| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ CM Newton Classic: Davidson Upsets No. 10/11 Alabama, 79-78

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – No. 10/11 Alabama will play its final game before the Christmas holiday when it takes on the Davidson Wildcats in the C.M. Newton Classic Tuesday night at 6 p.m. CT inside Legacy Arena. The event, named in honor of the late Crimson Tide Hall of Fame head coach, originally pitted the Crimson Tide and No. 21/21 Colorado State, however, the Rams were unable to compete due to a Covid-19 outbreak within their program which opened the door to welcome the Wildcats – a game that was put together in less than 24 hours.

The C.M. Newton Classic is named in honor of the former Crimson Tide and Hall of Fame head coach, who became head coach at the University of Alabama in 1968. During his 12 seasons at UA, he led the Tide to a 221-123 record, won three straight SEC Conference titles (1974-1976) and made two NCAA tournament appearances. In addition to his coaching accolades, Newton was the first coach to integrate the men's basketball team at UA with Black student-athletes.

The Tide and Wildcats will meet for the fifth time in series history and first since Alabama defeated Davidson, 76-59, in the 1991-92 season opener (11/23/91) in Davidson, N.C. The only other meetings between the teams came during the 1960s (twice during the 1961-62 season and in 1964-65).

The Broadcast​

• Tuesday night's game will be available on SEC Network+ with Eli Gold (play-by-play) and Richard Hendrix (analyst) on the call
  • The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play), Bryan Passink (analyst) and Roger Hoover (sideline) on the call with Top Stipe (engineer) turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

Up 35-34. Just my opinion, but our slump has a lot to do with fatigue and the lack of paint touches. Our offense looks out of sync because teams are respecting our ability to go inside and our guards not getting blow bys. We're not even doing well in transition anymore.

Defensively, we are atrocious. It may have to do with fatigue, but there's no reason for guys to not chase down rebounds. This is the bad basketball we saw last year in OOC play.

There's absolutely no pressure defensively. I don't have words. Oats was pissed after our game vs Jacksonville State. Do our guys just not get it? Gurley is fucking awful. How does a transfer that was highly sought after suck so bad?

This team has a lot more problems than just X’s and O’s. They don’t even seem like they want to be playing. No effort and no sense of urgency trailing by 13.

Not watching, but looked at the Box Score. Better just start launching some threes and hope we hit them. Davidson is shooting greater than 50% from the field and for three. Tough to beat that.

Looks like it has been good that I am not watching this garbage. Seems like something has happened with the chemistry as Oats tried to get JD more engaged. Pure speculation. So afraid to ask but how do I see the game? Do not see it on youtube tv.

Looks like it has been good that I am not watching this garbage. Seems like something has happened with the chemistry as Oats tried to get JD more engaged. Pure speculation. So afraid to ask but how do I see the game? Do not see it on youtube tv.
Go to reddit.

r/ncaabasketballstreams and find a good link. You'll see a thread that says "Alabama vs Davidson". You may have to click out of some ads.

Back
Top Bottom