| PRO Are you "I don't watch the NFL" guys going to be pulled in tonight with Jalen, Smitty, and the Eagles?

Damn, I wish Coach Stoutland would never have left.

We see "give us Saban's all-time Bama team" posts quite a bit... and they are fun because there's so many top players at each position that it makes for a good debate. But Saban's all-time Bama staff would be something too.... talk about some heavy hitters. And yeah, Stoutland over Pendry for OL if I'm voting.

For me its tough to pull for the Eagles...past employer HQ was in Philly, spent more time in the area than I wanted, didn't meet very many "pleasant" folks, especially when they found out where I was from...kinda that broad brush deal that is being discussed in another thread, but I still like to see the Bama guys do good.

We see "give us Saban's all-time Bama team" posts quite a bit... and they are fun because there's so many top players at each position that it makes for a good debate. But Saban's all-time Bama staff would be something too.... talk about some heavy hitters. And yeah, Stoutland over Pendry for OL if I'm voting.
All time coaching staff:

Offense
OC: Steve Sarkisian
OL: Stoutland
WR: Mike Locksley
RB: Burton Burns
TE: ?

Defense
DC: Jeremey Pruitt***
OLB: Sal Sunseri
Safeties: ?
DL: Bo Davis
CBs: ?

This is off the top of my head. I'll be honest, I don't keep tabs on some of the more specialized coaching positions (IE TEs, CBs etc).

***: That is not a slight against Kirby Smart. Despite the fact he is now coaching at our biggest competitor, I don't think ill of Kirby Smart's coaching abilities. I do however believe that Jeremey Pruitt is a slightly better DC. The dude has had excellent results wherever he has been regardless of location. I think if he was still a DC, Alabama probably would've won a title in one (not all though) of these years: 2018, 2019, or 2021.

Kirby Smart benefited from Alabama's first mover advantage when Saban took college football by storm in his first 5-6 years at Alabama. Many of the SEC teams in those years ran pro style offenses, and Saban's initial style of team was specifically built to shut down those teams.

Back
Top Bottom