| FTBL A fleeting thought...as much as we've critiqued Jalen at the QB position, do you realize we're going to see him in NYC next year?

TerryP

Staff
One of the things I don't like about the NFL and the portal is we lose the ability to watch careers progress; at one franchise or one school.

Watching Jalen this season is special. We're seeing a player that we've known was a work in progress, progress. Each week we're seeing a little more of his evolution in the position. (Credit Rees and Jalen as well here.)

Think about this for a minute. When you see Jalen make a bad play does it feel the same today as it did six weeks ago? No. Because, deep down, you know he'll bounce back.

On top of that, the kid is having fun.

NYC next year? Yeah, saying that is premature. BUT, if we continue to see the progression that we've seen this season? You might want to take a trip to your local book on pre-season odds.

The crazy thing about next year's Heisman? Sanders will be a senior.

As great as Jalen played Saturday I was surprised to see him struggle so much to throw the deep ball. That had been one of his strengths going into the game but he missed on every deep throw Saturday, I believe. The receivers were open downfield. He just missed them. But my favorite play was when he was about to get sacked and he floated that flip pass to McLellan who took it for 50 yards. That was absolutely beautiful. May have been his best play all season.

What I love about him is his fan interaction. He's happy to be here and he shows it. High fiving the fans after his touchdowns is just classy and shows he's in touch with the bedrock of the program. Just like Gibbs not only leaping into the crowd in Detroit, but actually getting in there and standing with them. It's a fun ride when the players respect the game and the fans that help make it happen.

What I love about him is his fan interaction. He's happy to be here and he shows it.
Another area I've been pointing to with his evolution: his attitude. The kid is having fun.

It reminds me of pre-season in '20. We had conversations about "watch Mac this season." We watched him "evolve."

It's my hope people aren't missing this story with Jalen. It's a fun ride if you look at it with perspective.

But my favorite play was when he was about to get sacked and he floated that flip pass to McLellan who took it for 50 yards. That was absolutely beautiful. May have been his best play all season.
Agree with you on this. It was great to see his awareness and quick thinking. He only had another 1/2 second or so before he got sacked. He improvised and turned a bad play into a great play.

Look at QB class for 2024:
I'm Not going to list all of them:

Caleb WIlliams
Drake Maye
Shedeur Sanders * I don't know where he is in most of NFL Mock Draft, but I think he would be better off going to NFL instead of staying for another year.
J.J. McCarthy
Michael Penix Jr.
Quinn Ewers
Jayden Daniels
Bo Nix

Tyler Van Dyke
Riley Leonard
Jordon Travis

Another area I've been pointing to with his evolution: his attitude. The kid is having fun.

It reminds me of pre-season in '20. We had conversations about "watch Mac this season." We watched him "evolve."

It's my hope people aren't missing this story with Jalen. It's a fun ride if you look at it with perspective.
Not only those two. AJ, Coker, GMac and the list goes on.

IMO, Milroe is Jalen Hurts-2023 edition. He’s a tremendous athlete that uses his athletic ability to make something from nothing. Most of his big passing plays are when the receiver is wide open. His stats are not eye opening. Will he make it to NY next year? Maybe. Depends on what he does (next year) and what everyone else does.

I’ve been super impressed with his progression this year, but I’m not convinced that’s he going to be a good enough QB to get to NYC next year, but I also think he may not be the starter next year.
Why do you think he's not gonna be the starter next year? You really think someone gonna beat him for starting job? Heading into off-season with a job firmly locked for next year, off-season training and developing on making reads and throwing better short passes, hell be legitimate Heisman candidate for sure.

Why do you think he's not gonna be the starter next year? You really think someone gonna beat him for starting job? Heading into off-season with a job firmly locked for next year, off-season training and developing on making reads and throwing better short passes, hell be legitimate Heisman candidate for sure.

If Sayin comes in throwing like he has shown, it'll be interesting. I get it, Freshman yadda yadda, but we only need to look back to Tua to atleast have that thought in the back of our head at the possibility. Milroe is my guy and has been, so I'm not saying it'll happen, but it could happen.

If Sayin comes in throwing like he has shown, it'll be interesting. I get it, Freshman yadda yadda, but we only need to look back to Tua to atleast have that thought in the back of our head at the possibility. Milroe is my guy and has been, so I'm not saying it'll happen, but it could happen.
Saylin likely will battle Longeran for #2 spot in spring. Tua had to sit a year didn't he?

Back
Top Bottom