| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: Elite 2025 EDGE Justin Hill has Committed to Alabama

The guy who's a RB playing a QB, that everyone wanted Simpson over him?
A bit hyperbolic.

He's not the same QB today as he was when the season closed. I'm more confident today that he'll be in NYC than I was last season when I said he was going to be in NYC this next season. A few mechanics have been changed, his progression reads are improving, and more importantly, he's got a coach who can scheme WR's open.

I've been poking fun a little bit at our 3 and 4 star "commitment" list. But I honestly do think that a roster of 3-4 stars will be more viable moving forward to lengthened seasons and greater parity. With regulatory changes inevitably coming to equalize NIL deals across all top tier programs, it really is going to fall back on coaching, culture, and acquiring key portal contributors. It will be more about pampering coaches to attract the best coaches, rather than stockpiling 5 stars upon 5 stars. I think the days are numbered of any school --- Bama, Georgia, Ohio St, etc. -- having an overwhelming edge in talent before the season begins. For better and for worse...
Take Sanders out of Matre Dei as an example. He's currently listed as a three star. Now, look at his offer list. His ranking will change.

They were saying he would pull a Mykel Williams. Commit to USC, Decommit, and then Commit to Georgia.

They also lost Gibson yesterday...2 five stars in a short time is a rough look for USC.

Terry one of the five-stars that will be in town visiting us this weekend. Could be an interesting development here but I wouldn't be surprised to see him flip back to Georgia or something along those lines also.

Huge weekend boys, need this week to go great. And I think it will. I expect Justus terry to end up at Georgia, but him immediately taking this visit has me hopeful that we could potentially pull this off. He's a position that we need, and I hope they drive that home to him. Ty Jackson will be there this weekend as well, and I like where we stand with him. On3 has him predicted to Bama..... but, their little "predictor" has had him going to other teams like 15 times. I'm serious, go look at it, it's a little ridiculous. But I hope we get him nonetheless, Jackson is a phenomenal linebacker. If you watch his tape, you may sit back and wonder why he's not ranked higher than what he is on some of these sites.

Got several more highly touted players coming, Caleb Cuningham, Dijon Lee(I think we land him), Micah Dubose, and many more.... let's hope for a great week.

Last edited:

How cold is it in your house right now?

If you live in Alabama, your air conditioner is probably running non-stop all summer, making it pretty cold in your house compared to the heat of the outside. However, if you're in Tuscaloosa, you probably should be preparing for a cold summer.

What does the "cold summer" mean for the Alabama Crimson Tide? Does it mean Alabama's gone cold on the recruiting trail and Kalen DeBoer can't recruit in the SEC?

Quite the opposite, actually, with the Crimson Tide currently sitting with the No. 3 overall recruiting class according to 247 Sports, behind Ohio State and Notre Dame. Alabama currently holds the No. 1 class in the SEC according to 247 Sports.

What is the Cold Summer that Alabama's coaches, general manager, and recruits keep mentioning?

It's the 2024 recruiting tactic for the 2025 recruiting class. Alabama's coaching and recruiting staff consists of several people who previously coached at places that were in the cold. Kalen DeBoer, Nick Sheridan, JaMarcus Shephard, Courtney Morgan, and Jarrett McElwain all came from Washington. Colin Hitschler came from Wisconsin. Maurice Linguist came from Buffalo.

Courtney Morgan has been the driving factor for Alabama on the recruiting trail.

The biggest question about this Alabama staff was their ability to recruit, especially in the SEC against other high-level recruiters in Texas, Ole Miss, Georgia, etc.

Alabama is answering the call. The Crimson Tide has earned seven commitments in the month of July, and 15 of the Tide's 17 commitments in the 2024 class have come since Kalen DeBoer was named the head coach of the Crimson Tide.

The Crimson Tide aren't just recruiting in one area, however. Alabama has five commitments from its own state, four commitments from California, and three from Georgia. DeBoer has shown the ability to recruit 1) in state and 2) in major recruiting hotbeds like California and Georgia.

Alabama's class is not finished, either.

The Crimson Tide has a chance to go into the recruiting dead period with a lot of positive momentum thanks to the final big recruiting weekend in June.

According to On3 Sports, Alabama has 14 visitors during the weekend of June 21.

• Justus Terry - Five-Star DL
  • Caleb Cunningham - Five-Star WR
  • Dijon Lee - Five-Star CB
  • Derek Meadows - Four-Star WR
  • Ty Jackson - Four-Star LB
  • Damien Shanklin - Four-Star EDGE
  • Jakaleb Faulk - Four-Star EDGE (Auburn Commit)
  • Micah Dubose - Four-Star OL
  • Girard Pringle - Four-Star RB (Miami Commit)
  • Josiah Sharma - Four-Star DL
  • Abduall Sanders - Four-Star LB (Alabama Commit)
  • Luke Metz - Four-Star LB (Alabama Commit)
  • CJ Jimcoily - Four-Star Safety
  • Corey Amos - Three-Star EDGE (Ole Miss Commit)
Additionally, Alabama hosted two top targets during the week. Five-star wide receiver Kaliq Lockett may move Alabama higher on his list following a strong official visit on Monday, June 17. Alabama also hosted four-star tight end Kaleb Edwards.

If Alabama can continue to momentum from this summer's recruiting cycle into the regular season, and it translates to wins, we may see a lot more cold summers in Tuscaloosa in the future.

By the way, if you see rankings from people, this is the one that matters the most. From the actual people running the camp ranking the QBs. Some of these sites are just bouncing QBs up and down for clicks/views.
If I'm not mistaken, the rankings you've cited are overall while the recruiting sites have been ranking day to day. Rivals and On3 had him at #8. He started off erratically.

If I'm not mistaken, the rankings you've cited are overall while the recruiting sites have been ranking day to day. Rivals and On3 had at #8. He started off erratically.

He's not wrong, they are all over the place. The only constant I have seen is the Florida State kid, but everyone else is all over the place with very little consistency when comparing even the day to day rankings from the services.

• Justus Terry - Five-Star DL
  • Caleb Cunningham - Five-Star WR
  • Dijon Lee - Five-Star CB
  • Derek Meadows - Four-Star WR
  • Ty Jackson - Four-Star LB
  • Damien Shanklin - Four-Star EDGE
  • Jakaleb Faulk - Four-Star EDGE (Auburn Commit)
  • Micah Dubose - Four-Star OL
  • Girard Pringle - Four-Star RB (Miami Commit)
  • Josiah Sharma - Four-Star DL
  • Abduall Sanders - Four-Star LB (Alabama Commit)
  • Luke Metz - Four-Star LB (Alabama Commit)
  • CJ Jimcoily - Four-Star Safety
  • Corey Amos - Three-Star EDGE (Ole Miss Commit)

Few of these guys I like our chances with:

Caleb Cunningham
Dijon Lee - Worst kept secret here
Ty Jackson
Josiah Sharma
Girard Pringle - Kinda an interesting one here...pretty sure he'd flip to Bama if we wanted but not sure if we're waiting on word from Ayklin Dear and his camp first before we decide to pull the trigger on this one. He may very well be our back-up option for 2nd RB in this class if Dear falls through.

Back
Top Bottom