| FTBL A fleeting thought...as much as we've critiqued Jalen at the QB position, do you realize we're going to see him in NYC next year?

This forum sure can swing to extremes, Milroe is worthless to he is a heisman candidate to he will not even be the starter. Whiplash!!!! Just let the kid play and get better and better. The rest will take care of itself in due time.

It has always been obvious Milroe was an incredible athlete. Question has always been the QB IQ and making good choices and accuracy. That all takes time. Not everyone will be BY. Matter of fact we have only had one of those.

Right handed QB sprinting to his left is a hard throw to begin with. He has got to get his shoulders turned. It’s even harder if it isn’t part of your daily practice routine or in your playbook.
Right you are Coach. Thing is, this tells us he’s not a natural. Great athlete but still needs much coaching/work.

Lot of takes on Milroe and no one don't understand that going into offseason as a starter will help Milroe in many way. Hurts got better. Tua got better. Young got better.
I’m hoping that’s the case. He is super athletic and fun to watch run the ball. He’s got a great attitude and is a great ambassador of the school/program. The way he threw the ball against LSU was a little scary. An average to good defense picks off 2-3 of those throws.

I’m hoping that’s the case. He is super athletic and fun to watch run the ball. He’s got a great attitude and is a great ambassador of the school/program. The way he threw the ball against LSU was a little scary. An average to good defense picks off 2-3 of those throws.
What was little scary about the way he was throwing the ball against LSU? I've seen you mentioned that last few days. Can you give us an example of what you're talking about? There was two where he threw into the coverage.... But taht's about it.

What was little scary about the way he was throwing the ball against LSU? I've seen you mentioned that last few days. Can you give us an example of what you're talking about? There was two where he threw into the coverage.... But taht's about it.
The two I recall that made me nervous was the deep throw on the post pattern (I think it was to #3 but not certain). He was well covered. The other was to Bonds on hook pattern in the flat. After looking at that the replay the ball was thrown to the outside so the CB would have had to go through Bonds to get to the ball.

The two I recall that made me nervous was the deep throw on the post pattern (I think it was to #3 but not certain). He was well covered. The other was to Bonds on hook pattern in the flat. After looking at that the replay the ball was thrown to the outside so the CB would have had to go through Bonds to get to the ball.

Dude, all quarterbacks have throws like that. Tom Brady threw interceptions you know. It's one thing if he's doing that every series or game, but another with one throw every so often trusting his receiver to make a play.

Right you are Coach. Thing is, this tells us he’s not a natural. Great athlete but still needs much coaching/work.
Hardest drill I ever had to do was rolling out to my right (I’m a lefty) get that right shoulder turned and pointed to the target and let it fly. Homer Smith taught us to chop your feet in an attempt to slow your momentum so you could get those shoulders pointed downhill. As for Milroe, it all will come with the more reps he gets.

Dude, all quarterbacks have throws like that. Tom Brady threw interceptions you know. It's one thing if he's doing that every series or game, but another with one throw every so often trusting his receiver to make a play.
I get it. Just pointing out the two throws that made me nervous/cringe when he threw it. Not expecting Milroe to never have another interception. I will say on the deep throw he had a better option as there was a check down receiver open as I recall.

Lot of takes on Milroe and no one don't understand that going into offseason as a starter will help Milroe in many way. Hurts got better. Tua got better. Young got better.
Simpson will get better, Buchner will get better, Lonergan will get better, Holstein will get better, Sayin will get better too. Spring is the time to improve.

Great point here. I'm glad you brought it up.

Here's an area where we've seen him develop through this season. There are still passes that aren't sharp: by any means. BUT, these passes that are off mark are also passes where it's a reception or incompletion: he's not throwing into as many dangerous situations as he was six weeks ago.

While he's still not as accurate as we'd like (still, right at 65%) he's also starting to place the ball in the right area.

Back
Top Bottom