| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Alabama defeats Auburn, 79-75, to take early lead in the SEC race

Saw my post and immediately kicked off this performance

His two putbacks brought the roof down.

I picked up my youngest in Hoover and we slogged over, traffic was a pain, and I think I owe the lighting guy dinner for holding the game for us. cow patty load of aubrun fans, had to shoo two out of our seats. Foy presentation was low key, no Saban, although DeBoer was in the house, I think keeping an eye on Milroe. As has been said, Bama started incredibly slow and cold in both halves, missing gimmes and giving the barn uninhibited looks. Our run of threes, along with perhaps our most complete three minutes of the season going into the half, turned the game. Another slow start, with even more unmarked shooters, was the second half. Free throws sealed it, and that foul on the barn three was bogus - he should've been called for tripping. The video review allowed our neighbors to make a run for it before rammer jammer, but they were not out of earshot.

Roll Tide.

Last night was a huge win against a very good Auburn team. We can look like a million dollars for 5 minutes and then look like we have never been on a basketball court for 5 minutes. BB is a game of runs and last night, despite multiple turnovers and some bad shot selection, we were able to pull out a victory.

Last night was a huge win against a very good Auburn team. We can look like a million dollars for 5 minutes and then look like we have never been on a basketball court for 5 minutes. BB is a game of runs and last night, despite multiple turnovers and some bad shot selection, we were able to pull out a victory.
Unfortunately with the pace that Oats wants to play at, it's always going to be very jekyll and hyde. Because of how the system is and how they're coached, a lot of times they're not thinking about how dangerous a pass is, or valuing the quality of possession. It's why Alabama throws up some ridiculous low % shots around the rim. Oats wants them to play at a ridiculous pace and to have guys fight around for the boards when they miss. Izzo and Michigan State are a lot like this.

Just FYI...

1706201248244.png

boom-iron-man-explosion-d7qyoestc5b3f94v.gif

(Please pardon the terrible grammar; I didn't make the meme.)

Crowd sounded LOUD on the radio broadcast. Unfortunately, you could also hear way too many auburn fans... I wish nothing but the worst of things on these TP emembers that sell their tickets to auburn fans. And that little Kaite Johnson bitch, even Chris Stewart hates him, and Chris Stewart likes everyone... which is telling. Great win though against a really good auburn team.

Broome just jawed and laughed in Wague's face. We got a T for a taunt earlier this season. Nothing on that, yet the stripes stopped the game to review... nothing when he whined about something. Come on...

Broome still should have been T'd, but I have been told and shown more than once today that Wague got away with stomping Broome (or some barner). I didn't see it; I don't think ESPN's people caught it; otherwise, we would have seen that repeatedly last night.

Crowd sounded LOUD on the radio broadcast. Unfortunately, you could also hear way too many auburn fans... I wish nothing but the worst of things on these TP emembers that sell their tickets to auburn fans. And that little Kaite Johnson bitch, even Chris Stewart hates him, and Chris Stewart likes everyone... which is telling. Great win though against a really good auburn team.
It got really loud at times, during our strong first half finish it was quite loud, but the loudest was after that bogus three point foul at the end. The place went ballistic. A large number of aubrun fans there, I had more in my row, and the two rows above and below me than Bama fans. They were loud at times.

At least TP members don't sell their football tickets to auburn fans, or if any do, it's not enough to make a huge difference. That's why Iron Bowls in football are SO drastically different depending on which school's turn it is to host it. Whenever the game is at the devil's lair in Opelika, their team feeds off of the fans which make up 95% of those in attendance. But when the game is in Tuscaloosa, it's obviously mostly Bama fans, and what few fans the barn brings aren't nearly enough for them to feed off of and get that same voodoo energy going that they do at jerky hair. I've been following Bama basketball since the early 1980's and I have NEVER seen so many barners at Coleman Coliseum as there were last night. And that includes even the late Hobbs years and early Gottfried years when we were absolutely horrendous.

I didn't think it sounded loud at all on TV. It really had me wondering if ESPN was toying with the sound.

I haven't watched on TV yet, but it never sounds as loud on there. I don't think they turn their mics (the ones around the court) up very much. The radio team has at least 3, one on the broadcast table and one on each goal. They capture the noise really well... in a big game, it makes it feel like you're there with the way Chris Stewart broadcasts and lets the crowd help tell the story.

Yep, this Johnson guy has been playing for the barn the past 2 - 3 years. I would say he thinks very highly of himself.

Unfortunately with the pace that Oats wants to play at, it's always going to be very jekyll and hyde. Because of how the system is and how they're coached, a lot of times they're not thinking about how dangerous a pass is, or valuing the quality of possession. It's why Alabama throws up some ridiculous low % shots around the rim. Oats wants them to play at a ridiculous pace and to have guys fight around for the boards when they miss. Izzo and Michigan State are a lot like this.
This!!! It is why Oats system only works with Elite D. Maybe you could say that about any stystem but even more with Oats to be able to make it through stretches of turnovers and bad shooting nights.

This!!! It is why Oats system only works with Elite D. Maybe you could say that about any stystem but even more with Oats to be able to make it through stretches of turnovers and bad shooting nights.
We've been watching this scheme for a few years now and I am beginning to think this isn't correct.

His system works based on pace more so than elite defense. The defense is a "side effect."

Don't get me wrong here. A lot starts with pressure but it's more about demanding they play at Bama's pace. When a team gets off their pace, they make mistakes. It looks like good defense.

The spacing is getting better. We're starting to see more crash the boards.

Back
Top Bottom