| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
My biggest concern with this is the fact that he has no connections or experience in this area of the country at all. I have a feeling he's going to get eaten alive in recruiting.
If you'll think about this you'll find a lot of coaches in the mid and upper mid west who do a great job of understanding people and their culture. Hell, we may have to have someone explain to him that hamburgers and hot dogs and the grill ISN'T a BBQ.

However, I trust a small town guy like him a lot more than I would have a guy what was hired out of the heart of Boston or Chicago. One knows people, the others tend to grow up avoiding them.

??? Vacancies?
DeBoer isn’t retaining everyone from the old staff. He will have some of his own that follow him to T’town. He will be thorough, but also quick since he is dealing with the livelihood of others.
Before Curry bolted for Kentucky way back in the day, I recall Coach Homer Smith storming into Curry’s office and demanded he make a decision quick so these assistants could get on with their lives and not be stuck in a holding pattern.

I went with a friend and his son. Took some photos for our RTB Facebook page. I’ll try to upload some video later tonight or in the morning. May have to edit it, not sure how it turned out.

Just “some” of the crowd…

View attachment 26940

Thanks for being there @Brandon Van de Graaff. I “thought” about making a quick trip down😂but the weather wasn’t my friend!!!! I am really excited about this hire!!!!!!!!

If you'll think about this you'll find a lot of coaches in the mid and upper mid west who do a great job of understanding people and their culture. Hell, we may have to have someone explain to him that hamburgers and hot dogs and the grill ISN'T a BBQ.

However, I trust a small town guy like him a lot more than I would have a guy what was hired out of the heart of Boston or Chicago. One knows people, the others tend to grow up avoiding them.
Yeah, growing up in Milbank, Fairmont or Moro Bottom can teach you more about people, commitments and relationships than a big city.

Thanks, @HossSezRTR ! Eighteen messages in a little over fifteen years. Post more, just hopefully not about any coaching searches in the near future

I hereby resolve not be such a blabbermouth from here on! lol Looking forward to the CKD era, and let's hope it will be at least another 17 years before there's any more discussion about a coaching search!

@Brandon Van de Graaff ...

Couple of things. When I first saw his picture I couldn't place who he looked like. I mentioned it to a friend and he said Steve Stricker 20 years ago.

Then it dawned on me. Look at Whisenhunt.

That led to another little epiphany. If you look at how the two coach, I see Ken having a lot of input. A LOT.

View attachment 26945

I think he certainly would if he stuck around... I think he's likely leaving.

I think he certainly would if he stuck around... I think he's likely leaving.
I was referring to the hiring process: not the next staff.

There is a huge shift in philosophy—if we see the team follow his UW style they are all "pass to set up the run."

I also remember playing Fresno State A LOT in the 'book here when he was coaching there. Those teams played a smash mouth style.

Passing concepts and route trees broken down here.

Back
Top Bottom