "entertaining" visitors.

bayoulsucajun said:
-
- iiiibnjiii is the worst poster on the board. I have picked up that everyone else doesnt care for his poor attempts at humor either

You don't know our board very well.

- I think its hilarious that people try to make fun of people from LA for eating crawfish. People all over the world come to LA to try the cuisine here. If any of you havent eaten at some of the restaurants down here, it is a must

I've spent a number months in south Louisiana (St. Martinsville, Beaux Bridge, Houma, Golden Meadow) and spent two months working in the CBD and Gretna while staying in the French Quarter. The food's awesome, but I've never tasted a dish that was better with crawfish than it was with shrimp.

- Other fan base love to call Miles an "idiot" "retard" etc... I think part of it is because people cant understand how a guy could sound so awww shucks and still have a 29-5 record. He is a good coach and has beaten supposed great coaches

I guess Les Miles is like diversity awareness programs. If you question it it's just because you don't understand.

Enjoy your trip.

RTR,

Tim

There is really only two observations worth noting.

1. LSU is obsessed with Bama.

2. Nick Saban will make you his bitch. It might not be this year with the problems that we have had in the past, but its coming. You know it and thats why #1 is so true.

bayoulsucajun said:

Yep, growing up as a kid I seriously thought the reason LSU teams were so slow was because of the food. Red beans & rice is definitely good but sure can be heavy on the stomach.

I married a SW Louisiana gal so I'm very familiar with the food. Learned real quickly never to make her mad while she's cookin'. Talk about spicey! :shock:

I continually am surprised to see a few things:

1. How much time you spend here.

2. That you remembered to put my name on your post! Thank you!

3. How I can have my posts altered by the moderators of this board, deleted, etc. yet you have consistently been spewing nonsense and spam, (the enormous number of posts you have made amounts to spam,) and yet every day I have visited I see the your ubiquitous name appearing as the poster of at least one-third of the topics on page one.

Every one of them starts as if it will be a sound argument, but after two sentences you begin with your comparisons of Coach Saban's recruits versus Coach Miles' recruits--actually not a comparison, but a list that is arguably incorrect. Or you make your comparisons of our position players, ignoring everything that our players have done this season. You must be reading out of a preseason magazine when you do this, because you obviously have no idea who our players are--no credit for how Wallace Gilberry and Lorenzo Washington have stepped it up on the D-Line? What about the right side of our offensive line coming together and looking solid? Matt Caddell making improvements along with Mike McCoy together are further cementing our receiving corps. Terry Grant hasn't been one of the top rushers in the SEC either, so don't give him any proper respect. These are the reasons why your posts are all garbage. All the while you sprinkle in opinion about how, "LSU's fans are better than Bama's" or, "Death Valley is better than Tuscaloosa." Not to mention you're constantly making comments that imply that your opinion is more legitimate than anyone else's.

Actually I am not surprised that the mod's have allowed it to slowly fill up the content of their website, because you are probably paying for half the revenue stream from Google advertisements on the website all by yourself.

This is all fine, but calling me "acne boy" and referring to me as a dork is the most ironic thing I've come across in a good while. Assuming acne boy is referring to immaturity and a lack of social grace and not my picture... If you thought it was my picture, it must be because you have yet to grow facial hair and don't know what it looks like, I don't know.

4. Your reputation looks to be worse than mine, again, I am surprised. With everyone on this board that can't stand my "attempts at humor," you'd think people would be more vocal about it. Furthermore, you know my reputation so well, you should get together with everyone on rolltidebama who loves you so much and admonish my, "attempts at humor," together, because you saying it alone isn't enough. By the way, I haven't attempted any humor yet, I am totally serious when I say that you must not have a job, and everything else I've had to say about you; your posts are garbage.

You haven't been around here long enough to know that most of my posts are substantive, with the exception of responses to your topics, and the reason is because I feel this inner desire to remind you, at least once a day, that you make no valid conclusions with your arguments.

5. What Bama fan on this board is a Saban apologist, by the way, and how is that possible?

bayoulsucajun said:
- There is a good and a bad to perrilloux not making the trip. The good is there will be more touches for scott, holiday and williams. The bad is, if flynn goes down we are taking the redshirt off of a freshman QB.

I don't think Perriloux would have factored into the game all that much honestly. Not unless there was a misdemeanor or felony occuring somewhere in the stadium that is. Then I'm sure he would have been a major player.

- Dorsey is trying to make his injury sound worse than it really is. He will be fine and ready to go come Saturday

If Dorsey missed the game I'd be shocked.

- This week is taking forever. I cant wait to head up to Tuscaloosa tomorrow. I hope the tailgating is in the same realm as it is as LSU

I hate bye weeks.

No offense but Les just comes off as a complete moron on camera. I think that is why people have the perception of him that they do. That interview after the Au game was priceless Les. I'm not even sure he knew LSU had a football game that night, but we'll just take your word for it on his coaching abilities.

- If bama doesnt go better than 9-3 for the next 3 or 4 years will bama fans call for his head or still worship him?

