| FTBL Al Delgreco and Saban rumor

bear facts said:
Outlaw said:
billfish said:
Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
Letting people you know stay at your house.....

This would make him a good friend?

And that's all there was to it.

Now if we were to find out he wore Purple and Gold boxers....well then...it might be substantiated. :wink: :lol:

I don't really want to know what color boxers he wears myself.

Y'all are making my sides ache. :lol:

Maybe somebody can get Terry Saban to confirm what Nick's underwear preference is.

This one is probably his and her favorite, though.

money-bills1.jpg

I used to have a similar pair to that. Had a big ole money sign down the middle in the front. MONEY MONEY MONEY. :lol: :lol:

But, he wearing a pair makes more sense than me. Ya know, college student with 10K+ in student loans so far who's going to be making a teacher's salary vs. Nick Saban. :lol:

Outlaw said:
bear facts said:
Outlaw said:
billfish said:
Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
Letting people you know stay at your house.....

This would make him a good friend?

And that's all there was to it.

Now if we were to find out he wore Purple and Gold boxers....well then...it might be substantiated. :wink: :lol:

I don't really want to know what color boxers he wears myself.

Y'all are making my sides ache. :lol:

Maybe somebody can get Terry Saban to confirm what Nick's underwear preference is.

This one is probably his and her favorite, though.

money-bills1.jpg

I used to have a similar pair to that. Had a big ole money sign down the middle in the front. MONEY MONEY MONEY. :lol: :lol:

But, he wearing a pair makes more sense than me. Ya know, college student with 10K+ in student loans so far who's going to be making a teacher's salary vs. Nick Saban. :lol:

and Nick's are made out of REAL money! :oops:

Proud Tiger said:
bear facts said:
Proud Tiger said:
And he was in Durham yesterday and met with the Duke AD.

I thought that was Steve Spurrier's son, Steve Spurrier Jr., who met with Duke yesterday. :?

http://www.thestate.com/sports/story/240908.html

http://home.sprynet.com/~sims03/team/staff/sspurrierjr.htm

It probably was Jr. although this morning's Huntsville Times said it was Daddy and said he and the Duke AD were old friends.

Alleva said earlier on this week that Spurrier would serve as a consultant during this coaching search.

Leviathan179 said:
Well I started this whole damn thread and didnt realize what a bees hive I would be stirring up. To the poster who said I was probably a disgruntled LSU fan....screw off and ROLL TIDE.

So its just coincidence that you registered when this rumor started?

I have read that LSU posting and several others touting the same thing. The logic in that thing is completely backwards.

1. 3 million a year is about 1 million LESS than here.

2. Saban has NO buyout with Alabama, to accept a 10 million buyout at LSU would be ludicrous.

That right there proves that this is bullshit. NO BODY gives away about 5 million dollars and then puts himself in jeopardy of losing 10 million more, especially when his 32 million here is G-U-A-R-A-N-T-E-E-D.

CrimsonPirate said:
If he leaves, I refuse to hate him. Like bear facts said in another thread, we don't want him if his heart is someplace else.
Maybe I'm no better than a corndog but I am afraid I would have to hate him.

psychojoe said:
History may be repeating itself. This "chummy" atmosphere started the problems at Hoover. It is probably a coincidence that another former Barner kicking type, who had football playing sons, and who did Hoover radio and TV, was involved in being chummy with the former Hoover coach.

Such is the way it goes these days in prep sports. These young kids are getting too big of heads, way too soon. I'm not just being old fashioned here either. Nobody 16-17-18 years old should be getting as much pub for PLAYING SPORTS as these kids do nowadays. It was a cancer at Hoover. I don't have sour grapes about it either. My local school, Pelham sure isn's shy about spending money on football. Come have a look at that turf sometime.

By the way, I played at Muscle Shoals High up in Colbert County, where we REGULARLY got pounded by other high schools. So what did they do to fix the problem? Ponied up some bucks and hired Curly Hallman :roll:

i have seen the new turf. I live in Pelham as well. My daughter graduated from there in 2002. I was among those who felt that Sammy Queen got a raw deal, but as a pal of mine puts it, my daughter was gone from Pelham by then and I didn't have a dog in that fight.

IMO, Coach Saban is not going anywhere. Currently he is coaching for the most storied program in college football history, and making 4 million a year to boot. He is out there recruiting his ass off, and already has a top-notch class on the way.

Here in knoxville, all they talked about on the local sports radio station was how they thought that Spurrier would most likely end up at LSU, if in fact Les even gets hired by Michigan. Saban's name was not mentioned once amongst any of it.

This rumor to me is not any different than someone pumping or dumping a stock on some of the investment boards. Everyone gets all pumped up or in a tizzy merely from a few unsubstantiated posts on a bbs. I will certainly not lose a wink of sleep over it.

Until there is any proof at all, besides an auburn talk show host then maybe ill listen. But you guys need to realize it is an AUBURN TALK SHOW HOST, they want nothing more than to see us fall apart. Alabama is considered as one of the top 5 coaching jobs in college football, there is too much potential here to go back to louisiana.

Id give my impression of CNS's personality, but regardless, trust me, Ive taken my fair share of psychology courses, and the guy will be driven to get the job done before he leaves here. Hes still recruiting, we got a hot new commit today, things are going normal.

He frequently mentions correcting things "in the future" like in the Auburn game and called for patience from the fanbase on his radio show, which i would assume shows his intentions. He has opened up to the fanbase in recent months (not the media, but fans on HIS radio show in alabama and fans at the stadium).

Hes really really not going anywhere, and not for LSU, the only connection he has to the school is that he coached at the place for four years. He also has friends there, but you learn when you move around alot you make new friends everywhere you go.

That all said, his heart is in college football, not anyone school. If you think like that, no one school stands above any other, so yea: He is not going anywhere.
EDIT: A Full analysis of his personality would take me forever and a day to write up. Its not that its complicated, but they can be quite detailed. Regardless, he doesnt have the personality of a man who leaves a job after his first heavy paycheck before he even does what he wis hired for. Id go back to him saying this was his last job before he retired. He has said enough to clear all of the new worries that have sprouted, I dont think he needs to remind us.

Back
Top Bottom