Favorite Place To Get A Hotdog?

Always wanted to try Chris', but not enough to go into Montgomery.

Pete's Famous in downtown B'ham would pretty much end this discussion if not for the fact that Gus died, so they are no longer an option. Now? Dew Drop Inn in Mobile is probably my favorite.

Always wanted to try Chris', but not enough to go into Montgomery.

Pete's Famous in downtown B'ham would pretty much end this discussion if not for the fact that Gus died, so they are no longer an option. Now? Dew Drop Inn in Mobile is probably my favorite.

Have had Pete's but it has been many years, when did he die?

There used to be a great little BBQ joint in Rome, GA with some of the best dogs. Bubba's BBQ in the downtown area, he died and I think it shut down. I think someone else tried to reopen it but was not the same.

bg08-petesfamous1jpg-71ed2c5f471e86dc.jpg

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/04/beloved_birmingham_hot_dog_man.html

Took the recipe with him to the grave.

Close 2nd in B'ham area:

Gus's Hotdogs on Brooklane Rd. - Ms. Carol makes a mean dog, 2nd only to Gus.

Jenkins Deli, Cleveland, TN. Their hot dog has so much chili, slaw and relish and who knows what else on it that you can barely see the bun. You just have to dive in with a fork.

We import Sneaky Pete's from Alabama and I've sold my neighbors on it. A grilled Nathan's with a starting base of Sneaky Pete's is great for me.

RTR,

Tim

Deep fried hotdog from the bowling alley.

Best I've ever had. Mmmm, that crisp skin that snaps, like a slim jim.

I could eat 4 right now.

Jenkins Deli, Cleveland, TN. Their hot dog has so much chili, slaw and relish and who knows what else on it that you can barely see the bun. You just have to dive in with a fork.

We import Sneaky Pete's from Alabama and I've sold my neighbors on it. A grilled Nathan's with a starting base of Sneaky Pete's is great for me.

RTR,

Tim
Yeah, for a chain type place, Sneaky Petes is decent.

Agree with others though, get some Nathan's or Hebrew National dogs and throw them on the grill, make your own sauerkraut and relish, go to town. On occasion, like to do some Zeigler dogs, although theirs really just tastes like hot dog shaped bologna.

Back
Top Bottom