Worship him? That's a bit strong. I think BAMA fans are just happy to have a good coach and someone that provides them with hope and direction. He preaches discipline and that is something that has been lacking here recently. If you had to endure the things we have had to in the last few years you'd understand. Now, I've got to go change the candles on my Saban shrine. BRB.

- I remember watching the bama game when georgia scored to win it. Seeing the bama fans in disbelief that their savior could lose a game was astonishing

It was more the shock of losing on one play in OT. It happened so quick that people were stunned. And FWIW Saban wasn't the defensive back on that play. They subbed for him, so he didn't really lose the game for us.

- The amount of lsu fans heading up to tuscaloosa is going to blow you guys away. LSU is the best fan base in the country

That'll be your little secret I guess. You guys have fun outside the stadium while all the BAMA fans are inside watching. Good luck on Saturday.

- Like someone said, bama needs to get up early if they have a shot. If lsu goes up and gets the crowd out of it, then it is going to be a long day for saban and his followers

porkchop said:
bayoulsucajun said:

I don't think Perriloux would have factored into the game all that much honestly. Not unless there was a misdemeanor or felony occuring somewhere in the stadium that is. Then I'm sure he would have been a major player.

If Dorsey missed the game I'd be shocked.

I hate bye weeks.

No offense but Les just comes off as a complete moron on camera. I think that is why people have the perception of him that they do. That interview after the Au game was priceless Les. I'm not even sure he knew LSU had a football game that night, but we'll just take your word for it on his coaching abilities.

Worship him? That's a bit strong. I think BAMA fans are just happy to have a good coach and someone that provides them with hope and direction. He preaches discipline and that is something that has been lacking here recently. If you had to endure the things we have had to in the last few years you'd understand. Now, I've got to go change the candles on my Saban shrine. BRB.

It was more the shock of losing on one play in OT. It happened so quick that people were stunned. And FWIW Saban wasn't the defensive back on that play. They subbed for him, so he didn't really lose the game for us.

That'll be your little secret I guess. You guys have fun outside the stadium while all the BAMA fans are inside watching. Good luck on Saturday.

thanks for the response. I know a lot of people that dont have tickets, but i was lucky enough to get them

best fan base??? based on what??? that your fans are known for being rude, and nasty, and drunks that throw rocks at opposing teams buses and flick them off ( yes I know thats by far not even close to a majority of how lsu fans are) or is it the fact that they travel soooo well, I'd love to see the LSU turn out at an LSU vs Hawaii in Hawaii. or possibly its the absolute hatred towards the best coach LSU has ever had... and the ensuing FREUDIAN COMPLEX you have towards the program that hired this coach you supposedly hate so much..

bayoulsucajun said:
- LSU is the best fan base in the country

How long have you been following LSU football? I've been attending 'Bama's road games in Red Stick since 1987 (Bobby Humphrey ran all over you), and I can absolutely tell you that your fan base is on par with the SEC's average.

It is pretty convenient to talk about how many LSU fans are coming to THIS game, and then use that to make your argument that LSU has the best fan base in the country. I remember (a good number of) times when LSU had losing records, and brought as many people as Ole Miss.

Another factor to the "large" LSU contengent in T-town is that Alabama is YOUR biggest rival, while LSU is our THIRD biggest rival.

Stick around for a couple more years, and you'll realize who the big dogs are...

porkchop said:

You know, what LSU fans either don't get - or possible DO get (and that is what scares them) is this...

Since Bryant retired, we have done (for the most part) a terrible job of hiring coaches.

Ray Perkins was a decent coach but not a great coach. He had to overcome a talent depleted team (due to negative recruiting during Bryant's last couple of years) and still had a 9 win season in his 3rd year, 10 win season in his 4th year, and had us ranked in the top 5.

Bill Curry was a terrible coach (Tim Couch in the Wishbone = bad coach, I don't care who you are), but still had a 9 win season in 1988, and a 10 win season in 1989.

It is well documented what Stallings did. Had Spurrier not come along, we would have COMPLETELY owned the SEC in the early to mid 90's. As it was, we owned the west, won a NC, and 70 games in 7 years.

Dubose...what can be said about a man who blamed God for losing? I mean, he made the S&C program optional and had a star system where certain players did not get punished for missing practice, etc. His coaches were fighting - the RB coach and the OC would not talk to each other...the "Two OC" system with two diametrically opposed systems was a nightmare...yet he still won 10 games AND an SEC title in 1999.

Dennis Franphony...Look at his success at TAMU. He took over a program at TAMU that had slipped a little, but was in good shape with no scholarship reductions or probation and has run it into the ground. He won 10 games at Bama (and would have won the west if we had been eligible) and got while the gittin' was good.

Shula...Nice guy. Mark Richt without the coaching ability. When Cecil asked him last year about the talk that his offense was fundamentally flawed, he responded by saying "Fundamentally flawed?" much in the same "deer in the headlights" manner with which he coached. He won 10 games in 2005 and was one win away from winning the west.

So the moral of the story is...if Saban is a GOOD coach (and even the most ardent anti-Saban would say that he is), he will win big (conference titles and maybe a NC or two) at Bama. If he is a very good coach (which I think he is - at least), he will win SEC and National titles (more than one). If he is a truly great coach (jury is still out), he will create a dynasty.

