| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
If there is any bit of truth to this and it comes to fruition, HOLY SHIT!!! Iowa defenses have always been tough as nails and damn good too. I imagine Parker is finally getting tired of his defense having to carry that archaic 1980’s offense!!
Would love to have him, but he's been extremely loyal to that program.... so I do not see him coming, hopefully I'm wrong. Still some other candidates out there we could pursue, Jim Leonhard would be one, Kenny Norton Jr, etc...
It'll be interesting to see what direction we go for the position, he may bring in his own guy(honestly hope not). I was gonna put Schumann on this list, but I don't think he'd ever gonna leave Kirby. I've given up on him returning to Alabama until I physically see his ass there.

I've heard so far Roach and Gillespie are being retained on staff. Haven't heard anything about
Bala. Outside of those 3 I don't expect anyone else is being retained.

As people have reported it's likely everyone else comes from Washington with DeBoer.

I've heard so far Roach and Gillespie are being retained on staff. Haven't heard anything about
Bala. Outside of those 3 I don't expect anyone else is being retained.

As people have reported it's likely everyone else comes from Washington with DeBoer.
He can leave the DC there. Washington was 96th in Total Defense and 54th in Scoring Defense.

The rumors are wild right now... some with validity to them, some not.

I noticed that. Why would he be anywhere. He hadn't entered transfer portal
Not sure which ones that are valid here, I know Georgia's trying to back-channel and tamper with him and OSU players are trying to get him to portal but other than that. I don't think there's any actual movement of Downs.

A lot of the speculation on OSU side revolves around Downs being friends with a few of their players. The issue is that he was friends with them on IG last year too he didn't add any friends but Will Howard followed him on IG recently which drove up some rumors that he was definitely going to OSU. Downs did not follow him back.

The Georgia ones have some more legs but they involve his like for Trob and Kirby and that Georgia fans just think everyone wants to be on their team much like Texas folks do. I've heard Kirby literally went to Buford high yesterday to speak with the coach to have the coach call Downs and try to persuade him to move on from Bama. Not sure if he took the call or if Downs is considering it seriously.

Texas is purely bs rumors as is Oregon. I think even Auburn fans think he's coming there at this point.

This all started because a random guy on a Bama message board posted that downs had already submitted his transfer paper work. He said this yesterday just before DeBoer was announced I believe was the timeframe. As you can tell, he never entered the transfer portal so that was bogus.

Of course some of the crazy Georgia and OSU people ran rampant with it so much so that even OSU and Georgia players started reaching out to recruit him. Except it wasn't true so nothing really came of all of it.

@Brandon Van de Graaff fill me in here if I'm off on any of this but I think this about sums up how the rumor mill swirled and created a shit storm.

As far as I know. Downs has some really close friends on the team, Jalen Milroe and Malachai Moore, doesn't mean he might not make the jump eventually if he believes it's in his best interest but from what I can tell he isn't jumping unless the DC or DB coach is somebody he doesn't like.

Not sure which ones that are valid here, I know Georgia's trying to back-channel and tamper with him and OSU players are trying to get him to portal but other than that. I don't think there's any actual movement of Downs.

A lot of the speculation on OSU side revolves around Downs being friends with a few of their players. The issue is that he was friends with them on IG last year too he didn't add any friends but Will Howard followed him on IG recently which drove up some rumors that he was definitely going to OSU. Downs did not follow him back.

The Georgia ones have some more legs but they involve his like for Trob and Kirby and that Georgia fans just think everyone wants to be on their team much like Texas folks do. I've heard Kirby literally went to Buford high yesterday to speak with the coach to have the coach call Downs and try to persuade him to move on from Bama. Not sure if he took the call or if Downs is considering it seriously.

Texas is purely bs rumors as is Oregon. I think even Auburn fans think he's coming there at this point.

This all started because a random guy on a Bama message board posted that downs had already submitted his transfer paper work. He said this yesterday just before DeBoer was announced I believe was the timeframe. As you can tell, he never entered the transfer portal so that was bogus.

Of course some of the crazy Georgia and OSU people ran rampant with it so much so that even OSU and Georgia players started reaching out to recruit him. Except it wasn't true so nothing really came of all of it.

@Brandon Van de Graaff fill me in here if I'm off on any of this but I think this about sums up how the rumor mill swirled and created a shit storm.

As far as I know. Downs has some really close friends on the team, Jalen Milroe and Malachai Moore, doesn't mean he might not make the jump eventually if he believes it's in his best interest but from what I can tell he isn't jumping unless the DC or DB coach is somebody he doesn't like.

Replied over on the portal thread...

Back
Top Bottom