| GAME THREAD Alabama Cruises to 45-20 Victory over Kansas State in Allstate Sugar Bowl

Vaughn has had a great season for them and got 100 yards against us. For some reason I went back and looked at Barry Sanders last season, because Vaughn’s stature reminds me of Sanders. Insane numbers! And in only 11 games! Imagine if he’d played 15 games that season. Could have rushed for over 3,500 yards in the one season.

DEE4AD2B-58AE-4B25-ADD6-41D091DC8D34.jpeg

Alright alright Pete Golding is calling a good second half now. I'll eat my crow.
Don't jump the gun. My main gripe with him is consistency. Playing great now, but where was this all season? Forcing turnovers, playing their gaps and playing downhill, making open field tackles.... I'm happy they're playing well right now, but he's still not shown that he can maintain this. I want him to do well, but he's not shown consistency yet. If he does come back, maybe this will carry over into next year. I still want Schumann though.

I know there are a number of folks on this board who don’t think bowl games matter in determining the best conferences. Others don’t care if any SEC teams win their bowl games, they only care about Bama winning. But members of college sports media care and so too do the voters. The final rankings have an impact on the following season’s early rankings and those early games impact strength of schedule valuations. Right now, the SEC is 2-6 with Kentucky losing and Bama’s in a tight one. We may want to revisit this topic in August to see. As for me, I hope the SEC wins out with one 0exception … for the first time ever I’m not pulling for the SEC team in the hunt for a NC to win their game(s). The pups obnoxious fans have pushed me over to the dark side! Though so far this season, UGA has looked like a Bama team of the 2008-2012 era while Bama has looked like a UGA team under Richt. Now it might be the players or Pete and Bill or a combination of both. As 94Grad said, we don’t have enough info to know for sure. But that’s what fans do … we speculate based upon the eye test and anecdotal evidence when little empir exists. And the eye test sees players looking out of place and confused a bunch. That should be happening this late in the season.

Back
Top Bottom