| FTBL Arrest made in tree poisoning

I don't post much anymore, but I want to comment on this.

Killing the trees was bad - if someone actually did it. There have been articles for years saying that the trees could die at any time due to environmental factors and the side effects of pressure washing.

...but tebuthiuron (spike 80df) inhibits photosynthesis. It would be really poisonous for "swamp thing." The stuff has been fed to cattle and lab animals. In runoff water it doesn't harm trout fry at 5 parts per million - and no way an amount that a human being could carry would even come close to approaching that. According to the research I have read on it (MSDS & Govt testing results), it is roughly 1/20th the toxicity of nicotine. Dumping a carton of cigarettes into the water table would be more dangerous.

Again, I am not saying that it was ok to kill the trees, but the idea that the perp somehow poisoned all of West Opelika is misguided.

exactly!

And we know this is an Alabama fan simply because someone claimed it on a radio show?

Fine. I am an Auburn fan and I caused the Holocaust. It's true because I said it.

Just wondering if the vandalism of Saban's lake house or the burning of the Iron Bowl score in the grass outside our stadium got as much media attention. Just sayin'.

How convenient for Auburn to release this today when this story is weeks old. Hmmm, the NCAA is down in Louisiana, Tracy Rocker leaves for the Titans, some AU player tweets about paying for a paper and the tree episode gets reported today.

This

Well after the Jersey, and after the score in the grass in front of the stadium, after the vandalism of CNS home. The same trees the rolled after bryants funeral... there is only so many times u can poke a dog and expect not to get bit. Every fan base has idiots/radicals just like with anything really. Everyone knows that. I understand that some fans (bama) are upset because it makes us look bad, but at the same time at least someone stood up and said let see how they like it. Do I think its wrong? Of course but like aubkiller said.... karma is kind of a b*tch. And before u even say "when they do something to ttown u will be calling for their heads" why yes, yes I will call for their heads. Just like this guy needs to be. As far as terrorism against au.... how about all the terrorism against ua? Terrorism is terrorism. *puts on flame proof suit* :a:

Last edited:
I'll put my 2 cents in and be done with this. The guy is an absolute moron and doesn't deserve anymore time or threads wasted on him. I'm pretty sure that this idiot will be caught within the next week or two since the FBI is involved. Using rye grass to put the score into the grass was a sophmoric prank as was taping the jersey to Bryant's statue. I didn't like either one of them but I'll live. I despise all things that represent the Barn but I would never stoop so low to poison anything, even a tree or two. Matter of fact, I like trees. I love to climb them in mid October through the end of January.

Its pathetic that someone would kill two old trees like that because they are on Auburns campus. And I cant believe some are making jokes about it and justifying it because they put a jersey on a statue or put a score in the grass. Its a football game people. No excuse to go killing trees. I hate to see what some idiot "Auburn fan" is going to do to get even thanks to this idiot "Bama fan". I'm sure it wont be pretty.

This guy deserves some kind of jail time. IMO, a year would be sufficient. After he's released, he should have to work (community service) for AU cleaning up trash and other menial tasks after ballgames for a few years.

I don't understand why he would called a "terrorist" though. He didn't poison Auburns water table. I seriously doubt the poison has migrated at all. He probably sterilized the immediate area but that can be dug up and replaced relatively easily. The tree's can't really be replaced. That's why he should pay dearly for his actions.

A jersey on a statue takes minutes to remove and leaves no lasting damage. This "prank" has the potential to kill two 130 year old live oaks (there aren't that many around BTW,) cost the taxpayers of Alabama millions of dollars, and expose thousands of people to the risk of cancer over the next 20-30 years. (And for the record I realize that it isn't highly carcinogenic, but it is carcinogenic none the less.)

It also ruins our post game celebrations. Good one Jackass! You really showed us.

I don't really associate "Al from Dadeville" with the University of Alabama or it's football team, despite his wishes. I associate him more closely with religious and political extremists that murder people to further their own ideology. His ideology happens to be a hatred for Auburn, disguised as a love for Alabama.

I picked a hell of a day to get back online.

War Damn Eagle Baby!
I agree and posted similar in the other thread. He is a radical no doubt. But I didn't hear any mobs on the prowl down on the plains for the jersey, grass, or vandalism people who did that stuff to ua. And foshman I really do enjoy reading ur posts on here. Duders as well and I already told him that. U guys are the exception to the auburn fan base.... kind of like the guy that poisoned the trees for us. ;)

Not to point out the obvious...But i think we're all not considering 1 thing.....
this could be a smear job by some wacko barner to smear Alabama fans.

It could not be more obvious. This is EXACTLY what I think it is. I find people's gullibility so funny. They believe whatever they hear an anonymous caller on Finebaum tells them.

I'm not going to repost everything I wrote on the other thread so here's a link.

http://rolltidebama.com/forum/showthread.php?81372-Bama-Fan-Wanted-for-Killing-Tree..../page3

You are comparing apples to oranges. Unless they used lead paint on Saban's lake house, which BTW is also way way way over the line and should involve jail time if the culprit's are caught (lead based paint or not.)

This person needs to be made an example of if only to keep other morons, on both sides, from doing something similar or worse.

I agree 100%. Definitely needs to be a deterrent to both sides. That's is the best thing I've read in a long time.

I do find it very interesting that the caller said Roll Damn Tide. I've never heard an Alabama fan say that in my life. Sounds too much like WDE. I've heard other versions of Roll Tide but never that one.

I hope they find the guy that did this, but I sure hope our law enforcement moves along pretty quickly from this. There are much more pressing matters to attend to. There are real murder cases that won't get as much attentions as some trees that were already dying.

Kudos to Auburn on the timing of the tree release. On a day that the media should be headlining the NCAA's investigation into Auburn's recruiting in Louisiana we get the tree headlines instead. Brilliant.

This guy deserves some kind of jail time. IMO, a year would be sufficient. After he's released, he should have to work (community service) for AU cleaning up trash and other menial tasks after ballgames for a few years.

I don't understand why he would called a "terrorist" though. He didn't poison Auburns water table. I seriously doubt the poison has migrated at all. He probably sterilized the immediate area but that can be dug up and replaced relatively easily. The tree's can't really be replaced. That's why he should pay dearly for his actions.

The terrorist label is a bit much. But I doubt a year is enough. After all he did use a fed/state regulated chemical, and the EPA aint gonna be happy.

After listening to the call into Finebaum.....I can only imagine the IQ of this POS. Total azzhat that doesnt have a clue about sportsmanship or integrity. Just a Coward...nothing more. Anyone that isnt disgusted by this is in the same league as him. Doesnt make a difference who did it or why......its just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom