| GAME THREAD 🏈 Championship Weekend 🏈

18 minutes into the game, Texas has 292 yards of offense. They are going to get plenty of style points today. They needed a beat down to give them a good shot at making the dance, they are giving out said beat down.

Texas has made it to 3rd down only twice. Those 2 3rd down plays totaled 87 yards.

Wow, the officiating is abysmal! Is the fix in? That INT clearly hit the ground and they didn’t even review it. The player was even hesitant to celebrate when he got up. Something is up here.

It doesn't look great on the surface, but I'm not sure the amount of money the conference would get for Texas going into the playoffs offsets the disdain the conference has for them for bolting to the SEC. But, who knows... the officiating has been bad.

Imagine the situation if OKST didn't get hosed on an INT that wasn't and extended drives on 2 different drives on non-called PI

Big 12 doesn't want to chance Texas losing, they're going to be as blatant as they have to be.

It doesn't look great on the surface, but I'm not sure the amount of money the conference would get for Texas going into the playoffs offsets the disdain the conference has for them for bolting to the SEC. But, who knows... the officiating has been bad.
Agree. But at the same time, if your wife is leaving you next spring and has a big bonus coming in January that you would get a piece of. Show me the money! 🤣

Texas with 396 yards so far in 2nd quarter. OK State defense would rank low in the PAC 12! UGLY game.

What is the rule exactly? It looks to me like each crew just holds for however long they want.

The whole sequence where the official stands over the ball while the defensive players take their sweet ass time and lollygag on and off the field in an effort to drain the play clock. It's a newer thing some are doing, Vols included of course. To me, it's right up there with faking injuries and they need to come up with a way to stop it.

The whole sequence where the official stands over the ball while the defensive players take their sweet ass time and lollygag on and off the field in an effort to drain the play clock. It's a newer thing some are doing, Vols included of course. To me, it's right up there with faking injuries and they need to come up with a way to stop it.
Easy way to stop it, delay of game on the defense. Kinda like in Soccer where you kick the ball into the stands to waste time. If it's intentional it'll cost you via yellow or red for time wasting.

Easy way to stop it, delay of game on the defense. Kinda like in Soccer where you kick the ball into the stands to waste time. If it's intentional it'll cost you via yellow or red for time wasting.

Exactly, and they need to start calling it. I don't know why they don't. It seems to be happening more and more, most likely because teams are getting away with it. They need to make a point to emphasize it next year.

I saw him a few weeks back, he was just trying to make a quick point about a team or player, and Kirk had to pretty much take over and speak for him. ate that he's struggling like he is, I've always liked him... he played his role well during their heyday.
I think it's termed aphasia, or something like that. I don't doubt his mind is sharp, but there's a illness where your mind thinks, but your mouth can't speak those thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom