| FOOD Favorite Place To Go For Breakfast

@PurlJam blame the black runtz.

Now that I've been thinking about this Heflin gave her some type of reward ... it was Hurricane Fredrick, late '70's.

I'll commend their effort on shrimp and grits...but the grits are better here.
Black Runtz in the preferred bacon cooked thread would be "All of the above". ;)
If I ever make it to South Carolina, the shrimp and grits will definitely be the choice on my part.

Back in the day there was a place called Uncle Mort's. It was about halfway between Jasper and Dora Alabama on U.S. Highway 78... It was the best. Today mine is probably Staggs Grocery in Florence. When I go in to grab a biscuit from time to time, I come out smelling like breakfast the rest of the day. 🤤

AF1QipNc0IwUND23GcsIxsLBh2utK9ZQ_fnJaAT6LdVh=s680-w680-h510
AF1QipNLFntKpu9RAwXACpMwNevFx0LdExHYK1TE-g17=s680-w680-h510
Knew the owner Billy Staggs, a fine gentleman who has now passed. His son Lynn took it over and I believe my dad said he sold it in the last year or two.

They passed it on (sold) to their longtime employee (Donna Hill). She runs the cash register. :)
I couldn’t remember the name of the person Lynn sold it to. The new road goes through my grandparents house at the intersection of Huntsville Rd and Helton, going toward Florence Blvd. I grew up on Cherry Hill just past that to the right, it took out our house as well.

Last edited:
I couldn’t remember the name of the person Lynn sold it to. The new road goes through my grandparents hose at the intersection of Huntsville Rd and Helton, going toward Florence Blvd. I grew up on Cherry Hill just past that to the right, it took out house as well.
I know exactly where you are talking about with Cherry Hill. I miss the Shoals area. Going to a BMX show in Moody May 20, so my son and I are going to stay in the Shoals Marriott May 19. Excited to visit again!

There may be one in Foley too, I dont know. The one we go to is at the intersection of 59 & Fort Morgan rd. in Gulf Shores. Across from Burger King and Rouse's.
I know it's a small world when I know exactly what your talking about lol.

My dad's family owns a beach house off Fort Morgan highway near the Beach Club. I've eaten at that Burger King as a kid in the early 2000s, in 2005 when it had a tarped roof from Hurricane Danny, and now presently as an adult.

That building where Rouses is at has been through multiple tenants through the decades.

Back
Top Bottom