| CURRENT EVENTS Elon Musk Buys Twitter. ( "...make algorithms open source..." )

Here we are again.

If you're giving real time locations of an individual, you're doxxing the location of that individual. There is no gray area there.

ElonJet tracking and providing his location is for what purpose? These "reporters" doing the same is for what purpose? What's their intended end game?

I don't necessarily like Elon but I don't dislike him as well. And I'm certainly not one you can label as "on the right."

You may not see this, but he's been good for discourse because he's upset the status quo. Whether you claim to be on the right, or on the left, having someone stand up for individual rights and freedoms versus group rights is a good thing: needed.
Again those three reporters didn’t at any time post his aircraft’s location. They all three reported on his banning the ElonJet account and were and have been previously critical of Elon, so no they weren’t “doxxing” him. He’s just a thin skinned child.

He’s not standing up for individual rights, he’s standing up for the rights of people that agree with him, so no I don’t think he’s been for discourse at all. Now, I love everything SpaceX has done and will continue to do and I owned a Tesla until I upgraded, but as for Twitter I think he’s been terrible unless you agree with him and/or on the right.

Every plane is equipped with a ADS-B which is public knowledge and there’s a website where you can look at the location of any plane
You should read up on PIA because you don't understand how it works.

This information is not public. Mush took steps through the FAA to ensure his privacy on his jet.

The ID for the plane flying around is public. It's public for the safety of other planes in the air The issue is exposing which plane ID belonged to Elon. That information is not public. Real time data on flights is not linked to individual or their names.

Elon is using the PIA system, through the FAA, for a private plane ID. When this happens the owner of the plane isn't revealed: it's private information.

That's still ignoring the bigger issue. You're siding with a group whose intent was to spark others to harass Mush and his family. Are you seriously suggesting you're okay with that?

What's even more disturbing is the thinly veiled attempt from Sweeney to extort 50K from Musk.

“If he let me fly with him on his jet, record it and talk about it — and maybe not even pay me the $50,000 [previously asked for] — I would take it down,” Sweeney said of Musk. “That is still up for discussion.”

Again those three reporters didn’t at any time post his aircraft’s location. They all three reported on his banning the ElonJet account and were and have been previously critical of Elon, so no they weren’t “doxxing” him. He’s just a thin skinned child.
You certainly love throwing around names on people: it's paedomorphic in its own right.

These individuals shared the account where the information was released—by retweeting and sharing the link. That's been verified by other journalists. They reported on the banning AFTER they'd already shared the information.
He’s not standing up for individual rights, he’s standing up for the rights of people that agree with him, so no I don’t think he’s been for discourse at all. Now, I love everything SpaceX has done and will continue to do and I owned a Tesla until I upgraded, but as for Twitter I think he’s been terrible unless you agree with him and/or on the right.
You're missing the entire point of individuals liberty versus the group rights.

Why are these people upset they were suspended? Because he's upsetting the status quo of the elitism we see from big tech as well as "leftist," if that's the term you choose.

For someone who literally said you didn't care who was banned, you sure have an investment here attempting to defend people who, again literally, broke the rules. I can't say I'm surprised. When a member of SCOTUS was doxxed, then harassed, and dealt with a guy intent on physical harm you didn't think it was a big deal, at all. And that's blatantly against the law.

What's crazy here is this group you've chosen to side with publicly encourage the old Twitter staff to ban people who didn't break the TOS with Twitter and now that they've actually broken those rules it's Elon.

Rules for thee, but not for me.

You certainly love throwing around names on people: it's paedomorphic in its own right.

These individuals shared the account where the information was released—by retweeting and sharing the link. That's been verified by other journalists. They reported on the banning AFTER they'd already shared the information.

You're missing the entire point of individuals liberty versus the group rights.

Why are these people upset they were suspended? Because he's upsetting the status quo of the elitism we see from big tech as well as "leftist," if that's the term you choose.

For someone who literally said you didn't care who was banned, you sure have an investment here attempting to defend people who, again literally, broke the rules. I can't say I'm surprised. When a member of SCOTUS was doxxed, then harassed, and dealt with a guy intent on physical harm you didn't think it was a big deal, at all. And that's blatantly against the law.

What's crazy here is this group you've chosen to side with publicly encourage the old Twitter staff to ban people who didn't break the TOS with Twitter and now that they've actually broken those rules it's Elon.

Rules for thee, but not for me.
I’m saying the names because that’s their names….that’s normally what people do.

The information is public and was on a website which is partly where the account got it. Again Elon is a thin skinned pansy.

He‘s not upsetting the status quo, he’s silencing the media, that again he doesn’t agree with, while allowing accounts that actually spread bs, hate, bigotry, et, so you’ll have to excuse me for not buying the “status quo” bs.

I only care that again the right is silencing the media, but I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised since everybody knows the right hates the media unless it’s that idiot Tucker. That’s my only investment in this, I don’t believe the media should be silenced. As for the assertion that I simply didn’t care if a SCOTUS justice was harmed is asinine, untrue, ignorant, whatever other word you want to put here. As for he was doxxed, he wasn’t doxxed, the addresses of public figures are public knowledge, I know doctors, nurses, microbiologists, virologists, immunologists, and other scientists that were actually doxxed by the same party that Elon has aligned himself with. Did I care that people were protesting on a public sidewalk and street? No I didn’t and still don’t. No more than I cared that people were outside the capital protesting (the stupidity that happened once the rioting started is a much much different thing).

I’m against cancelling anybody that doesn’t spread hate, violence, and bigotry.

You should read up on PIA because you don't understand how it works.

This information is not public. Mush took steps through the FAA to ensure his privacy on his jet.

