| FTBL Al Delgreco and Saban rumor

Someone may have already mentioned this but...

I don't remember Al having any sources this time last year when Saban was rumored to be coming to Alabama.

The bottom line is that this is just a load. If Saban really wanted to go to LSU he never would have come to Alabama, he would have stayed in Miami another year and waited for either Les to be fired* or he would have stayed and waited for Carr to be fired at Michigan which everyone expected for about 12 months now and Les to take the job.

*(they would have strongly considered it if Saban was wanting to go back)

A year ago he knew that the LSU job was going to open around this time or at least expected it like most SEC fans and didn't really care...

I don't think that coach saban will leave. but I have a question is there a rule where if a coach switches teams in conference can he cannot target the recruits he had at the old school or am I wrong about this?

Until there is any proof at all, besides an auburn talk show host then maybe ill listen. But you guys need to realize it is an AUBURN TALK SHOW HOST, they want nothing more than to see us fall apart. Alabama is considered as one of the top 5 coaching jobs in college football, there is too much potential here to go back to louisiana.

I'd like to start by saying I think there is a much better chance of Tubbs leaving Auburn for Arkansas then Saban to LSU. With that being said, do people really think that on a national scale that Alabama is considered a top five coaching job? I mean there is the money, and great tradition but then there is the SEC, the high expectations, the BOT, Auburn(thought I'd throw that in). Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great institution, but I wouldn't consider it top five in the nation at this point. Auburn bias or does anyone agree?

imatigerfan said:
Until there is any proof at all, besides an auburn talk show host then maybe ill listen. But you guys need to realize it is an AUBURN TALK SHOW HOST, they want nothing more than to see us fall apart. Alabama is considered as one of the top 5 coaching jobs in college football, there is too much potential here to go back to louisiana.

I'd like to start by saying I think there is a much better chance of Tubbs leaving Auburn for Arkansas then Saban to LSU. With that being said, do people really think that on a national scale that Alabama is considered a top five coaching job? I mean there is the money, and great tradition but then there is the SEC, the high expectations, the BOT, Auburn(thought I'd throw that in). Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great institution, but I wouldn't consider it top five in the nation at this point. Auburn bias or does anyone agree?

At the present time, no. At one time yes. If Coach Saban can get us back on track, there is no question we would be again. We are not far off from it though. It definitely ain't a bad job. Not knocking Auburn here, but I would bet even with the 6 in a row thing, we are still as inviting of a coaching job as Auburn, if not more.

At the present time, no. At one time yes. If Coach Saban can get us back on track, there is no question we would be again. We are not far off from it though. It definitely ain't a bad job. Not knocking Auburn here, but I would bet even with the 6 in a row thing, we are still as inviting of a coaching job as Auburn, if not more.

Yea, I could probably agree with all that.

imatigerfan said:

Yea, I could probably agree with all that.

You mean, provided your sponsor (Proud Tiger) tells you to agree with that. :D

Big Mouth

imatigerfan said:
You mean, provided your sponsor (Proud Tiger) tells you to agree with that.

Sorry I meant that I agree in principle.

Agreeing in Principle, is just a political ploy to not agree, like Bill Clinton's statement of "what is means". The questions was not answered because of the hidden agenda to smack us.

Coach NS has a very large reputation investment right now in the Bama program. He can leave anytime. If he was to leave now, then his reputation would be in jeopardy because of a job not finished. The Ghost of Coaches past would certainly come to visit. (Look at Fran)

Bama is certainly in the top 5 jobs because of many things. Tradition, National Championships, National exposure, Fan base, to name a few and It is one of the winning-est programs in the country. He has a better opportunity to get a NC quicker here than anywhere. Currently it is the highest paid coaching position in College football.

If he goes anywhere, he can't take Bama with him. Look at all the coaches that have not been successful here. They are not successful because this is not a job you take on the way up to a bigger school. This is a destination job for a career.

Agreeing in Principle, is just a political ploy to not agree, like Bill Clinton's statement of "what is means". The questions was not answered because of the hidden agenda to smack us.

Coach NS has a very large reputation investment right now in the Bama program. He can leave anytime. If he was to leave now, then his reputation would be in jeopardy because of a job not finished. The Ghost of Coaches past would certainly come to visit. (Look at Fran)

Bama is certainly in the top 5 jobs because of many things. Tradition, National Championships, National exposure, Fan base, to name a few and It is one of the winning-est programs in the country. He has a better opportunity to get a NC quicker here than anywhere. Currently it is the highest paid coaching position in College football.

If he goes anywhere, he can't take Bama with him. Look at all the coaches that have not been successful here. They are not successful because this is not a job you take on the way up to a bigger school. This is a destination job for a career.

