| RECRUIT ALABAMA'S 2020 Signing Class - Wednesday opens final signing days

That seems like a terrible decision for the TE with a 5-star in the class most won’t want you on the field

I wonder what that 5* things about Coach BowlCut taking a transfer for his spot. There was a rumor that Washington lead Nick to believe he was signing with Bama in doing so a TE out of the Sip that Bama was going to take if Washington went elsewhere was told Bama was full and that kid went to the Barn. That was the rumor.

9593448.jpg

4* OC Sedrick Van Pran 6-4/305 LA hudl GA

uga commit visiting UA Jan 17

All-American Bowl Final Cut: Alabama WR commit Javon Baker (247Sports | segment)

9602632.jpeg

quote:
247Sports brings fans the final cut from the 2020 All-American Bowl featuring Powder Springs (Ga.) McEachern 4-star WR and Alabama commit Javon Baker. Check out video at the top of the nation's No. 137 overall player per the 247Sports Composite Rankings. 247Sports lists him as the No. 195 overall talent in the 2020 class.

The 6-1, 196-pounder chose the Crimson Tide over scholarship offers from Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Michigan, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Tennessee and many others. Baker has yet to sign with the Tide and seems to be heavily considering the Razorbacks as well, as February’s National Signing Day quickly approaches.

As a senior, Baker had 58 catches for 629 yards and 11 scores. . . (more)

Bama commit sets SEC official visit (BamaOnLine | segment)

9594644.jpg

quote:
Alabama wide receiver commit Javon Baker did not sign with the Crimson Tide in December as he works to finish some academic requirements, and told BamaOnLine at the All-American Bowl that he was considering taking official visits elsewhere before National Signing Day on Feb. 5.

As we've already reported, the Powder Springs (Ga.) McEachern product plans to officially visit the Capstone this upcoming weekend. Now, a new date is set for Arkansas on Jan. 24, Baker tells BOL on Tuesday.

The four-star pass catcher has planned on taking visits on and off throughout his recruitment with Arkansas and LSU being two of the programs brought up the most. Baker continues to maintain he's "95 percent" committed to Alabama, a stance he's kept since the summer.

“Just how their receivers are going to the league and how they’ve changed their offense," Baker said recently of what keeps him solid. "They have the best receivers there.”

4* WR Javon Baker 6-1/190 GA hudl

MCKINNLEY JACKSON, 4-STAR DT, LUCEDALE (MISS.) GEORGE COUNTY
9601307.jpeg

Lucedale, Miss. will be a popular stop for several coaching staffs over the course of the next few weeks. Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, Oregon, and Texas A&M are all in the mix for the four-star All-American who intends to announce his final decision on Feb. 5. The Tide and the in-state Tigers both got Jackson on campus in the fall for official visits (Jackson returned to Tuscaloosa for the LSU game on an unofficial visit) and have long been considered top choices of the Magnolia State standout. LSU, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M are expected to get Jackson on campus officially the next three weekends. Jackson says he'd like to return to UA at some point on an unofficial visit, and potentially to Georgia on an unofficial visit, unless the Bulldogs are able to secure an official visit should Jackson opt to change up his schedule. Ask five people which way this one is trending and you might get five different answers. Alabama is very highly thought of in Jackson's camp. Nick Saban will go in-home with the four-star DL this month.

McKinnley Jackson updates visit schedule (BamaOnLine | segments)
quote:
9601307.jpeg

McKinnley Jackson is one of the most sought after recruits remaining in the 2020 class. The 4-star DT from Lucedale (MS) George County has visits left to take this month before announcing his final decision on Feb. 5.

Jackson, who's already officially visited Alabama and Auburn in the fall, had visits set for LSU, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M in that order the next three weekends. On Wednesday, Jackson told BamaOnLine that one of those trips is no longer planned. "Ole Miss is off," Jackson said.

With new offers from Georgia and Oregon in the last six weeks, will another program get that Jan. 24-26 slot? "No, I’m just gonna sit home and get ready for my next official visit," Jackson replied. The Mississippi native had previously said he might take some unofficial visits, potentially back to Alabama or to see Georgia. We'll see if those end up coming to fruition.

UPDATE 1/16: Jackson will now officially visit LSU on Jan. 24-26, per Geaux247's Shea Dixon. The Ole Miss visit is still no longer expected to happen.

Tide adds elite 2020 DL target to weekend visitors list (BamaOnLine | segments)
quote:
9349645.jpg

It's not just official visitors expected on campus this weekend in Tuscaloosa. Four-star prospect and All-American DT McKinnley Jackson confirms to BOL he'll take an unofficial visit to Bama this weekend after rescheduling his official visit to LSU to Jan. 24-26 (he'll also official to Texas A&M on Jan. 31-Feb 2). This after defensive coordinator Pete Golding and defensive line coach Brian Baker visited with the Magnolia State standout on Friday. . .

“Things don’t change between me and Bama,” Jackson recently told BOL. “It’s like family there. Coach (Brian) Baker, Coach Golding, those are all my guys. They’ll take care of me. They understand what I want in my future, and they’ll try to help me accomplish those goals if I go to Bama.”

“Winning is the standard,” Jackson said. “But it’s not just winning on the field, it’s off the field being disciplined, handling business in school, outside of school, making yourself a better man, a better person, just elements of a human being. Being the best you can be. Not being the best is not acceptable at Bama.” .

Back
Top Bottom