The ID for the plane flying around is public. It's public for the safety of other planes in the air The issue is exposing which plane ID belonged to Elon. That information is not public. Real time data on flights is not linked to individual or their names.

Elon is using the PIA system, through the FAA, for a private plane ID. When this happens the owner of the plane isn't revealed: it's private information.

That's still ignoring the bigger issue. You're siding with a group whose intent was to spark others to harass Mush and his family. Are you seriously suggesting you're okay with that?

What's even more disturbing is the thinly veiled attempt from Sweeney to extort 50K from Musk.
I’m not aligning myself with any group, other than I don’t agree with banning, silencing the media, no matter which side of the media aligns with.

I didn’t and don’t want him harassed or his family, no matter how much I disagree with him. Unlike him I don’t want anybody harmed or harassed

I’m saying the names because that’s their names….that’s normally what people do.

The information is public and was on a website which is partly where the account got it. Again Elon is a thin skinned pansy.

He‘s not upsetting the status quo, he’s silencing the media, that again he doesn’t agree with, while allowing accounts that actually spread bs, hate, bigotry, et, so you’ll have to excuse me for not buying the “status quo” bs.

I only care that again the right is silencing the media, but I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised since everybody knows the right hates the media unless it’s that idiot Tucker. That’s my only investment in this, I don’t believe the media should be silenced. As for the assertion that I simply didn’t care if a SCOTUS justice was harmed is asinine, untrue, ignorant, whatever other word you want to put here. As for he was doxxed, he wasn’t doxxed, the addresses of public figures are public knowledge, I know doctors, nurses, microbiologists, virologists, immunologists, and other scientists that were actually doxxed by the same party that Elon has aligned himself with. Did I care that people were protesting on a public sidewalk and street? No I didn’t and still don’t. No more than I cared that people were outside the capital protesting (the stupidity that happened once the rioting started is a much much different thing).

I’m against cancelling anybody that doesn’t spread hate, violence, and bigotry.
You are not reading what's been posted in this thread because you're repeatedly saying something that isn't true. The guy who runs the ElonJet site has said what he compiled wasn't public information.

You've not read anything about privacy laws and the FAA. If so, you wouldn't be repeating the same.

IF you believe he's not upsetting the status-quo, how do you explain those simply melting down about people who broke Twitter policy. You're part of that status quo, hence the reason you're upset.

Calling someone a petulant child isn't their name. I don't know you personally, but you're displaying characteristics of a pseudo elitist—apparently unwilling to learn more about these things we're discussing.

The fact that you're okay with people being doxxed, people breaking the law, and the results that'll come from these actions is quite defining. You're against "cancelling anybody that doesn’t spread hate, violence, and bigotry" but all for people inciting that violence by real time tracking individuals. We've seen what happens in these situations, it's life threatening and sometimes deadly. But it's okay to say, "there they are, right there, right now."

Again. For what purpose other than to harass, intimidate, or worse. I'm at a loss for words trying to understand your feelings that "they deserve it" because they don't agree with your political persuasions.

I’m not aligning myself with any group, other than I don’t agree with banning, silencing the media, no matter which side of the media aligns with.
missed-missed-the-point.gif

You are not reading what's been posted in this thread because you're repeatedly saying something that isn't true. The guy who runs the ElonJet site has said what he compiled wasn't public information.

You've not read anything about privacy laws and the FAA. If so, you wouldn't be repeating the same.

IF you believe he's not upsetting the status-quo, how do you explain those simply melting down about people who broke Twitter policy. You're part of that status quo, hence the reason you're upset.

Calling someone a petulant child isn't their name. I don't know you personally, but you're displaying characteristics of a pseudo elitist—apparently unwilling to learn more about these things we're discussing.

The fact that you're okay with people being doxxed, people breaking the law, and the results that'll come from these actions is quite defining. You're against "cancelling anybody that doesn’t spread hate, violence, and bigotry" but all for people inciting that violence by real time tracking individuals. We've seen what happens in these situations, it's life threatening and sometimes deadly. But it's okay to say, "there they are, right there, right now."

Again. For what purpose other than to harass, intimidate, or worse. I'm at a loss for words trying to understand your feelings that "they deserve it" because they don't agree with your political persuasions.
I just watched an interview that Jack Sweeney gave (the owner of the ElonJet account) and in his own words he says “all the information I used to create the account is publicly available”, so I’m repeating the words that came out of his own damn mouth.

As for privacy, FAA, people’s private planes, on this very forum years ago there were threads about UA’s airplane and various other private jets, but that’s ok, but this isn’t?

As for “people melting down” and me being upset, again I’ll reiterate I AM AGAINST the silencing, cancelling, banning of media, it’s not a matter of being upset, it’s a matter of the banning of media simply because Elon disagreed with them. Even further proof that it wasn’t about them “sharing the plane location” the petulant little jackass Elon put a poll up and those media members aren’t banned any longer, it was simply him being a thin skinned child.

I‘m showing elitist characteristics, there’s two words people really get off on calling liberals, elitist and woke, not sure which is y’all’s favorite, but it’s a guarantee y’all are going to use one of those two. I’m willing to learn if need be. Everybody other than people that agree with Elon have shown and written about this and the dude that created the damn account that pissed Elon off said in numerous interviews how the info was obtained, so according to everybody that agrees with petulant Elon the dude hacked the FAA and got the info and isn’t being arrested because federal law enforcement is ok with the hack? That makes absolutely zero sense.

The doxxing part of what you said I’m not repeating myself. Just reread what I already wrote.

To say I’m ok with somebody being harassed, intimidated, or worse for any reason let alone because they disagree with me politically even though I’ve stated in this thread that I’m against it is you not reading what I write and just saying whatever you want because I’ve already stated I am against it.

Back
Top Bottom