| FTBL Alabama legend to join Sugar Bowl radio broadcast as sideline reporter

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Alabama legend to join Sugar Bowl radio broadcast as sideline reporter

BCS national championship trophy

Former Alabama running back Mark Ingram (22) will be the sideline reporter for the Alabama radio broadcast of the Sugar Bowl. (Press-Register/ Bill Starling) BN

A familiar voice will join the Alabama radio broadcast of Saturday’s Sugar Bowl.

Former Crimson Tide star Mark Ingram will be the sideline reporter on the Crimson Tide Radio Network. The New Orleans Saints running back, currently out with an injured knee, will join a cast of rotating sideline reporters filling the role vacated when Rashad Johnson took an assistant coaching job with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers just before the season.

Cory Reamer and Christian Miller are among the former Alabama players who worked the sideline reporter job the season. Ingram will be the eyes and ears on the radio broadcast and will conduct the halftime interview with Nick Saban on the way off the field.

The 2009 Heisman Trophy winner was a guest on Thursday night’s Sugar Bowl preview radio show in New Orleans. He roasted Saban a few times as the two shared stories along with John Parker Wilson.

The Sugar Bowl between Alabama and Kansas State will kick off at 11 a.m. CT Saturday in the Superdome.

Anybody hear the exchange between Ingram and Will Anderson after the game on CTSN? I was half listening while looking at some stats, but at the end of the interview Anderson dropped a clear and loud, "Roll Fucking Tide!" Ingram responded with a, "Roll MoFo Tide!" I'm guessing it was dumped over the radio, but can't dump the internet feed. Chris Stewart handled it well, but I'd love to have seen his reaction to it when it happened.

Back
Top Bottom