Favorite Place To Get A Hotdog?

There was a convenient store in Hapeville, Ga near the airport called "Skinny's". Owned and operated by an old Chinese couple who also cooked a small hotline lunch everyday of actual Chinese Food. Sesame Chicken Wednesdays were the only day I didn't eat hotdogs when I frequented that establishment.

Best. Hotdogs. Ever.

I would punch a baby for two of those hotdogs right now. In the face.

@Hannibal Lecter MD , man I forgot all about Trowbridges. I have never had a dog from there but they have outstanding chicken salad sandwiches and ice cream. When I was a kid, my granny and papa would stop in when we "went uptown" on Saturday. Located right next to the ole Kent's Dollar Store, now Rosie's. You brought back a flood of memories.

You guys have me wanting a hot dog

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I don't know that I've ever "wanted" a hot dog. Hot dogs are just something to eat, but never anything I crave. They are quick to fix, cheap, and most everyone I know will eat them. I rarely even by hot dogs because if I do they just sit in the fridge forever and I eat them when I'm too lazy to go to the store and restock the goods.

@Hannibal Lecter MD , man I forgot all about Trowbridges. I have never had a dog from there but they have outstanding chicken salad sandwiches and ice cream. When I was a kid, my granny and papa would stop in when we "went uptown" on Saturday. Located right next to the ole Kent's Dollar Store, now Rosie's. You brought back a flood of memories.
I heard the Smokehouse finally closed I think. That was kinda the place me and Dad could go to and him tell me stories of sitting at the same spot when he was my age.

@Hannibal Lecter MD Wayme is correct it is a mustard based slaw, you can go mild or hot. Bunyan's is on west Alabama St. Come up court from the river, turn left on Dr. Hicks and turn left on Alabama. Bunyan's is on the left, little joint but great BBQ!

@alabama mike, you've given directions to Bunyan's BBQ in Florence. The place I'm talking about is Brook's BBQ in Muscle Shoals. Try it, you'll like it.

@Bamabww will do the next time I am home, probably between Christmas and New Year's. Sure would like to have some Newbern's catfish, wouldn't you? BTW, our youngest son is in Muscle Shoals tonight on a recruiting visit. He stayed with mom and dad last night and will again tonight b4 heading back to Nashville in the morning.

@Hannibal Lecter MD Wayme is correct it is a mustard based slaw, you can go mild or hot. Bunyan's is on west Alabama St. Come up court from the river, turn left on Dr. Hicks and turn left on Alabama. Bunyan's is on the left, little joint but great BBQ!

I grew up eating Bunyan's, but I haven't had it in a long time. The service isn't exactly friendly when you go in most times.

Back
Top Bottom