So to LSU fans, throw your punches while you can. Kick us while you can. Enjoy what will likely be a LSU victory over an Alabama team that has little talent and no depth on defense...but you know what is coming. Our talent and depth will not be down for long - Saban is not held as the best recruiter in the business for nothing. Our DC Kevin Steele was named the #1 recruiting assistant in the nation by a major publication while he was at FSU. Players love Applewhite...he is young enough to relate to them and old enough to be brilliant at the game. The rest of the staff are good recruiters as well.

To LSU fans...When Saban gets HIS talent in...you know what will happen.

...You dread what will happen.

To iijiiiamanidiotiiifjds:

Your obsession with me has gotten a little scary. You want to know what i look like, how much facial hair i have, how big i am....You were trying to bait me into asking where else i can see your picture on the web when really i dont want to know
I know it made your day to see me mention your name. Now i am a little creeped out by you.

I would talk actual football but it would be a little over some of the posters including yourself's heads.

Any bama fan that stated that no matter the outcome of the game, there is no way saban can be outcoached, and even if it is blatantly obvious that saban makes poor decisions and miles makes good ones they will still not admit that saban was outcoached is a saban apologist.

Bryant34 said:
bayoulsucajun said:

How long have you been following LSU football? I've been attending 'Bama's road games in Red Stick since 1987 (Bobby Humphrey ran all over you), and I can absolutely tell you that your fan base is on par with the SEC's average.

It is pretty convenient to talk about how many LSU fans are coming to THIS game, and then use that to make your argument that LSU has the best fan base in the country. I remember (a good number of) times when LSU had losing records, and brought as many people as Ole Miss.

Another factor to the "large" LSU contengent in T-town is that Alabama is YOUR biggest rival, while LSU is our THIRD biggest rival.

Stick around for a couple more years, and you'll realize who the big dogs are...

I would rate our rivals as
Ole Miss
Auburn
Florida/Alabama

bayoulsucajun said:
I would talk actual football but it would be a little over some of the posters including yourself's heads.
Ohhhhhh..... so all the talk you have made so far was just a ruse to make us think your a total moron.. when in reality you are a football genious. my bad

bayoulsucajun said:
Bryant34 said:
bayoulsucajun said:

I would rate our rivals as
Ole Miss
Auburn
Florida/Alabama

Ole Miss..... lol..... your "biggest" rival is our homecoming game sometimes :):)

Big_Fan said:
porkchop said:

You know, what LSU fans either don't get - or possible DO get (and that is what scares them) is this...

Since Bryant retired, we have done (for the most part) a terrible job of hiring coaches.

Ray Perkins was a decent coach but not a great coach. He had to overcome a talent depleted team (due to negative recruiting during Bryant's last couple of years) and still had a 9 win season in his 3rd year, 10 win season in his 4th year, and had us ranked in the top 5.

Bill Curry was a terrible coach (Tim Couch in the Wishbone = bad coach, I don't care who you are), but still had a 9 win season in 1988, and a 10 win season in 1989.

It is well documented what Stallings did. Had Spurrier not come along, we would have COMPLETELY owned the SEC in the early to mid 90's. As it was, we owned the west, won a NC, and 70 games in 7 years.

Dubose...what can be said about a man who blamed God for losing? I mean, he made the S&C program optional and had a star system where certain players did not get punished for missing practice, etc. His coaches were fighting - the RB coach and the OC would not talk to each other...the "Two OC" system with two diametrically opposed systems was a nightmare...yet he still won 10 games AND an SEC title in 1999.

Dennis Franphony...Look at his success at TAMU. He took over a program at TAMU that had slipped a little, but was in good shape with no scholarship reductions or probation and has run it into the ground. He won 10 games at Bama (and would have won the west if we had been eligible) and got while the gittin' was good.

Shula...Nice guy. Mark Richt without the coaching ability. When Cecil asked him last year about the talk that his offense was fundamentally flawed, he responded by saying "Fundamentally flawed?" much in the same "deer in the headlights" manner with which he coached. He won 10 games in 2005 and was one win away from winning the west.

So the moral of the story is...if Saban is a GOOD coach (and even the most ardent anti-Saban would say that he is), he will win big (conference titles and maybe a NC or two) at Bama. If he is a very good coach (which I think he is - at least), he will win SEC and National titles (more than one). If he is a truly great coach (jury is still out), he will create a dynasty.

So to LSU fans, throw your punches while you can. Kick us while you can. Enjoy what will likely be a LSU victory over an Alabama team that has little talent and no depth on defense...but you know what is coming. Our talent and depth will not be down for long - Saban is not held as the best recruiter in the business for nothing. Our DC Kevin Steele was named the #1 recruiting assistant in the nation by a major publication while he was at FSU. Players love Applewhite...he is young enough to relate to them and old enough to be brilliant at the game. The rest of the staff are good recruiters as well.

To LSU fans...When Saban gets HIS talent in...you know what will happen.

...You dread what will happen.

Urban Meyer and Pete Carroll might argue with saban being the best recruiter in the business

Back
Top Bottom