| RECRUIT ALABAMA'S 2020 Signing Class - Wednesday opens final signing days

The Southern 120: See updated Class of 2020 rankings (AL.com)

Who's No. 1 on AL.com’s recruiting rankings for the Class of 2020 in the 10-state SEC footprint? See who moved up and who moved down.

B7QM7L4RERHNBH7UAIG5LSJXEE.jpg

The Southern 120: Inside 2020 recruiting cycle (AL.com)

Elite DL talks return trip to Bama with decision approaching (BamaOnLine | segments)
quote:
9556916.jpg

Arguably Alabama’s biggest visitor of the weekend in terms of remaining targets, McKinnley Jackson, made his way back to Tuscaloosa on Saturday for an unofficial visit. “It was real fun. It was kind of like another official visit, but it was unofficial. Just got the feel for what’s the plan for me if I go to Bama.”

The four-star defensive lineman spent the night in T-Town before leaving on Sunday morning. The visit capped off a long weekend spent with the Tide both at home and on campus. On Friday, Pete Golding and defensive line coach Brian Baker were in Mississippi to visit with Jackson.

The visit to UA this weekend marked the third time Jackson has been to the Capstone since September. He talked about the conversation had with the UA head coach over the weekend. “Just the plan for me if I go to Alabama on and off the field,” Jackson said. “They want to put me on the field, helping me be the best I can be.”

The All-American defender has visited Bama many times in the past before that. “All my questions for Alabama have been answered every time from my freshman year until now,” he said. “I really don’t have anymore questions. It’s just going to be about where I feel best.”

With Sunday evening’s developments surrounding the potential addition of former Alabama linebacker and current Ole Miss assistant Freddie Roach to the Crimson Tide’s staff, it should be noted that Roach is the primary recruiter for Jackson from the Rebels staff and a coach he has a strong relationship with. "Coach Roach is the guy. He's the man," Jackson said in an interview last month.

With two weekends to go until National Signing Day, Jackson will be at LSU next before rounding out his official visit slate at Texas A&M at the end of the month. He says there won’t be any mid-week official visits. Both Alabama and Auburn already hosted the four-star DL on officials in the fall.

“I knew it was going to get crazy, but I didn’t want to let it get to my head,” he said of his recruitment of late. “It’s all about just management of it, equalizing everything out.” Jackson added the race for his signature is down to Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU and Auburn. Nick Saban is expected in Mississippi on Thursday to visit Jackson.

Rivals is releasing their final 2020 rankings this week.

Top 10 (video)

1. Bryan Bresee
2. Bryce Young
3. DJ Uiagelelei
4. Myles Murphy
5. Broderick Jones
6. Elias Ricks
7. Kelee Ringo
8. Justin Flowe
9. Arik Gilbert
10. Noah Sewell

Updated 2020 Rivals 100

Targets/commits/signees/interesting rankings:

2. Bryce Young (+1)
13. Zach Evans (+16)
17. Jordan Burch (-9)
20. Jaxon Smith-Njigba (Ennis Rakestraw, Jr. shut his ass down)
22. Will Anderson (+137)
24. Chris Braswell

32. Darnell Washington (-15, but still a 5-star)
34. Demouy Kennedy (-12, but still a 5-star)
35. Kayshon Boutte (+29)
37. Drew Sanders (-3)
42. Tim Smith (+28)
65. Jase McClellan (-5)

70. Jahmyr Gibbs
72. McKinnley Jackson (+11)
73. Phillip Webb (-31)
82. Brian Branch (-3)
90. Roydell Williams (+2)
94. Quandarrius Robinson (-25)

95. Antoine Sampah (-55)

Rivals Rankings Week: Updated Rivals100 sees four new five-stars

quote:
NEW FIVE-STARS

There are four new five stars added to the 2020 class led by Alabama signee William Anderson. Our analysts break them down.

“Anderson has been ranked around the top 150 in the country for months, but when we saw his senior tape in December combined with his performance in San Antonio at All-American Bowl week, we saw one of the premiere pass rushers in the country. The Alabama signee has a great get-off, he can bend around the edge and he closes on the quarterback very well. He has a non-stop motor, he uses his hands, he plays hard and he has the versatility to play with his hand down or standing up. It is scary to think what he can develop into at Alabama.” — Chad Simmons, Rivals.com Southeast Recruiting Analyst

Mind of Mike: Farrell's thoughts on new Rivals100

quote:
... There were many top positional battles in the 2020 class that will be remembered. Here’s how each position broke down.

quote:
QuarterbackYoung barely beat out Uiagalelei in one of the better battles in recent years and it came down to game performance. Uiagalelei has a higher ceiling with his size and similar mobility to Young but Young has that something about him that makes you feel you’re watching the next great small quarterback. This shows how much things have changed from the days when Russell Wilson was a two-star that everyone wanted to turn into a wide receiver to now. Harrison Bailey was the other five-star quarterback in the class but he’s far from Young and Uiagalelei when it comes to long-term potential. He’s very good, but he wasn’t in the discussion for top quarterback.

quote:
DE William Anderson - The non-stop effort along with the closing speed make Anderson a special prospect and the kind of player who can change games. He’s Tim Williams to me, but stronger against the run and at the point of attack.

DT Gervon Dexter - Dexter could play defensive end or defensive tackle and takes on double teams well with the use of his hands. His balance is excellent and he can get after the passer.

CB Jaylon Jones - Jones is a big cornerback who could also play safety at the next level and has excellent range and ball skills. He’s not quite at the same level as Jalen Ramsey was out of high school but his versatility is reminiscent.

QB Harrison Bailey - Bailey is a tough comparison because he does everything well but doesn’t stand out in one particular area. However he’s just a winner and a leader, and he will compete early for a starting job. He has improved his ability to improvise and extend the play and that’s crucial.

And how about those we debated long and hard about when it came to five-stars? Here are some we could regret.

quote:
WR Kayshon Boutte - OK, people keep saying I don’t think he’s fast. Boutte is plenty fast as proven by his track times. He also catches the ball effortlessly. However, on the football field he lacks that elite burst we look for in a wide receiver who has good but average size. But I get a feeling I’m going to regret this one.

TE Michael Mayer - Mayer will likely have a very good college career and beyond that become an NFL standout which is why I’ll be happy we have him so highly-ranked. But is he that freaky, elite athlete at the tight end position that warrants a fifth star? He falls just short.

DT Timothy Smith - I’m including him here because I think Smith is a five-star. I would have loved to see him dominate at an all-star game to prove it to others so let’s keep an eye on him. This is how I like my defensive tackles out of high school — athletic and an elite pass rusher.

OT Walker Parks - Parks has that build you want as an offensive tackle heading into college because he can add a lot of good weight and get stronger each year. We look back at some of the recent first-rounders at the position and many weren’t massive in high school. Parks is one to keep an eye on.

LB Drew Sanders - Sanders is a long and athletic linebacker in a great year at the top for the position. He could grow into a hybrid and he makes a ton of plays. He could be one of those guys who fell short because we didn’t get a final eval.

Updated 247 Composite Rankings After Rivals100 Release

5. QB Bryce Young - Up 1
17. WDE Chris Braswell - No Change
23. OLB Drew Sanders - Down 2
33. WDE Will Anderson - Up 45
39. ILB Demouy Kennedy - Down 5
46. RB Jase McClellan - Down 3
59. OLB Quandarrius Robinson - Down 13
60. S Brian Branch - Down 2

72. DE Alfred Collins - Down 1
78. DT Timothy Smith - Up 7
86. RB Roydell Williams - No Change