| FTBL Bama vs Cincy analysis

I don’t expect them to roll over and curl up but I also do not expect this game to be close, unless we just turn the ball over five times or for some reason Bryce plays like me behind center.
I always say if we play clean we win but we do not always. It is the exception but we have had a few of these games.
Based on their competition, I just don’t see how Cincy will stop our offense or score on our defense. If anything, we’ll stop ourselves with stupid penalties, execution or poor lay calling.
These have been some of our inconsistency issues so it is not unheard of that we have issues here.

I think the SEC championship has us forgetting we can play pretty poorly at times as evidence by the Barn game.

Might be interesting to explore what is the closest team we faced in the SEC that would compare with Cincy? Are they as good as Arky, Barn or LSU? Not in terms of athletes but in terms of how good the team is. Of course athletes play a role in that but so does experience, discipline etc...

Knee-Jerk Instant Analysis: Don’t automatically assume the worst here. Of course it’s Alabama, and of course it looked amazing against Georgia, and of course Cincinnati is that cute story with the one good win as it made its way into the College Football Playoff because there weren’t any other options.

Yeah, whatever. Watch out.

Remember, this is still the Alabama team that needed to go the length of the field to score more than three points against Auburn. It’s the team that got pushed to the edge by Florida, LSU, and Arkansas. It’s about to take a few big punches from a Cincinnati team that’s about to play with its hair on fire. The time off will help Bama get healthier and stronger, but it’ll take a while to start breathing easily.

No Research Bowl Prediction: Alabama 34, Cincinnati 20
Early Bowl Line Guess: Alabama -12.5
Actual Line: Alabama -13.5

I read this yesterday and it really threw me off. I don't think I've ever read an article with so many mixed messages that at the end had the outcome the same as everyone else's opinion.

The talking heads have to pretend like Cincinnati can give us a game because we’re trying to build up interest, but you put a gun to their head not a single one of them would say cincy is going to win. Just take Notre Dame for example, that is their best win and it was a close game not that this Notre Dame team is just like all of the others but they are not head and shoulders better and look what happened to them every time they made the playoffs, hell we took care of them once in the playoffs and once in the BCS.

Of course we can play poorly at times, but I don’t expect to see any poor play out of them for the next two games at least

Of course we can play poorly at times, but I don’t expect to see any poor play out of them for the next two games at least
My biggest concern in a nutshell is Bama and how we have been inconsistent. Everytime I think this team has turned the corner they have issues in some or all phases of the game. I have to be guarded just because of that one thing. I think this speaks more to the maturity of the team. They seem to more likely to play poorly when put on a pedestal and have large point spreads.

My biggest concern in a nutshell is Bama and how we have been inconsistent. Everytime I think this team has turned the corner they have issues in some or all phases of the game. I have to be guarded just because of that one thing. I think this speaks more to the maturity of the team. They seem to more likely to play poorly when put on a pedestal and have large point spreads.

I have this on my mind as well. My hopes are that we made it to our goal of being in the Playoff. So many come in assuming we make it that they do not know the hard work it takes to get there. BUT, now that we're there, they get their swag and everything that comes with it, if they'll make sure to focus and get their minds right on winning the whole shebang and getting rings!

Gee whiz.

Only the biggest pessimist will curl up and think bad thoughts..
Their oline and dline cannot standup vs the talent and depth that bama has....

They may cover a receiver withtheir "superstar" but the rest will run wideopen...

Bama LBs will be all over the rush....Ford will run like a Rambler ( thats a real old car for you young uns)

Cincinnati is a 6-6 team SECw....7-4 in SECe......

Say its not so...ok...fine

Saban decides the point spread....4-5-6 scores
Not so?......when have i lead you astray .....but it may be late....

It's pretty clear, their only significant win was against ND. And it was significant, indeed, as it was played in South Bend as I recall. If you look at the tale of the tape, ND played two QBs (Pyne and Coan) and each had 22 attempts so I don't know what they were thinking about there. And ND had 3 turnovers while having a higher time of possession and more first downs. So...

Either way, I fully expect them to come out completely jacked up and juiced (maybe some extra red bulls and whatever else they take) like everyone who plays us. We will need to stay poised and play smart early on. I'm glad that we've dealt with lots of contention and close games this year - that will help us. Then we need to wear them down.

Gee whiz.

They may cover a receiver withtheir "superstar" but the rest will run wideopen...

Bama LBs will be all over the rush....Ford will run like a Rambler ( thats a real old car for you young uns)

Haha, never thought of myself that way but maybe I am. I do believe that if the team plays a clean game we win and it could be the large margin you predict. I say this about every game we play. We just have not played a lot of clean games this year.

