| FTBL Arrest made in tree poisoning

Just wondering if the vandalism of Saban's lake house or the burning of the Iron Bowl score in the grass outside our stadium got as much media attention. Just sayin'.

How convenient for Auburn to release this today when this story is weeks old. Hmmm, the NCAA is down in Louisiana, Tracy Rocker leaves for the Titans, some AU player tweets about paying for a paper and the tree episode gets reported today.

This is more than just a landmark tree, the guy poisoned the soil around it, with "highly lethal amounts of Spike 80D". There are creeks that run underneath, everywhere. If that poison has gotten into the water somehow, it will be very dangerous.

Just wondering if the vandalism of Saban's lake house or the burning of the Iron Bowl score in the grass outside our stadium got as much media attention. Just sayin'.

How convenient for Auburn to release this today when this story is weeks old. Hmmm, the NCAA is down in Louisiana, Tracy Rocker leaves for the Titans, some AU player tweets about paying for a paper and the tree episode gets reported today.

Um thank you Mam.
^^^^^THIS IS MY COMMENT.^^^^^^
said exactly what i was thinking.
Besides....it's 2 lousy trees. Thier suposed to be an AG school.
you mean to tell me those morons can't even grow 2 trees?
I'm not going to condone it....but i won't condem it either.
Like my daddy used to say...live by the sword & die by it.
Karma is a pain in the ass ain't it?

Um thank you Mam.
^^^^^THIS IS MY COMMENT.^^^^^^
said exactly what i was thinking.
I'm not going to condone it....but i won't condem it either.
Like my daddy used to say...live by the sword & die by it.
Karma is a pain in the ass ain't it?
That's exactly what I was saying in the other thread pretty much. They (barn fans) are acting like they are lying at the foot of the cross. I don't support the act but like I said no sleep lost in my bed over it.

TripleFacePalm.jpg

Also, they might not have brought it up before getting the test results back because they hadn't yet received the test results. Does anyone honestly think they decided to sit on this info & wait for a "rainy day" so to speak? If you do, don't embarrass yourself by saying so.

Auburn kinda had it coming, somebody was eventually going to retaliate for all the stuff they did on the walk of champions.

He'll probably go to jail, but he probably wont be there long, wasnt a serious crime when you take the rivalry out of the equation. Boils down to him killing trees that werent his.

Auburn kinda had it coming, somebody was eventually going to retaliate for all the stuff they did on the walk of champions.

He'll probably go to jail, but he probably wont be there long, wasnt a serious crime when you take the rivalry out of the equation. Boils down to him killing trees that werent his.
Two people that have done this before (one in Texas) went to PRISON for 5 & 9 years respectively. Hopefully this white trash POS gets a dozen. And if THIS isn't a serious crime, then seeding the grass to show 28-27 & the Walk of Champions incident aren't crimes at all & people foolish enough to even bring them up in these threads are....foolish.

Two people that have done this before (one in Texas) went to PRISON for 5 & 9 years respectively. Hopefully this white trash POS gets a dozen. And if THIS isn't a serious crime, then seeding the grass to show 28-27 & the Walk of Champions incident aren't crimes at all & people foolish enough to even bring them up in these threads are....foolish.
That tree in texas was a public landmark recognized by the federal government. This was Toomer's Corner.

This is more than just a landmark tree, the guy poisoned the soil around it, with "highly lethal amounts of Spike 80D". There are creeks that run underneath, everywhere. If that poison has gotten into the water somehow, it will be very dangerous.

I don't post much anymore, but I want to comment on this.

Killing the trees was bad - if someone actually did it. There have been articles for years saying that the trees could die at any time due to environmental factors and the side effects of pressure washing.

...but tebuthiuron (spike 80df) inhibits photosynthesis. It would be really poisonous for "swamp thing." The stuff has been fed to cattle and lab animals. In runoff water it doesn't harm trout fry at 5 parts per million - and no way an amount that a human being could carry would even come close to approaching that. According to the research I have read on it (MSDS & Govt testing results), it is roughly 1/20th the toxicity of nicotine. Dumping a carton of cigarettes into the water table would be more dangerous.

Again, I am not saying that it was ok to kill the trees, but the idea that the perp somehow poisoned all of West Opelika is misguided.

Again, I am not saying that it was ok to kill the trees, but the idea that the perp somehow poisoned all of West Opelika is misguided.
Not saying you're wrong at all but the soil samples showed that the white trash moron used about 65 times the amount of poison necessary to kill the tree. Would such a ridiculous amount be different than if he had used, say, 1/4th that much?

Not saying you're wrong at all but the soil samples showed that the white trash moron used about 65 times the amount of poison necessary to kill the tree. Would such a ridiculous amount be different than if he had used, say, 1/4th that much?

Considering it is a photosynthesis inhibitor and not harmful to animals except in extreme high doses (even water will kill you if you drink too much), it does not matter if he used 1000 times as much.

This is interesting:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

It's intentional vandalism, plain and simple. He should suffer the consequences of his actions.

Those trees were 125 years old. What an embarrassment to all Alabama fans. The guy's a real moron.

I remember the pic of the scam Newton Jersey on the bear statue. F*** em. What goes around comes around. I don't have a problem with it. Would I do it? Probably not but I'm not losing any sleep over it either, actually got a chuckle out of it.

A jersey on a statue takes minutes to remove and leaves no lasting damage. This "prank" has the potential to kill two 130 year old live oaks (there aren't that many around BTW,) cost the taxpayers of Alabama millions of dollars, and expose thousands of people to the risk of cancer over the next 20-30 years. (And for the record I realize that it isn't highly carcinogenic, but it is carcinogenic none the less.)

It also ruins our post game celebrations. Good one Jackass! You really showed us.

I don't really associate "Al from Dadeville" with the University of Alabama or it's football team, despite his wishes. I associate him more closely with religious and political extremists that murder people to further their own ideology. His ideology happens to be a hatred for Auburn, disguised as a love for Alabama.

I picked a hell of a day to get back online.

War Damn Eagle Baby!

I'm not going to repost everything I wrote on the other thread so here's a link.

http://rolltidebama.com/forum/showthread.php?81372-Bama-Fan-Wanted-for-Killing-Tree..../page3

You are comparing apples to oranges. Unless they used lead paint on Saban's lake house, which BTW is also way way way over the line and should involve jail time if the culprit's are caught (lead based paint or not.)

This person needs to be made an example of if only to keep other morons, on both sides, from doing something similar or worse.

A jersey on a statue takes minutes to remove and leaves no lasting damage. This "prank" has the potential to kill two 130 year old live oaks (there aren't that many around BTW,) cost the taxpayers of Alabama millions of dollars, and expose thousands of people to the risk of cancer over the next 20-30 years. (And for the record I realize that it isn't highly carcinogenic, but it is carcinogenic none the less.)

It also ruins our post game celebrations. Good one Jackass! You really showed us.

I don't really associate "Al from Dadeville" with the University of Alabama or it's football team, despite his wishes. I associate him more closely with religious and political extremists that murder people to further their own ideology. His ideology happens to be a hatred for Auburn, disguised as a love for Alabama.

I picked a hell of a day to get back online.

War Damn Eagle Baby!

Well put. I agree with everything you said - except the War Damn Eagle part. :)

Back
Top Bottom