| FTBL Bama vs Cincy analysis

With Metchie done it is of vital importance that #19 and 81 step forward. It seems like both have taken 2 steps back, related to attitude, work habits, etc. Can someone in the “ know” elaborate here?

Actually wasnt edsel a pretty decent car. Just wrong car at wrong time.
Probably was because, like GM's Oldsmobile, it was an experimental car. My dad drove Oldsmobiles because he was willing to let them "iron out the bugs" in order for him to have a futuristic car. My reference was to the fact that Edsel never got up and running. Was in production for only three years and less than 3000 were built in the third year.

Last edited:
Probably was because, like GM's Oldsmobile, it was an experimental car. My dad drove Oldsmobiles because he was willing to let them "iron out the bugs" in order for him to have a futuristic car. My reference was to the fact that Edsel never got up and running. Was in production for only three years and less than 3000 were built in the third year.
And....was the coming of the future...Ford Mustang

Sometimes its fun to be old and remember things....isnt it!!

With Metchie done it is of vital importance that #19 and 81 step forward. It seems like both have taken 2 steps back, related to attitude, work habits, etc. Can someone in the “ know” elaborate here?
Fully agree with this at least from #19. He needs to show up and have 2 big games.

This definitely is NOT the Cincinnati that we played from 1984-1990. There is literally ZERO pressure on them. Nobody is expecting them to come close to pulling this off. Talent and depth will propel us to a two score win, even if we are a bit sloppy that day. But they are going to be playing WAY above their heads.

Even without Metchie, I still think we beat them more than 13.5 points. “Rat poison “, I know but I just don’t think they have the hosses to be competitive for 4 qtrs.

Even without Metchie, I still think we beat them more than 13.5 points. “Rat poison “, I know but I just don’t think they have the hosses to be competitive for 4 qtrs.
Do they basically have the same team back that gave UGA all they could handle in last years bowl game? Do not underestimate these guys especially with the Bama teams inconsistencies this year. Bama plays their A game we should win and maybe even big. Lets face it Bama has not always played their A game this year. Metchie being out will require getting someone ready that has not been doing it this year. We certainly have the talent but hard to replace a guy that has done it in big games.

Do they basically have the same team back that gave UGA all they could handle in last years bowl game?
How much does that play into this years game? I'm not sure how much we can draw from that game. While Cincy returned seven on offense and defense I don't think we can haphazardly just dismiss UGA was missing about that many in that game due to opt outs, injuries, and the like.

I Bet Saban isn’t looking passed this game! They will try and live on the edges because they won’t be able to run between the tackles, I see 3 step drops, short passes and QB runs. Until our Defense settles in, I believe Cindy will have some success! Roll Tide! Merry Christmas!

There's another point to consider: when you give Saban a month to prepare it's virtually impossible to beat him. He will have the team ready both mentally and physically. I think they learned something from the SEC championship game. Now I will say this: Cincinnati is no pushover and they have talent. Also Bama has so many injuries to key players. This is one of the worst injury years Bama has had. But I still think Bama dominates in this game simply because of Saban and talent. And don't forget the pressure of playing on a national stage. Cincy has never dealt with this before.

How much does that play into this years game? I'm not sure how much we can draw from that game. While Cincy returned seven on offense and defense I don't think we can haphazardly just dismiss UGA was missing about that many in that game due to opt outs, injuries, and the like.
Relates to the experience level of their returning players. They will come in with experience and belief they can play with an SEC team. Bama's offense of course is a different animal than UGA.

There's another point to consider: when you give Saban a month to prepare it's virtually impossible to beat him. He will have the team ready both mentally and physically. I think they learned something from the SEC championship game. Now I will say this: Cincinnati is no pushover and they have talent. Also Bama has so many injuries to key players. This is one of the worst injury years Bama has had. But I still think Bama dominates in this game simply because of Saban and talent. And don't forget the pressure of playing on a national stage. Cincy has never dealt with this before.
I agree Tuneman, look at his record on opening weeks and the first round of the playoffs. Only one that gave us trouble, for the most part in the first round, was Ohio State 2015. And we trounce everyone in season openers.

I know it’s easy to underestimate Cincinnati based on their level of competition this season, I find myself doing the same thing. I can sit down and talk myself into a myriad of outcomes. Regardless of what players they have returned this season we have returned some pretty damn good players ourselves, not to mention we have retired players that have playoff/championship game experience. Best case scenario Cincinnati has returned players that almost beat Georgia who under performed in a bowl game that did not mean squat.

I still say experience and the level of competition we play in our conference versus what they played just does not prepare them for this type of game. I’m sure they will give it everything they have, and they are going to be all jacked up and so on and so forth, but everybody that plays Alabama does that. The biggest issue would be our inconsistency mixed with some injuries, but the feather in our cap is Saban with over three weeks to prepare. I will take that bet all day long

As we are getting closer to the game, I've been watching Cincy's games this year. I looked at their opponents and how they played against them. Cincy is very good at creating explosive plays on 1st down. They will do anything to stay ahead of the downs. Given how our secondary played at times, Cincy will be successful at times. But, the funny thing is, the more we put Cincy in 3rd downs often, the more they wear down and start to make mistakes. Often we've said that we take away a team strongest strength and force them to play 1 way, and usually we force the team to pass the ball. In this case, We take away Cincy's passing and force them to try and run the ball more often. Ford hasn't been great against good teams. Take away the explosive plays, and force them to play short field position, eliminate the Running game, and Cincy will struggle big time. on offense.

Cincy Defense: They got few NFL starting caliber on the team. They're legit. We don't need to throw the ball a lot in this game. Just establish running game, and let Robinson and Sander run wild. Short throws, Basic plays for most part.. I think we can get away with most of basic and still score at least 37 points.

one thing I wonder is... Can Cincy truly play Alabama at full strength compared to Georgia last year when they had so many players out. The answer is no. I think they wear down as the game goes on.

Two ways how the game can plays out: We play like we did against Arkansas, LSU and we struggle but win.
We play like we did against Georgia but only better, and we blow their ass out so bad that Cincy will avoid the post game interview.

Back
Top Bottom