For the UGA game 50+ you and I were on the same page and a lot had to do with how much disrespect was being shown to Bama as if we were Vanderbilt. That will not be the case here so as CNS we need to respect the opponent and winning enough that we prepare the right way.

Here is hoping in this two game season Bama absolutely plays to their potential. Do that and we will bring #19 home.

Gee whiz.

"Ford will run like a Rambler"

I would have used Edsel. :D

Let's all calm down on the "we're god's gift to football" talk in here, Cincinnati is a good team. Solid and experienced on the defensive side of the ball. We will struggle more to move on them than we did on Georgia. On the offensive side, they've got a fairly mobile quarterback, our kryptonite. I don't think we're going to lose this game, our raw talent should win this game for us alone. I just remember some close games and bad losses in previous years where we mocked teams like this. So let's keep it cordial and say, they're a solid team but I believe we beat them and pull away in the end.

Let's all calm down on the "we're god's gift to football" talk in here, Cincinnati is a good team. Solid and experienced on the defensive side of the ball. We will struggle more to move on them than we did on Georgia. On the offensive side, they've got a fairly mobile quarterback, our kryptonite. I don't think we're going to lose this game, our raw talent should win this game for us alone. I just remember some close games and bad losses in previous years where we mocked teams like this. So let's keep it cordial and say, they're a solid team but I believe we beat them and pull away in the end.
They are a solid team....but bama is a great team...not 2020 great...butstill damn great....
Had some lapes....
All teams do....

They will name score vs Cincinnati

3-3-5 defense. They need to stay on or ahead of schedule on offense by running for 3-5 yards at a time. 2nd and 3rd and long isn’t kind to them and their QB. They are experienced on both sides, a little undersized on their fronts.

The Lines of scrimmage will determine this game so much. Especially if they play a 3-3-5.

I truly think that the OL has found its starting 5 & is in a grove now. Sooo many folks are failing to see how Dalcourt's injury in the LSU game upset the applecart for all the games in November. And I think it was for the better. CNS & the OL coach did a marvelous job solidifying this last starting unit against Jawja because that is the best the OL played all season against A++ competition. And I see them just getting better between now & then when practicing more against the 1s & 2s on Defense.

I think the gameplan will be to absolutely dictate this game at the LOS both offensively & defensively, especially if we get Allen back on the other side from Anderson. IF we do, watch out! Their QB will be affected in ways that will turn the ball over. And on offense, we need to get our RB rotation established or more galvanized. This game perfectly falls at the feet of Robinson & Sanders being able to get healthy & being able to maintain consistency in performance. These next 3 weeks are going to be HUGE for those two RB's & the OL. IF the OL & RB's are on point come the 31st, the new starting WR's in rotation will get more separation as the Cincy Defense creeps in to stop the run. Hopefully Jo Jo can break a few catches in stride to get the rest of the competition nervous. They'll put their best guy on Jameson, whom I think will still get his, but other WR's have got to make the best of this opportunity. See Devonta Smith in the 2017 NC game as Exhibit A.

The Lines of scrimmage will determine this game so much. Especially if they play a 3-3-5.

I truly think that the OL has found its starting 5 & is in a grove now. Sooo many folks are failing to see how Dalcourt's injury in the LSU game upset the applecart for all the games in November. And I think it was for the better. CNS & the OL coach did a marvelous job solidifying this last starting unit against Jawja because that is the best the OL played all season against A++ competition. And I see them just getting better between now & then when practicing more against the 1s & 2s on Defense.

I think the gameplan will be to absolutely dictate this game at the LOS both offensively & defensively, especially if we get Allen back on the other side from Anderson. IF we do, watch out! Their QB will be affected in ways that will turn the ball over. And on offense, we need to get our RB rotation established or more galvanized. This game perfectly falls at the feet of Robinson & Sanders being able to get healthy & being able to maintain consistency in performance. These next 3 weeks are going to be HUGE for those two RB's & the OL. IF the OL & RB's are on point come the 31st, the new starting WR's in rotation will get more separation as the Cincy Defense creeps in to stop the run. Hopefully Jo Jo can break a few catches in stride to get the rest of the competition nervous. They'll put their best guy on Jameson, whom I think will still get his, but other WR's have got to make the best of this opportunity. See Devonta Smith in the 2017 NC game as Exhibit A.

I have little experience with the 3-3-5, but one of my sons' coaches ran it for two years. In my mind, it's the defensive equivalent to the Wing T or other option attacks as it tries to level the field if you don't have a strong line, and it uses misdirection (multiple stunts/blitzes) to create busts. If your linemen and RBs don't have their heads up and communicate, it can cause problems, but it will give up the LOS.

Back
Top Bottom