| FOOD Good Eats abroad

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Staff
I have started to travel a lot with work and am all over Alabama and Mississippi. Found a few good places and thought I would share.

Tupelo : Neon Pig and Blue Canoe.

I'm not sure who voted, but they knew what they were talking about. Neon Pig is voted best burger in America. Ground with Filet,Ribeye,Sirloin, and Bacon. Served on a Ciabatta bun. It is absolutely amazing.

Up the road from Neon Pig is a Dive Bar that has amazing groceries as well. (FYI), Blue Canoe buys their burger meat from Neon Pig (It is an actual meat market)

Blue Canoe has 48 beer on tap and an amazing menu. I have been a couple times. Most famous dish is Pulled Pork w/Collards over a bed of cheese grits. Collards are hot and will clear out your sinus', but not so much so that fire shoots from your butthole. Another great was the duck quesadilla with goat cheese.

I was in Memphis earlier this week and went to an upscale restaurant called Flight. I was there about 2 years ago and found it to be amazing, and went this past week, and found it to be as good as I remembered. I had Chicken/Waffle/Wild Boar/Fried Quail. Everything comes as a flight, Beer/wine/meal/dessert. You can mix and match, or a la carte. Either way, I would highly recommend these places if you get out soon.

@TerryP or @It Takes Eleven , I will be in downtown Greenville at the end of the month for work. Steer me in the right direction.

@rammerjammer I've spent some time in Greenville, not a ton, but the place is beginning to rival Birmingham in punching above its weight class in terms of dining. My favorite restaurant there, Bacon Brothers, didn't survive COVID. Southernside Brewing is located along the Swamp Rabbit Trail, cool spot, casual food to go along with a craft beer setting. Fork and Plow is good. I'll leave it to @TerryP on Rick Erwins, haven't been there.

@rammerjammer I've spent some time in Greenville, not a ton, but the place is beginning to rival Birmingham in punching above its weight class in terms of dining. My favorite restaurant there, Bacon Brothers, didn't survive COVID. Southernside Brewing is located along the Swamp Rabbit Trail, cool spot, casual food to go along with a craft beer setting. Fork and Plow is good. I'll leave it to @TerryP on Rick Erwins, haven't been there.
He has a good steak...on the level of Shula's.

Ms. Munson's gonna tell you all about Bob Jones University! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 24888

I know PCB isn't at all going abroad, but there's a hole in the wall there called The Sandbar. Beats any of that tourist-trap crap!
I don't think most here, that read that, get that.

The pair of tits I played with in the gym...she was a junior ... i as in 11th grade. '
It's the Catholic school you see portrayed in the movies without the plaid ... (so the sexist would say because that likely liable.)

Damn.

@rammerjammer you might want to stop by that school and look at their art collection. No. You do. They have some great pieces...

@rammerjammer you might want to stop by that school and look at their art collection. No. You do. They have some great pieces...

Would this be on par with Jack Warner and his collection he had at Gulf States Paper on River Road?

I will probably come in on Thursday, do my cases Friday morning and head back south by about noon on Friday.

Would this be on par with Jack Warner and his collection he had at Gulf States Paper on River Road?

I will probably come in on Thursday, do my cases Friday morning and head back south by about noon on Friday.
Better. A LOT of money in that collection. It's a martini lunch and a stroll with Google...GREAT stuff there.

It won't be fancy... no square plates or items on the menu that are hard to pronounce, but after a (too) long absence, Ben's BBQ is rising from the metaphorical ashes in Fairhope... Their BBQ was fine, not elite, but pretty good if scored on a Coastal BBQ Scale. The real winner was the burgers and their hushpuppies... Hopefully, they can recreate the magic... I've missed them.

45544091_2554441587901179_7066211917731201024_n.jpg

Flight is a decent spot but that same group owns a spot called Porch and Parlor. Try that out next time your in Memphis. Food is top quality. We’ve determined they must be paying that chef hazard pay to stay in Memphis. It’s incredible.

Another I'll add is Champy's Chicken I haven't eaten at all their locations. but I've eaten at 3 of them... most often the one in Daphne. All have been consistently good, and of the same high quality. The chicken is great but the Mississippi Delta tamales are highly underrated. Maybe the most impressive thing though is their sides are good too (minus the potato salad), which is rare for a place like that. I wish I could open one in Northport/Tuscaloosa and sit back and enjoy my money room every evening like Scrooge McDuck.

Another I'll add is Champy's Chicken I haven't eaten at all their locations. but I've eaten at 3 of them... most often the one in Daphne. All have been consistently good, and of the same high quality. The chicken is great but the Mississippi Delta tamales are highly underrated. Maybe the most impressive thing though is their sides are good too (minus the potato salad), which is rare for a place like that. I wish I could open one in Northport/Tuscaloosa and sit back and enjoy my money room every evening like Scrooge McDuck.

We have one here in Alabaster. You are spot on, sir, about those tamales.

Back
Top Bottom