| CURRENT EVENTS Elon Musk Buys Twitter. ( "...make algorithms open source..." )

Free as in Speech. Free as in Beer. Two different things. FOSS is both.
@XXL TideFan

They already have the code for the edit button. But let's assume someone finds a tweek in their kitchen sink and can streamline that? Is that as easily to do as WP...and, do they allow access similar to Wiki sites. Dunno.

With the attention it's getting I'm going to float some of my "clients" that way for ad dollars ... mortgage guys.

It's been one of the most entertaining stories we've seen in the news. The irony found in those opposing this move is rich.

I'm seeing a lot of folks are leaving fast. But he only been approve to purchase Twitter right now? He hasn't gotten the keys to the door yet has he? I read one post that free speech is gone now on twitter?

Let me tell a story.

Years ago a friend at work and I were talking about Trump. This friend had 3 young girls, 2 of them new twins. Anyways, this friend was so upset that I wasn't upset that Trump made the comment "grab them by the..." I basically said people say dumb shit all the time and that it had no impact in my daily life sorta comment. Well, he said he didn't agree with my stance and wondered how the father of two daughters didn't get upset about this comment and stopped talking to me. Well this friend took a job at Riot Games. You know the place that had this kinda stuff happening all the time.

I chuckle about this...because he took a stand of me not being offended by trumps comments, while taking a paycheck from a company that this culture is by all accounts rampant with.

I haven't talked to him, but if I ever do, you'll guess where I'm gonna direct the conversation.

And the guy still works there...

This is the mindset at Twitter at the moment in my opinion.

I don't forget and I go for the jugular. Learned that skill in the Navy 🤣

Last edited:
You're seeing this where?

He owns Twitter.
He doesn't own it yet. They have an agreement with a steep penalty for either side stopping it ($1 billion), but it hasn't closed yet. It will be 3-6 months before it closes.

Now, if someone else comes in with a deal worth $1 billion more than his, I expect they will take it and pay the penalty just to keep him from getting it.

He doesn't own it yet. They have an agreement with a steep penalty for either side stopping it ($1 billion), but it hasn't closed yet. It will be 3-6 months before it closes.

Now, if someone else comes in with a deal worth $1 billion more than his, I expect they will take it and pay the penalty just to keep him from getting it.
I realize this but didn't want the reply to get bogged down.

I don't see this train being derailed.

279432859_3211648792439042_1806515664852339896_n.jpg

Is a comparison to a fashion trend fair? The Swatch. Members Only. There's two brand names that come to mind that fit, age wise, with a lot of the folks who frequent Twitter, right?

When they came on the scene if you had the latest Swatch...or the newest jacket. I know you guys remember these trends.

It's like (my) the bucket hat. I've worn those for years and now they're coming back in vogue? "Fuck me. That's my gig."

How much of the angst comes from de-valuing the blue check mark? It's almost the definition of a clique in its purest form: except they don't mind others joining their group think.

Almost an aristocratical group being dismantled? No longer, "the cool kids."

They had a "safe space" where they had power. Just complaining loud enough got people thrown off the entire thing. Note that these folks really can't build anything if they push their shit up front, they have to build a fairly open resource then add all their rules later. Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit all have gone down this path. Facebook is one of the most obvious with allowing certain people to get away with things because they fit a certain model. My BIL gets in Facebook jail for basically threatening and harassing people at least 4-6 times a year yet never gets thrown off. I know someone who got completely kicked off there for saying the equivalent of "I know where you live if you want to finish this in person". Guess which is woke and which is not.

Is a comparison to a fashion trend fair? The Swatch. Members Only. There's two brand names that come to mind that fit, age wise, with a lot of the folks who frequent Twitter, right?

When they came on the scene if you had the latest Swatch...or the newest jacket. I know you guys remember these trends.

It's like (my) the bucket hat. I've worn those for years and now they're coming back in vogue? "Fuck me. That's my gig."

How much of the angst comes from de-valuing the blue check mark? It's almost the definition of a clique in its purest form: except they don't mind others joining their group think.

Love the bucket hats. Have a polo one my wife got me almost 30 yrs ago.

There’s still Swatch stores around, usually in high rent districts. Also usually in areas frequented by foreign travelers. Just saw one in Vegas and there’s been one in Times Square forever. I seldom see anyone inside. Some of my friends wore 3 or 4 at the same time. For different time zones? Who knows…. We couldn’t afford one.

It always gets dropped. When you can’t win the argument with facts, data and truth resort to labeling your opponent racist, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic, etc. That’s what leftists always do … it’s taken from page one of the universal leftist playbook.
Start paying attention to the Jewish folks on there. They taught the black race hustlers how it’s done.

Back
Top Bottom