| FTBL Chance to work the team charter

G

Help! I need advice. I have a chance to work the team charter Sat. night back from UT.

Downside - I won't get to see any of the game. We depart ATL @ 8:50, but that means I'll have to leave my house by 7:30 at the latest. I'll basically drive to airport, get there then fly to K'ville only to wait for the team to finish the game.

What to do??? I rarely if ever miss a game totally. :shock:

FWIW, if this makes a difference, this is a weekend it'll be worth listening to the radio crew instead of the TV crew. I understand Jerry Duncan is handling the color this week...

psychojoe said:
I take it there are no on-board TVs. Would it be feasible to carry a lap top and watch via ESPN360?

You know what psycho.....this particular airplane DOES have TV's and we have ESPN. You're a genius! :) I don't know that we can pick up the signal on ground but definitely should be able to get it in air (flt. from ATL to TYS). No WiFi on ground or in flight. That day is coming though.

Thanks! :)

TerryP said:
What?

Yet something else for you to worry about this week...should you or shouldn't you?!?! :D

I'm more worried about the effect of me being away from the game than my actual decision of whether to do it or not. :D

Actually you'd be proud of me Terry. Pretty much all of my superstitions have bitten the dust. It's amazing what a good, solid team will do to all those superstitions...who knew? :D And all that time I thought it was my fault. :lol:

If you might not get a chance to do it again for a while, I'd probably go ahead and do it. Record the game, get updates before the plane takes off, then again when it lands, then enjoy the rest of the night. The pilots can probably get updates while the game is on too. They always bark off NFL scores during games when I'm flying on Sundays. :lol:

BamaDelta said:
psychojoe said:
I take it there are no on-board TVs. Would it be feasible to carry a lap top and watch via ESPN360?

You know what psycho.....this particular airplane DOES have TV's and we have ESPN. You're a genius! :) I don't know that we can pick up the signal on ground but definitely should be able to get it in air (flt. from ATL to TYS). No WiFi on ground or in flight. That day is coming though.

Thanks! :)

Aw shucks ma'am. Glad to help.

Just found out it will be the "in charge" position. I fly that all the time on my regular trips but this is a little different. In charge means First Class means the coaches and in particular the coach. :shock: :shock: :shock: That intimidates me just a little. He's just a normal person like you and me, right? :shock:

BamaDelta said:
Just found out it will be the "in charge" position. I fly that all the time on my regular trips but this is a little different. In charge means First Class means the coaches and in particular the coach. :shock: :shock: :shock: That intimidates me just a little. He's just a normal person like you and me, right? :shock:

Thats awesome Delta! So heres a plan...just miss the game altogether and judge the outcome by the look on CNS's face...wait that won't work because he only has one face. On a serious note, if it was me I would fo sho do it especially being in the "in charge" position.

BamaDelta said:

Delta, just give him 2 of these after he gets seated, and you'll be fine.

2086397832_180.jpg

BamaDelta said:

*** Note to Delta ***

1. Stock the galley with Little Debbie oatmeal cakes.
2. Disable lavatory smoke detectors so they're not activated by the cigar smoke.

Delta, will your flight have seats that accommodate the size of some of these linemen?

I wonder if Cody will accompany the team on this trip, and if so will y'all be traveling via a C-17 Globemaster III? :D

bear facts said:
Delta, will your flight have seats that accommodate the size of some of these linemen?

I wonder if Cody will accompany the team on this trip, and if so will y'all be traveling via a C-17 Globemaster III? :D

Cody will have to stay home... no seat belt extensions will be needed.

Back
Top Bottom