| CURRENT EVENTS Elon Musk Buys Twitter. ( "...make algorithms open source..." )

TerryP

Staff
The most entertaining news story of this year.

I appreciated his comment about the 10% extremes on both sides being equally pissed off and you've got something ... he's clever almost to a troll point.

Fascinating guy.

He got Business Day.

FRGSpRJVEAEd-JL

Screenshot 2022-04-24 8.33.44 AM.png

I’d bet none of the ones that threatened to!
talmon joseph smith Profile picture

talmon joseph smith

21h • 4 tweets • 1 min read

Its “absolutely insane” @ Twitter right now in the virtual valves of private slack rooms & employee group texts, according to an internal source. Their take/breakdown just now:
“I feel like im going to throw up..I rly don’t wanna work for a company that is owned by Elon Musk”…1/

2/ The source at Twitter continued “I don’t rly know what I’m supposed to do…oh my god, my phone’s been blowing up…We have a meeting about it at 5pm…the CEO is going to address everyone about it” (it=elon)

“I hate him, why does he even want this?” they asked…
The employee continued re Elon:

3/“ I feel like he’s this petulant little boy and that he’s doing this to troll…he doesn’t know anything about our policies and what we do…his statement about our algo was fucking insane…

“Were just gonna let everyone run amok?…nobody knows”

4/: “…a part of what I do is monitoring toxicity and health in the Trends…I don’t know if this will impact my job directly…I wanna still have a job and idk how this impacts that.” They added their “pretty broken”… “wish I had a nuanced take on it, but I’m just scared and sad”

Could be speaking about the coding maybe? Custom BSD or Linux?
My understanding is that it is a particular part of the underlying code for algorithms only. That is the code that determines what tweet from those you aren't following that it will push to you to try to interest you. Not just advertising though, but subjects overall. For example, because I read a bunch of tweets about UGA and Bama in January, Twitter decided that I must be interested in UGA and kept trying to push everything UGA to me for a while until I corrected that.

Back
Top Bottom