| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
DeBoer isn’t retaining everyone from the old staff. He will have some of his own that follow him to T’town. He will be thorough, but also quick since he is dealing with the livelihood of others.
Before Curry bolted for Kentucky way back in the day, I recall Coach Homer Smith storming into Curry’s office and demanded he make a decision quick so these assistants could get on with their lives and not be stuck in a holding pattern.
Losing t Robinson to Georgia really hurt.

There are several people on here who are kinda the leaders of this board that have been relatively quiet regarding this hire. Would love to know y'all's opinion on the hire as well as the general feel of the hire within the football program.

In my opinion, it was a very good to great hire. An unfortunate fact about any hire we made is that we were/are going to lose some very good coaches and players. Hopefully, DeBoer can convince most of the players to trust him and his process. As far as retaining coaches, he has to have a staff that he is comfortable with regardless of who is not kept.

2024 is definitely going to be interesting with battles for starting positions due to different coaching philosophies and the portal. Recruiting might not be where we think it should be. The off-season and season will definitely feel different but hopefully DeBoer can continue the success that Alabama has had.

There are several people on here who are kinda the leaders of this board that have been relatively quiet regarding this hire. Would love to know y'all's opinion on the hire as well as the general feel of the hire within the football program.

In my opinion, it was a very good to great hire. An unfortunate fact about any hire we made is that we were/are going to lose some very good coaches and players. Hopefully, DeBoer can convince most of the players to trust him and his process. As far as retaining coaches, he has to have a staff that he is comfortable with regardless of who is not kept.

2024 is definitely going to be interesting with battles for starting positions due to different coaching philosophies and the portal. Recruiting might not be where we think it should be. The off-season and season will definitely feel different but hopefully DeBoer can continue the success that Alabama has had.

Tag them with an @ in front of their names so they'll see it and respond.

For me, it's just like those first few days after Oats was announced. I knew of his team. I'd seen them in the tourney and a game or two here and there. I didn't know anything about his staff other than from a distance.

I knew who Fresno State was when DeBoer was there. I didn't know anything about the staff. When he was hired at UW I realized, "oh, that guy." But I still didn't know a lot about him or his staff other than watching UW play a few times this past two years.

When his name popped up and developed so quickly this past few days it was another, "oh, that guy."

I knew of his NAIA titles. I didn't know UW was 10-1 against ranked opponents the last two years.

I knew he had a hell of a record, but didn't know it was 104-12.

To answer your question? I'm just beginning to learn about these guys. So far, I like what I see. Quite a bit, in fact.

There's a post in one of these threads where I gave Brandon a link to Twitter with an analyst breaking down CKD's passing routes and schemes. I've watched some game highlights and you can see how he schemes his receivers open but they are given a lot of leeway to find the open areas. There are "Sark-like" tendencies in his scheme.

I am excited for the hire! DeBoer has won at every stop. I am anxious to see what he can do with our troops once he gathers his assistants and we see what players stay with the team and which ones leave. Hopefully, Bond decides to leave the portal and stay with us. RTR!

Loved the "Kellen Debeers" press conference. Love the fact that he is openly inviting Nick for advice and included Nick in his statement. He seemed really sincere especially in his love for his former players. Looking forward to him leading Alabama in continuing to be a very successful program

I am excited for the hire! DeBoer has won at every stop. I am anxious to see what he can do with our troops once he gathers his assistants and we see what players stay with the team and which ones leave. Hopefully, Bond decides to leave the portal and stay with us. RTR!
The more I see, the more I like. Granted we still need to see his staff, the player response to his offseason program and what happens during Spring practice, but the signs are positive.

Back
Top Bottom