| FTBL A fleeting thought...as much as we've critiqued Jalen at the QB position, do you realize we're going to see him in NYC next year?

I will readily and happily admit I have done more than critique milroe, I have criticized the young man…. Today he definitely proved me wrong and I am glad he did!!!! He looked freakin fantastic today!!!! One questionable throw that was picked, but he more than made up for it in this game!!!!
RTR, Mr Milroe!!!!! I’m gladly eating my crow today!!!!!

I will readily and happily admit I have done more than critique milroe, I have criticized the young man…. Today he definitely proved me wrong and I am glad he did!!!! He looked freakin fantastic today!!!! One questionable throw that was picked, but he more than made up for it in this game!!!!
RTR, Mr Milroe!!!!! I’m gladly eating my crow today!!!!!
This is why I hate the portal. We lose the ability to watch kids grow up. This may not be a title season for the national or the SEC. But my god...this has been a fun team to watch this season.

@UAgrad93 is this game another Homer vs Rees comparison? Floating the TE's?

And, by the way, this game is a great example why you DON'T spy a QB. Give 'em their yards and regroup.

This is why I hate the portal. We lose the ability to watch kids grow up. This may not be a title season for the national or the SEC. But my god...this has been a fun team to watch this season.

@UAgrad93 is this game another Homer vs Rees comparison? Floating the TE's?

And, by the way, this game is a great example why you DON'T spy a QB. Give 'em their yards and regroup.
Very much so! Was watching some old highlights on YouTube and you saw movement from the TE/H back almost every other play. Really liking how this bunch is coming around on the offense. More and more pages of the playbook are being used with concepts that really use Milroe’s full talents.

I'm not a coach. Not a player. I'm a "read and react" guy with what I see. But god, Kevin. We were talking about these concepts.
It’s really funny to be honest, how offenses evolve and in instances like this, they step into a Time Machine and go back at least 30 years and often even longer! You see a lot of the Single Wing/ Wing T concepts now with misdirection, motion, and pulling guards. Homer Smith is looking down at this offense with a HUGE wry smile!!

I'll be honest, Milroe was definitely on my shit list earlier in the season. I didn't want to admit it after 1-2 good games but after multiple great games from him. He's just a different person since the Texas game. He's seeing the field more clearly, he's confident in his throws (Sometimes a little overconfident) and he's willing to use his legs more often than others.

One thing that I adore about him, is that he doesn't slide, he fights for extra yardage almost every time. He's giving it his all and laying his body on the line for us, and I can eat some crow here as one of the people who doubted him after that Texas showing.

And he is a son of a Navy Mother and a Marines Dad!
I did not know this but it explains alot. I certainly always knew Milroe was an elite athlete. Was just never sure if it would be enough to enable him to be a good/great QB or not. He had the physical tools but we all could see what was happening when the ball was snapped. In all fairness the OL was not helping him any. Big picture it was the perfect storm for the offense to struggle with a new OC, QB and OL in critical positions. Hindsight is 20/20 :).

I did not know this but it explains alot. I certainly always knew Milroe was an elite athlete. Was just never sure if it would be enough to enable him to be a good/great QB or not. He had the physical tools but we all could see what was happening when the ball was snapped. In all fairness the OL was not helping him any. Big picture it was the perfect storm for the offense to struggle with a new OC, QB and OL in critical positions. Hindsight is 20/20 :).
Said it during the game, I think Tess talks about.

Back
Top Bottom