Favorite Place To Get A Burger?

alabama mike

Just Win Baby!
This topic was posted several years ago but with all the new guys on here now I thought I would ask again. Where is your favorite place to get a burger? The only rule is, no chain Resturants and if the burger joint is out of the state of Alabama, tell us where it is please.

Cypress Street Pint & Plate, Midtown Atlanta. On the back of the Biltmore Hotel (which fronts West Peachtree) at the corner of Cypress and 6th. Great food, better beer selection, always in the mention as one of the best neighborhood bars in town. They have a burger of month that has unorthodox ingredient combinations, but always good. On their menu is a Sublime Burger, after the Sublime Donut Bakery in town. A doughnut is each side of the bun, and they add in some ingredients, including carmelized onions, and it's awesome. Some folks like The Vortex just down the street from there, but I enjoy Cypress better.

Oh my crigga.... that place has a ton of great food and some amazing bloody marys.

We often kayak there to eat then come back to wherever we put in

Eaten there several times but never tried their burger... Years ago my pals and I used to hit up Ben's BBQ in Fairhope for burgers... they were decent back then (15-20 years ago).

Let me know when the topic changes to hotdogs so I can throw in the Dew Drop.

Four Aces Bar & Lounge
Hardin, Montana
Cook there was the owner too. He'd never heard of fried dill pickles. He made his own in a wooden barrel that were delicious. Finally got him to make me some as an appetizer. He brought them out and I asked if he tried them and he shook his head "No". So I offered him one. He ate it and the next week added them to his menu.
He also added the burger I ordered special.
Bacon, cheddar, cole slaw, a fried egg, and of course the fried pickles. He even named it the "Roll Tide" because that's where I watched most of the Bama games while I lived in Mt.

Four Aces Bar & Lounge
Hardin, Montana
Cook there was the owner too. He'd never heard of fried dill pickles. He made his own in a wooden barrel that were delicious. Finally got him to make me some as an appetizer. He brought them out and I asked if he tried them and he shook his head "No". So I offered him one. He ate it and the next week added them to his menu.
Bacon, cheddar, cole slaw, a fried egg, and of course the fried pickles. He even named it the "Roll Tide" because that's where I watched most of the Bama games while I lived in Mt.
That's almost like an Aussie burger. Sounds good enough to have one for breakfast.

I worked at night and that's precisely when I ate them mostly. Add in that he had draft beer at 0700 and that'd be the reason I went in summation.

In 1993, I was on a hiking trip through PA, 170 miles and we took a full day off (two nights) at a roadhouse/motel in Port Clinton, PA. Old lady there let hikers stay there and made the best cheeseburger. It was the first time I'd ever heard of Yuengling. It was 65 cents a glass, and it was interesting watching folks have a yuengling or three with their breakfasts. Next time I saw it was in Orange Beach around '98.

In 1993, I was on a hiking trip through PA, 170 miles and we took a full day off (two nights) at a roadhouse/motel in Port Clinton, PA. Old lady there let hikers stay there and made the best cheeseburger. It was the first time I'd ever heard of Yuengling. It was 65 cents a glass, and it was interesting watching folks have a yuengling or three with their breakfasts. Next time I saw it was in Orange Beach around '98.

Tim, it's funny, when I met your son and the band, the first thing we talked about wasYuengling. They said how much better and fresher it tasted in Philly (near where it is brewed) than down south. I didn't understand this until I moved to Upstate NY and got a Yuengling and it tasted different. It's still good but it's just .. not as good. I took it for granted all these years!

Tim, it's funny, when I met your son and the band, the first thing we talked about wasYuengling. They said how much better and fresher it tasted in Philly (near where it is brewed) than down south. I didn't understand this until I moved to Upstate NY and got a Yuengling and it tasted different. It's still good but it's just .. not as good. I took it for granted all these years!

You're right, Yuengling tastes better in PA. I have a tendency to switch to it when I realize I'm not pacing myself (it's my rehydration beer, along with Shiner), but I haven't followed the business side of their increased distribution area. I believe Budweiser distributes it in the SE.

fyi, Eric left The Valley Roots when he moved back from Muscle Shoals last year, is back with his local Atlanta band Stonewall Station and is gigging with various other artists while working full time at Guitar Center. He played with a couple of country guys trying to make it in Nashville (Rex Norton and Jeff Vaughn) at a pretty packed Georgia Theater in Athens in June, and he's playing with them again at an amphitheater in SC somewhere this month. One of the two had gotten some airplay for one of their songs. He's still working around the edges of breaking in, met Vince Gill at a Nashville gig last month and Travis Tritt earlier this year.

You're right, Yuengling tastes better in PA. I have a tendency to switch to it when I realize I'm not pacing myself (it's my rehydration beer, along with Shiner), but I haven't followed the business side of their increased distribution area. I believe Budweiser distributes it in the SE.

fyi, Eric left The Valley Roots when he moved back from Muscle Shoals last year, is back with his local Atlanta band Stonewall Station and is gigging with various other artists while working full time at Guitar Center. He played with a couple of country guys trying to make it in Nashville (Rex Norton and Jeff Vaughn) at a pretty packed Georgia Theater in Athens in June, and he's playing with them again at an amphitheater in SC somewhere this month. One of the two had gotten some airplay for one of their songs. He's still working around the edges of breaking in, met Vince Gill at a Nashville gig last month and Travis Tritt earlier this year.

Ah, didn't know that. He's a good musician, best of luck to him with everything!

Four Aces Bar & Lounge
Hardin, Montana

What got you up to Montana? I've been up to Yellowtail before, I would have never guessed a place like that existed in Montana.

Best burger might be Danny's in Coronado, CA. Cheese just drips off the burger.

Back
Top Bottom