| FTBL Fall Camp 2023 Thread

This probably won't come as a shock. Mel Kiper has no clue. This morning he made the comment that Lonergan was competing for the starting job. They started prep for MTSU and he's running the scout team.
If I was a director and wanted to cast someone as an evil scientist who wanted to take over the world, Mel Kiper would be at the top of my list. Guy looks creepy.

Does it matter though?
In regards to Kiffin, this was said in the past: "I always let the coordinators be where they want to be," Saban said. "But in this case, even though he felt more comfortable being in the press box, I think it's important that he's on the field. He has the greatest impact and effect on players."

It seems to me this year's scenario is analogous to Kiffin's first year.

In regards to Kiffin, this was said in the past: "I always let the coordinators be where they want to be," Saban said. "But in this case, even though he felt more comfortable being in the press box, I think it's important that he's on the field. He has the greatest impact and effect on players."

It seems to me this year's scenario is analogous to Kiffin's first year.

When Kiffin came in they completely changed the offense and how they signal plays in from the sideline (went to a spread attack that could go no huddle).

I don't see this year as analogous at all to Kiffin's first year. They are going more towards the run and can slow down the game. All the infrastructure to go no huddle and run RPO has been built into the system and the program for years.

I'm more surprised Steele is going into the booth. But I don't know how he's done it in the past. Given how experienced he is, I am guessing there's a reason he wants to be in the box.

When Kiffin came in they completely changed the offense and how they signal plays in from the sideline (went to a spread attack that could go no huddle).

I don't see this year as analogous at all to Kiffin's first year. They are going more towards the run and can slow down the game. All the infrastructure to go no huddle and run RPO has been built into the system and the program for years.

I'm more surprised Steele is going into the booth. But I don't know how he's done it in the past. Given how experienced he is, I am guessing there's a reason he wants to be in the box.
New OC. New quarterback. Likely a QB that is a less polished passer that relies on athleticism. Different offense philosophy than we've seen in the last few years.

Some of this is speculation, buy I would prefer to see the young guy on the filed face to face with the younger guys is all.

Just the ability to speak to him rather than going through a sign or intermediary. Always easier communicating one to one. They don't allow devices in the helmets like they do in the pros do they?

They'll get plenty of conversation between drives via the coms system. But they can't have the direct communication through the helmet like others mentioned.

The tradeoff is that Rees is more comfortable calling better plays for Milroe (or any QB) by being up high in the box seeing what the D is doing. Hopefully that will lead to better QB play and better play by the offense as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom