| FTBL 2024 Offense

bamascw

After the whirlwind that has been this past week, I admit, I do not know a lot about DeBoer. Honestly, when I first heard his name mentioned, I had to double check to make sure he was the coach of Washington, just haven’t paid him much attention, but I have, of course done my due diligence and googled the ever loving shit out of his background. He definitely has a good record. He definitely looks like he’s an offensive dude, and it appears he’s done a very good job at the schools that he has been at prior to coming to Alabama. Without even getting into the whole conversation of this is a brand, new world, buddy, you better buckle down, what do you guys think the offense is going to look like, not just next year but in the future?

I know Washington had a top 15 offense, and it seems like Pinnix lead the NCAA in passing, is Mill Row a good fit for the all fancy runs? It does seem like Milroe has a better deep ball than a short ball but again, haven’t watched Washington play more than about 10 downs this year so What kind of players make his offense run? I know we’ve dropped a few receivers from the class, and from what we already had but it seems like in years past with the exception of a couple seasons, where we were throwing deep, we are a pretty big slant route, hit the running back out of the backfield a little bit, and even a few years of wide receiver screens

Just curious, and I know some of you guys are much more dialed in than I am

DeBoer’s offense strives for balance as they accumulated almost 7000 yards this past season with 1700+ coming from the run game. They produced an 1100+ yard rusher, 2 WRs well over 1000+ receiving yards, a TE that averaged close to 10 yards a catch on 40+ catches and Michael Penix orchestrating the whole thing.
With Milroe, I imagine you will see Grubb use some QB designed runs. Penix dealt with 3 different ACL surgeries during his career and wasn’t near the runner he was coming out of HS. I guess the best comparison to make would be Sark in ‘20 here like @TerryP mentioned before in another thread. Receivers will run more to open spaces and be less reliant on a QB having to hit tight windows or throw a receiver open.

DeBoer’s offense strives for balance as they accumulated almost 7000 yards this past season with 1700+ coming from the run game. They produced an 1100+ yard rusher, 2 WRs well over 1000+ receiving yards, a TE that averaged close to 10 yards a catch on 40+ catches and Michael Penix orchestrating the whole thing.
With Milroe, I imagine you will see Grubb use some QB designed runs. Penix dealt with 3 different ACL surgeries during his career and wasn’t near the runner he was coming out of HS. I guess the best comparison to make would be Sark in ‘20 here like @TerryP mentioned before in another thread. Receivers will run more to open spaces and be less reliant on a QB having to hit tight windows or throw a receiver open.
Or, it's Sayin time.

Back
Top Bottom