| FTBL With 17 potential NFL picks, Georgia’s roster is elite. Is the throwback offense powerful enough?

Jawja has not been challenged by an elite offense so far this year. Very few have attempted to stretch the field on them or go at their safeties. When Bama played a similar style of defense the spread teams ran us from sideline to sideline until we tired out. I believe a similar strategy will be needed along with hitting them deep (the one thing we have not developed). I agree that our offensive line has to get infinity better or we will lose. Hopefully, Saban will read my comments about Kight, George and Brown rotating in more. 😉 Their offense doesn't really concern me. I don't see anything all that special honestly. Darnell Washington has morphed into a tackle. Gilbert is where? Bennett is serviceable and limits his mistakes. The o-line is slightly better than ours but only because of their size. Our o-line is definitely smaller this year and weaker at the point of attack. So if we plan on beating Jawja, we better develop the long ball, fix our o-line issues (Owens) or consider consolidating the talent to one side and consider figure out a defensive strategy to attack Bennett and the TEs.

Jawja has not been challenged by an elite offense so far this year. Very few have attempted to stretch the field on them or go at their safeties. When Bama played a similar style of defense the spread teams ran us from sideline to sideline until we tired out. I believe a similar strategy will be needed along with hitting them deep (the one thing we have not developed). I agree that our offensive line has to get infinity better or we will lose. Hopefully, Saban will read my comments about Kight, George and Brown rotating in more. 😉 Their offense doesn't really concern me. I don't see anything all that special honestly. Darnell Washington has morphed into a tackle. Gilbert is where? Bennett is serviceable and limits his mistakes. The o-line is slightly better than ours but only because of their size. Our o-line is definitely smaller this year and weaker at the point of attack. So if we plan on beating Jawja, we better develop the long ball, fix our o-line issues (Owens) or consider consolidating the talent to one side and consider figure out a defensive strategy to attack Bennett and the TEs.
Yep the OL/DL improvement must happen to compete at the elite level. Bama is still very good but we are talking championship level here.

I'll be honest, it may well be their year, but a dynasty forming? No. I've said in another thread that this year of the super- and super-duper-senior is creating more parity from the schools that don't generally produce draft picks. We've always had schools that go on a crusade (or short-sell their status) to convince their draft-worthy players to hang around another year. GA and Clemson are in that category, in my view.

Kentucky, Nebraska (bless their hearts), Iowa all benefitting. Others, like Iowa State, is improved. Still others, like Miami, have them but if you're just recycling mediocre players that's not helping - could be hurting keeping youngsters from getting playing time. I wonder if you're now seeing some super seniors' playing time declining for underperforming teams who realize they need to develop for next year, i.e., teams "opting out" their SS's.

I meandered a bit there, but I believe this year is an anomaly and many things will revert back next year.

RTR,

Tim

I'll be honest, it may well be their year, but a dynasty forming? No. I've said in another thread that this year of the super- and super-duper-senior is creating more parity from the schools that don't generally produce draft picks. We've always had schools that go on a crusade (or short-sell their status) to convince their draft-worthy players to hang around another year. GA and Clemson are in that category, in my view.

Kentucky, Nebraska (bless their hearts), Iowa all benefitting. Others, like Iowa State, is improved. Still others, like Miami, have them but if you're just recycling mediocre players that's not helping - could be hurting keeping youngsters from getting playing time. I wonder if you're now seeing some super seniors' playing time declining for underperforming teams who realize they need to develop for next year, i.e., teams "opting out" their SS's.

I meandered a bit there, but I believe this year is an anomaly and many things will revert back next year.

RTR,

Tim

Yep, sadly I think it's their turn. After this year I cannot see sustained dominance. They played with the base of this team for three years now and caught Alabama, Ohio State, and Clemson during rebuilding campaigns. Georgia has recruited well, but no experience outside of what we see on the field. I won't say they haven't earned it to this point as they are dominating when they need to, and their quarterback is playing as well as he needs to and has probably elevated his game a bit.

Back
Top Bottom