| FTBL Grade The Alabama Team Up To This Point

Are you grading on curve? Are you taking few things into consideration when giving them a grade?

OL- They are improving each week. they played well in 2nd half against Ole Miss and then played much better in Miss State. I would bump D+ to C +. only because of Seth's issue with snapping.

TE- B? Their blocking has been spotty at best. They have been whiffing on blocks. Bump it down to C-

QB- D+ How can you give Milroe D+ Have you seen his passing rating? 2023 Player Statistics and You have to admit he is making progress each week and is getting better. He hasn't regressed yet. The Ole Miss and Miss State are good enough to let me know that he should be able to handle TAMU. Bump D+ to C+ with potential of B if he keep putting in the work. He's reading the fields and He's making less mistakes. he's being decisive with his running, That's all we can ask out of him...

RB- A-?????!? Their blocking has been spotty with TE. Bump it down to B-

WR C- How are they supposed to do their job if they can't get the ball thrown their way? I would give them a bump up to B- knowing the circumstance. We've had WRs stepping up in last three games. They're little inconsistent in their route running but they're getting better.

Punt Return- D - Sir.... McKinstey muffed the punt one time. He had several big returns that was called back due to dumb flags. No Sir. Bump it up to B-

Punter- A. No issues.

DL- C. no issues. In fact, I would bump it down to D. this is due to coaching issues.

LB- C- Sir, they are playing their minds out. They're aggressive, getting to the ball carriers, QB, etc. They're making more positive plays than negative plays. We had some inexperienced LB on the field this past weekend, and they missed some plays and that was to be expected. Future is bright for LB. I would bump it up to LB- B

DB- B+ Sir, Arnold, Kool Aid... hard to throw at them. Moore is playing his mind out. Downs is having good year. A-

Kickoff team- They allowed big returns in last two games. Sir. no.

I"m convinced you haven't been watching the games.. You probably just was going by what you read on the board and assume that's what it was going on. I don't think your grades are actually fair or accurate at all.

This team has really grown in the last three weeks. They are not the same team we saw against USF. They are starting to figure out things slowly together as the team. OL is starting to gel better each week.

Mike asked for people’s opinions and he’s as entitled to his opinion as you are to yours. I seriously doubt he was asking for you or anyone else to dismiss his opinions out of hand line by line … but you’re free to do so. In fact, that’s your style. I’ve personally never seen anyone else on this site give thumbs down on other folk’s comments but I’ve seen you do it a number of times. I’m not saying others haven’t but I’ve never seen others do so. It seems you think you’re the only knowledgeable football fan on this site (other than the two folks you dare not criticize). Well, you’re not. You know, there are other Bama fan sites where your kind of thing goes on routinely. I like this site because the vast majority of its users respect other folk’s right to have a different opinion than they do.

Mike asked for people’s opinions and he’s as entitled to his opinion as you are to yours. I seriously doubt he was asking for you or anyone else to dismiss his opinions out of hand line by line … but you’re free to do so. In fact, that’s your style. I’ve personally never seen anyone else on this site give thumbs down on other folk’s comments but I’ve seen you do it a number of times. I’m not saying others haven’t but I’ve never seen others do so. It seems you think you’re the only knowledgeable football fan on this site (other than the two folks you dare not criticize). Well, you’re not. You know, there are other Bama fan sites where your kind of thing goes on routinely. I like this site because the vast majority of its users respect other folk’s right to have a different opinion than they do.
@Davestwin
1. Can you confirm that this is a public forum?
2. Did you read through his post completely especially the part where he said, " How would you grade the following areas of the Crimson Tide football team up to this point?"
3. My question was in related to how he graded the team as a whole, and asked what factors did he used... nothing more, nothing that, and then I proceed to provide my own grades on the team.. as he asked....
4. You didn't see @TerryP and @Brandon Van de Graaff as well other's comments on this page, so I do not know why you targeted me, but it was not necessary and uncalled for. You cannot just single me out knowing damn well this is a discussion board. Mike asked for discussion and he got it. So you want to be prissy and get in your feelings over a comment... which doesn't make sense to me... Go for it, but Dude.. read the whole damn post by everyone before you single me out like a crackhead on drugs.

Oh tidefans.com is perfect place for you.

Overall I give the team a B

There’s obviously areas where we have to improve, but overall we’ve done decent.

Now that we know who the QB is going to be going forward I think the offense will start looking good.

Defense isn’t going to change much

If we are using letter grades for arguments sake.

OL -C
TE - B+
QB -B
RB -A-
WR -B-
Punt Return -NA- really hard to grade at this point with a lot of shanks or sky kicks
P -A

DL-C
LB - B
DB - A-

Kick off and Kick Return Team -B

My grades are more of a “progress report” with us having had a limited sampling to date. OL has been slow to gel and an inexperienced QB is still learning.

Back
Top Bottom