The first part was a joke. As far as the rest of what you said, while I agree with the tradition, money, national exposure, I would still disagree that it is top 5 due to the extremely high expectations, having to recruit against a big rival, the fan base that is quick to fire, the BOT politics, the booster politics, etc. In ten years Bama could have a top 5 program to coach at, but right now a coaches graveyard isn't somewhere I would want to be.

imatigerfan said:

The first part was a joke. As far as the rest of what you said, while I agree with the tradition, money, national exposure, I would still disagree that it is top 5 due to the extremely high expectations, having to recruit against a big rival, the fan base that is quick to fire, the BOT politics, the booster politics, etc. In ten years Bama could have a top 5 program to coach at, but right now a coaches graveyard isn't somewhere I would want to be.

Having to recruit against a big rival? BOT politics? Coaches graveyard?

I have not chimed in yet on what I think is going to happen. I debated long and hard whether or not to say anything at all.

I don't think that Coach Saban is leaving. I don't care what CTT is doing and I dont care where CLM is going.

The Barnturds and LSU should be worrying about us imho. Sure CNS might have been happy at LSU back then and might be frustrated with things to a degree Tuscaloosa. Then again, he might not be frustrated and might be happy in Tuscaloosa after all. Unless I ever have the privilage of talking with him on that level I will have to be content not knowing the situation any more than I do.

So what is the situation? From my perspective it is like this.

Auburn is in turmoil because of the rumors.

LSU is in limbo becuase of the rumors.

DelGEEKO is a barn homer but a respectable guy despite him talking out of his a$$.

The most important part of the situation as I see it?

Coach Nick Saban is the head football coach at the University of Alabama. He is recruiting hard right now and doing a dang fine job at it. He has not looked for another job as far as I know and rumors are far from fact.

Just my two cents.

Swamptick said:
I have not chimed in yet on what I think is going to happen. I debated long and hard whether or not to say anything at all.

I don't think that Coach Saban is leaving. I don't care what CTT is doing and I dont care where CLM is going.

The Barnturds and LSU should be worrying about us imho. Sure CNS might have been happy at LSU back then and might be frustrated with things to a degree Tuscaloosa. Then again, he might not be frustrated and might be happy in Tuscaloosa after all. Unless I ever have the privilage of talking with him on that level I will have to be content not knowing the situation any more than I do.

DelGEEKO is a barn homer but a respectable guy despite him talking out of his a$$.

Coach Nick Saban is the head football coach at the University of Alabama. He is recruiting hard right now and doing a dang fine job at it. He has not looked for another job as far as I know and rumors are far from fact.

Just my two cents.

2 cents well spent.

Just my two cents.

The only two parts I would disagree with are Auburn being in turmoil and LSU in limbo. I know you think whenever someone at T-town sneezes then the Auburn fan base is shaking, but the truth is that up until this point we really have seen little reason to be afraid. Yea, I think a lot of Auburn fans would like to Saban leave, but only because it would be funny. We would still have to play against him so it makes little difference, but in no way does this point us in turmoil. LSU is in limbo because their coach is leaving for Michigan, not because of Saban.

As with the part about Del Greco, ya I agree. Saban is doing a good job with recruiting and the rumors, a very good job.

imatigerfan said:

Just my two cents.

The only two parts I would disagree with are Auburn being in turmoil and LSU in limbo. I know you think whenever someone at T-town sneezes then the Auburn fan base is shaking, but the truth is that up until this point we really have seen little reason to be afraid. Yea, I think a lot of Auburn fans would like to Saban leave, but only because it would be funny. We would still have to play against him so it makes little difference, but in no way does this point us in turmoil. LSU is in limbo because their coach is leaving for Michigan, not because of Saban.

As with the part about Del Greco, ya I agree. Saban is doing a good job with recruiting and the rumors, a very good job.

I'm pretty sure he is saying that you are in turmoil because of the rumors of your coach leaving not Saban, and I think it is the same for what he said about LSU. So wanna try again?

I'm pretty sure he is saying that you are in turmoil because of the rumors of your coach leaving not Saban, and I think it is the same for what he said about LSU. So wanna try again?

If so then no. But considering the entire first part of the post was about Saban, and the third part was Del Greco who started a rumor about Saban, I assumed that the first two were also about Saban. If not then I apologize, I misunderstood.

imatigerfan said:

If so then no. But considering the entire first part of the post was about Saban, and the third part was Del Greco who started a rumor about Saban, I assumed that the first two were also about Saban. If not then I apologize, I misunderstood.

I was just checking.

Back
Top Bottom