| FTBL What would you call?

Michigan took the bet that if they put max pressure on Jaylen, he would play poorly and play panicked and old patterns would come back. They were right. What pissed me off about the whole game is Rees's refusal to make the right adjustments to alleviate the pressure and back them off - quick hitches, quick slants, options, more complex pre-snap motion, misdirection, roll-outs, etc. Based on the flow of the game, running up the gut from the 3 yard line was an horrendous play call. It should have been a play with three options on a roll-out; keep it on the run, pitch to another runner or pass to the end zone.

Michigan took the bet that if they put max pressure on Jaylen, he would play poorly and play panicked and old patterns would come back. They were right. What pissed me off about the whole game is Rees's refusal to make the right adjustments to alleviate the pressure and back them off - quick hitches, quick slants, options, more complex pre-snap motion, misdirection, roll-outs, etc. Based on the flow of the game, running up the gut from the 3 yard line was an horrendous play call. It should have been a play with three options on a roll-out; keep it on the run, pitch to another runner or pass to the end zone.

This will piss you off more than anything. This play, you CLEARLY see they are blitzing and they are not hiding it. Damn running back in the perfect spot to take a dump pass and run for atleast 20 yards as there is no one near him. Watch the play. Milroe never fucking turns that way and in turn gets hit without seeing it and takes another big sack. The back was never an option as he glanced at him as he sent him in motion and was going flat route the entire way.

I wasn’t particularly thrilled with our series, much less the last play. Haynes had come in and provided a spark and then nothing. I don’t care for anything to the short side of the field, especially to your right with a right handed QB. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I thought that from the view behind the offense, we had something had we gotten a good snap. A few people claimed that it was an RPO, but had it been that, we would’ve had 2 linemen down field.
I think the first play may have been an RPO call but Michigan called the TO.

He could never process all that under pressure.

This will piss you off more than anything. This play, you CLEARLY see they are blitzing and they are not hiding it. Damn running back in the perfect spot to take a dump pass and run for atleast 20 yards as there is no one near him. Watch the play. Milroe never fucking turns that way and in turn gets hit without seeing it and takes another big sack. The back was never an option as he glanced at him as he sent him in motion and was going flat route the entire way.

In another thread I was talking specifically about this play. No way 65 could block two guys with that spacing. QB either has to shift the protection or dump of the the RB.

BTW Saban mentioned that the offense should have had two options to call on the last play but they only had one and it was a bad call against the defensive look that UM had. Said that was on the coaches. The question I have was that a mistake or they did not trust Milroe in that situation to check into the right call or just did not want him to think about to many things and just be an athelete which is his strength. My money was on the latter but Saban would not come out and say that so he took the bullet as a coach.

Back
Top Bottom